IGNORED

Danny Coles

Guest DukeCoxer

Guest DukeCoxer

i can imagne there will be more than a handful who will disagree with me! but personally from what i have seen this season, i havent been particuarly impressed, i think that when wilkshire gets back from international (australia socceroos cant be much better than 3rd division level but hey!) duty, i think that we should be playin 3 at the back (droppin coles) and havin tinman, doherty and wilkshire in the middle.

I know danny is a fantastic player with a lot of quality, but from what i persoanlly have seen of him before crimbo i havent been impressed, lazy passing, poor control and rash desicions. but if he showed better levels of play when wilkshire is away then stay at same system.

open slating, just my opinion!

Danny Coles will become a good player

I think dannys form last year had alot to do with playing along side Butler,

it made him look a better player than he really was.

Its no coincidence that as butlers form has dipped so has dannys

If i was to play 3 at the back it would be

HILL - BUTLER - COLES

because an out of form coles is still 100% better than carey

Danny Coles will become a good player

I think dannys form last year had alot to do with playing along side Butler,

it made him look a better player than he really was.

Its no coincidence that as butlers form has dipped so has dannys

If i was to play 3 at the back it would be

HILL - BUTLER - COLES

because an out of form coles is still 100% better than carey

Guest DukeCoxer

personally mine would be hill-butler-carey

think carey is in a similar position though, him and coles are both quality players just dont think that either are playnig to full potential

I think Coles being dropped would not do him any harm.

Butler seems to have come back in and got his act together abit so when our squad is more restored then possibly he could be "rested/dropped".

I think that danny's form does depend upon who he is playing alongside. The problem is, Coles is not great in the air, so he needs someone alongside him who can dominate attackers in the air, now last season Butler was doing this fairly well, with a few exceptions, but in general Butler was solid in the air.

This season, Butler has generally been poor in the air, being dominated far too much, meaning teams have been exploiting that, which lessens Coles effectveness. I don't think Coles has been any poorer, it's just he's not had any airal strength alongside him, matty Hill is good in the air, but can because of his height be beaten from static set piece situations. Now Butler has come back and although i had my doubts after the first 15 minuites at Brentford, where he was easily beaten in the air, by Brentford strikers, he has been again good in the air.

Coles for me is technically one of our best defenders, ahead of Butler but behind matty Hill, but long term he needs a traditional big man alongside, like Shaun Taylor. For me Jones is the long term answer to this which is why it has annoyed me that he has been palmed off on loan while Butler was dropped.

Archived