IGNORED

On Promotion To The First Division

Guest Rob

At the game yesterday i heard a man saying that when City get promoted to the first division we will sign Scott Murray.

If he is for sale, i personally am wary about bringing him back.

He has been a bit of a flop at Reading and may have too much expectation on his shoulders if he comes back.

Quality in the 2nd div, but could he do it for us in the first?

(p.s, sorry about the "murray subject" again)

He has been a bit of a flop at Reading and may have too much expectation on his shoulders if he comes back.

AGREE 100%

He was great when he was here but its time to let it go!! HE HAS GONE

lets move on

Guest KingswoodRed
At the game yesterday i heard a man saying that when City get promoted to the first division we will sign Scott Murray.

(p.s, sorry about the "murray subject" again)

I sincerely hope we don't re-sign Murray when we get promoted to Div 1.

He'll be around 56 by then and surely too old.

^_^

Should we manage promotion this season, it will be timely in that alot of fringe and under achieving players contracts are up for renewal, I feel that should we make it to div 1, with the inevitable increased crowds and tv revenue, plus the removal of several players off the wage bill we will undoubtly see more recognised talent at ashton gate.

Though i would very much doubt this will include SM

BYE BYE S.M.

A bit harsh in my opinion. I agree that players never seem to reproduce previous form upon a return to a former club (i.e Mark Gavin) but if Murray were to become available and at the right price ?? Never say never.

• Admin
<br /> He left us for the good times; o.k. fine but if the grass aint greener on the other side of the fence; tough ;bye;

Tinman  :) = loyal B.C.F.C.

Murray  ^_^ = himself the end

Careful, I wouldn't be so categoric if I were you. Danny may decide that he is the man he wants to bring in in the Summer by which time you'll be proclaiming it as the "perfect signing from the perfect manager", and you wouldn't want to look hypocritical would you?

<br /> He left us for the good times; o.k. fine but if the grass aint greener on the other side of the fence; tough ;bye;

Tinman  :) = loyal B.C.F.C.

Murray  ^_^ = himself the end

If we can continue our form and gain promotion, I would suggest that 'Mr Loyalty' will need to be shown the door.

Murray has delivered more goals and assists in his stay at City than Mr Showboater.

Tinnion was not missed yesterday,(poor opposition granted- as it is every week) but Dohertys pass to Brown was quality, as was his all round performance.

Dont let your heart rule your head.

• Admin
Last time we got promotion to Div 1 BCFC signed a load of players and we finished bottom. On reaching Div 1, I hope we'll stick with the players and manager that got us up. Sacking John Ward and pushing the noses out of the players that got us promotion was wrong and the club paid with immediate relegation.

The problem was in the amount of players we bought. We should have followed the Watford model and just brought in 1 or 3 players. Pretty much what we did last Summer actually. I'd say a keeper to provide competition for Phillips and possibly a striker to replace Peacock (going on the basis that we sign a right winger soon or Roberts delivers on his 'promise')

If we can continue our form and gain promotion, I would suggest that 'Mr Loyalty' will need to be shown the door.

Murray has delivered more goals and assists in his stay at City than Mr Showboater.

Tinnion was not missed yesterday,(poor opposition granted- as it is every week)  but Dohertys pass to Brown was quality, as was his all round performance.

Dont let your heart rule your head.

Are you calling Brian Tinnion "Mr Showboater"???? :(

What a joke, this bloke has put in years of hard graft for the club and is city through and through and if it werent for blokes like him the youth system wouldnt be what it is.

He has played a HUGE part on and off the field in aiding the development of many youngsters at this club with Matty Hill, Simon Clist, Craig Woodman, Aaron Brown to name but a few.

Sort it out!!

PLUS, the fact that he is still the ONLY and i state ONLY player who can hit a cross field pass with pinpoint accuracy in our team.

Granted Tommy is getting there but there aint no better at Tins' game in this division.

Guest Cider_Army

Murray had one or two good seasons for us. Roberts is way above the standard Murray was when he joined lets hope he gets to and beyond the same level sooner rather than later!

<br /> Mr Murray has been put on this God like pedestal by some city fans why? He was a good player I will go with that, but he was hardly a prolific goal scorer and did tend to either be in or out of a game.

D.W. is not nowhere near perfect either ;and has made some really strange choices I dont think even he will bring mr Murray back though; still I am prepared to look even more stupid than I already am if it does happen.

Hardly a prolific goalscorer?! Hello?! 26/27 goals from a right winger?

Where were you last season?!

:Hmm, yeah that's really funny Tarquin.:

PLUS, the fact that he is still the ONLY and i state ONLY player who can hit a cross field pass with pinpoint accuracy in our team.

Granted Tommy is getting there but there aint no better at Tins' game in this division.

Suggest you arrange a visit to Specsavers!!

i) Wilkshire is by far a better all round player than Tinnion ever was or is, even when he's not in possession.

ii) Doherty has the ability to use both feet, is strong in the tackle and good in the air.

iii) Tinnion has the annoying habit of overplaying. As stated previously, why does he need to collect the ball from defenders 30 yards inside his own half ? and then launch a 'hit and hope ball' and lose possesion. Granted he can pick a pass around the opponents penalty area but because he likes playing so deep, he is rarely in this position. Also because of his obvious left sideness (?) he is often oblivious to the would be right sided players when making attacking runs.

Archived