IGNORED

City V Bmth

Bristol Boy

After what seems to be our usual slow, sleepy start, we played some convincing stuff yesterday and deserved our win.

The increased closing down and workrate were particularly noticeable.

With Wilkshire on a month's leave and Amaankwah injured (again?) we definetly need a right winger, particularly as CR is banned for Notts County on 10th.

Listening to DW on City World, I wouldn't be surprised to see a winger AND a striker, because we're not killing sides off despite dominating games and that's been the case for 5-6 games.

That also makes me think that Marvin Brown & Lee Matthews won't get renewed contracts in the summer whether we are up or not.

I think BT & TD will combine in central midfield in LW's absence and there won't be a defensive signing as we could easily pick two defences good enough for this division from our current squad.

So, the noises about McSheffrey from Coventry and the official stuff about Goodfellow from Stoke seem about right unless DW pulls a flanker and signs a central midfielder from somewhere.

The point is, that if you keep the ball, don't BOOT it, sides can have the biggest strikers in the world and it's not an issue because they won't get enough of the ball to hurt you.

You can't knock three wins out of three and we need to focus on a winning January.Win every game in January and we could well go second.

I thought the game yesterday was excellent (apart from the first 20 mins which were a bit flat). Tommy had a good first game back, Aaron scored an ace goal and the defence looked pretty solid. The squad is looking strong.

If the manager wants to bring anyone in I think it should be a proven goalscorer and a right winger with pace and crossing ability. Just hope we get the right player or players.

With 9 points out of 9 and some good performances the team and manager really gave us a good xmas, let's hope it continues into the New Year. It's just a shame we have to wait a couple of weeks before the next match.

Bring it on!

You can't knock three wins out of three

<br /> Ooh I don't know ... there were a couple of callers to Radio Brizz doing exactly that after the game. Had to laugh at the regular whinger who admitted there is good cover throughout the squad ... who does he think is responsible for that?

However, for him and some other fans, it seems three points is only secondary to playing exactly the eleven players they would like to see for all ninety minutes - anything they don't like is apparently wrong.

Personally, I'm pleased to see the manager talking in terms of strengthening a good squad while it is in form. That's because players may win matches but squads win promotion.

Archived