IGNORED

Help Please,

Maesknoll Red

Guest Cider Red Sam

Whenever I go to an away match it tends to be (started by the same bloke each time!)...

give me a C, I, T, Y, who's going to win? CITY clap clap clap, CITY clap clap clap, CITY clap clap clap

I know what I mean, hope you do! I didn't really know how to type it.....

Guest cidered153

:Hmm, yeah that's really funny Tarquin.: everywhere we go people wan-a-know is sung at least once in each half but who knows ! with a new signing on the cards we may all be wrong !!!.

With the exception of 'dink up the cider', what a bunch of cr@p songs. Its about time City fans had some new songs. Sorry I wont be singing any of these.

On a personal note, the 'Five men went to burn' song is good but no one can seem to be bothered to sing it through to the end.

Oh for an anthem!!

• Admin
Which chant is most likely to be started by your fans this afternoon?

"Stand up, if you hate the gas", it's sang at every game so regardless of whether it is supporting the Bristol City team or not, it is the song that is most likely to be sung at Meadow Lane. (oh and when it is sung, don't be surprised to see half of the home fans rise to their feet as well!!!)

With the exception of 'dink up the cider', what a bunch of cr@p songs. Its about time City fans had some new songs. Sorry I wont be singing any of these.

On a personal note, the 'Five men went to burn' song is good but no one can seem to be bothered to sing it through to the end.

Oh for an anthem!!

You may have contradicted yourself there. Drink up thee Cider is an excellent celebratory anthem for City which has stood the test of time. Not at all sure we need a new one.

Agree with you about the need for new songs though. In the old days the pop charts would throw up several new classics a season. Remember "Seasons in the sun" for instance. The present culture for rap doesn't seem to lend itself well for this.

These days most "City" songs seem to have been heard on The Premiership first and then adapted. Oh, for a few more originals.

As a side note, surprised to see the current crop of City away chant starters didn't seem to know the full words to "Doobie, doobie, doo" at Brentford. Seriously, they missed out the 3rd line and rushed through it.

Now there was a City original. Silly song but definitively ours - wouldn't it be great to hear it sang correctly and with real gusto like "the old days". :(

Archived