IGNORED

How Much Is Leroy Worth Now?

Guest shire_redz

Guest shire_redz

And how much would we let him go for? I'm pretty sure he's top of Hull's wanted list. Personally, I hope we can hold onto him, as he'll only get better and better(with the right coaching!).

Guest Holls0608

Hull can get any player that they want at the moment within reason of course but now that peter taylor's got his eyes on lita then I cant see him staying if hull go up and we don't.

Lita's not worth much yet.He's still played less than a full season at first team level and no other club will pay mega bucks for a player whose not yet proven.For all we know he could be a one season wonder like Bob Taylor was a few years ago.

To be seen a top goalscorer you have to do it season after season like all the greats.Lineker,Greaves,Wright,Shearer,Henry and so on.

"Lita's not worth much yet.He's still played less than a full season at first team level and no other club will pay mega bucks for a player whose not yet proven."

Not quite right,blackburn paid over 1 million for jon stead of huddersfield last year,who i believe had only been in the first team a year or so,and jermaine pennant was bought for over 1 million quid by arsenal from notts county before he'd even made the first team!!!

One things for sure strikers tend to attract the best prices,so i would imagine Lita to be worth 750,000-1 million quid,esp now he has been recognised at international level,and if we got offered that with the number of strikers at the club we should probaby accept.

Talking of Jermain Pennant I saw in the paper the other day he was traveling back from Bristol when he got cought by the police drink driving while banned in the courts it was said he was on his way back from Bristol at the time. WHY?

Guest Cider Red Sam
Not quite right,blackburn paid over 1 million for jon stead of huddersfield last year,who i believe had only been in the first team a year or so.

They certainly did, but it will probably prove to be a bad buy (teams have now sussed him out after a good start last season), and will only make other clubs think twice before spending big bucks on unproven players

Lita's not worth much yet.He's still played less than a full season at first team level and no other club will pay mega bucks for a player whose not yet proven.For all we know he could be a one season wonder like Bob Taylor was a few years ago.

To be seen a top goalscorer you have to do it season after season like all the greats.Lineker,Greaves,Wright,Shearer,Henry and so on.

Wayne Rooney?

Bob Taylor? One season wonder? Am I thinking of the same one as you? I cant be.

I think a lot will depend on his performances in the U21's, if he has a good game then i expect he'll be attracting some bigger clubs attention.

At the moment he's in 6 figures already, he's young has lots of experence considering his age and he's a good pro.

Unless we get promoted we can say cheers to Lita, It would be unfair to see his talents waisted in this league, i'm sure we all agree.

Bob Taylor had one 30+ goal season for City as I recall but thats another thread..

Players like Owen,Rooney and Pennant are very rare.Few show as much ability as they did at such young ages and it was because they were special that big money was paid for them.Lita's simply not in the same class.In fact Lita's finishing is relatively poor.I would guestimate that he scores 1 in every 6 chances which is why he goes several games at a time without finding the net.Its not beacuse he's not getting the opportunities,he just doesn't have the composure yet.

I'd be very suprised if anyone came in with serious money for him.

Guest Wurzel_Bill
Bob Taylor had one 30+ goal season for City as I recall but thats another thread..

Lita's simply not in the same class.In fact Lita's finishing is relatively poor.I would guestimate that he scores 1 in every 6 chances which is why he goes several games at a time without finding the net.Its not beacuse he's not getting the opportunities,he just doesn't have the composure yet.

Remind me, how many goals has he scored this season?

You are saying that if he took 50% instead of 16.66% of his chances, he would be on 60 goals so far this season!!

Come on Leroy, more shooting practice please!

I've decided its not another thread! Superbob may have ONLY(!) had the one 30+ goals season for us but if memory serves me well he went on to score at a very good rate for WBA and Bolton and more importantly at the moment, for Tamworth.

I'm sure Aaron is picking up some toptips from him, as we speak!

Guest Grandad48

I have said all along that Leroy will be a Quality Striker, like all quality strikers he has that instinct and knows where the goal is, he doesn't have to stop with the ball and look around to make sure that they haven't moved the goalposts, o.k he hasn't got to perfection quite yet, but he is very close.

But to answer the question, To Bristol City he probably worth in the region of £10million, but to clubs looking to buy a player in the lower divisions I believe that we would be very lucky to get £750,000 and that would be the top end, the lower division stikers at present are not commanding the big money, Earnshaw went for £3 million, but he had to prove himself in the championship first and the buying club has to be desperate for someone to score some goals hence WBA.

So I am sorry to say he is not going to be the ticket to a big money transfer.

Remind me, how many goals has he scored this season?

You are saying that if he took 50% instead of 16.66% of his chances, he would be on 60 goals so far this season!!

Come on Leroy, more shooting practice please!

Robbored needs to sort his maths out. If Leroy scored with 1 every 6 chances then, given the minute number of REAL chances we create, he would be struggling to be on 10 goals this season.

Archived