IGNORED

Lee Miller (again)

Port Said Red

I thought you might like to know from the local source how he's getting on. :city:

I saw the local papers on the Monday, he got 7/10 and praise in the write up for his performance.

Tuesday, despite being knocked out of the cup by Motherwell (120 minute winner), he got 7/10 again and this summary of his performance "Superb first touch and physical frontline presence, but opportunities limited".

I then saw highlights of the game at halftime of the Rangers walkover (sorry defeat of) Dundee Utd.

He was involved in the build up of both goals, for the second he chested the ball down skillfully into the path of the guy who supplied the cross. He celebrated wildly with the players and fans after the goal as well, suggesting he feels part of the team maybe... :city:

I thought he had a chance to score at the near post when the score was 1-0, but the commentator made more fuss of the guy who missed at the far post as well, so maybe he wasn't as close to the ball as it looked.

I spoke to two "Jambo's" fans as well who were both very impressed and feel that now the club has been taken over by "Ramonov" (a sort of poor mans Abramovich apparently) that they would have the money to sign him, especially as they look like losing a striker to Celtic.

All in all he looked fit, in form and not at all out of place.

BTW. The Rangers Dundee result could have been very different if, with the score at 2-1 Jim McIntyre's (ex-city of course) 25 yarder hadn't hit BOTH posts before coming out. :city:

I'm not sure if your post makes me feel depressed or delighted to be honest! :city:

I feel gutted for the fact that only a month after returning home he is fit, scoring and obviously happy, and the Manager/coaches down here didn't bother or know how to get him that way.

I feel delighted because I always knew he had skill and ability and at times didn't deserve to be treated the way he was down here. Well done Lee.

How we are playing this season,he is too good for us anyway. :city: Maybe we can get him to come back when we get to the Championship, we like taking players back we do! :city:

Yes, the reviews all sound good, but what I'd like to know is, why is he playing better for Hearts than he was for us ?

Is it the team he's playing with ? 

Is it being closer to home ? 

Is the football easier up there ?  (I cant believe its that bad !)

Or was he just unlucky not to score more goals when he played for us ?

Because from what I've seen of him, he looks like a good, skillful players, but not the sort of striker who is going to score a hatful of goals.

Or maybe it's because up there he gets ratings like 7/10 again and this summary of his performance "Superb first touch and physical frontline presence, but opportunities limited".

Where as down here it would be "Didn't score. Load of rubbish".

Yes, the reviews all sound good, but what I'd like to know is, why is he playing better for Hearts than he was for us ?

Because from what I've seen of him, he looks like a good, skillful players, but not the sort of striker who is going to score a hatful of goals.

Maybe actually being on the pitch helps, for 90 mins and for more than 1 game!?! Oh and having a manager who praises and supports him, rather than criticises?

Guest Goodone
Maybe actually being on the pitch helps, for 90 mins and for more than 1 game!?!  Oh and having a manager who praises and supports him, rather than criticises?

Miller always looked a good player, he was never given a good and fair run in the team, glad he is proving what he can do!!! another great decision BT made letting him go - Big clap for Brian!!

Maybe they have a midfield that can actually give some service too their strikers

Or maybe it's because up there he gets ratings like 7/10 again and this summary of his performance "Superb first touch and physical frontline presence, but opportunities limited".

Where as down here it would be "Didn't score. Load of rubbish".

Shurely shome mishtake they the WDP wouldnt write cr@p like that................

Would they?? :city::city::city:

Archived