IGNORED

Crap Grounds

robins72

Everyones talking crap towns but what is the crappest ground you've been to. Apart from the obvious stad de memorial (hem hem) mine has to be chesterfield. The fact that I've never seen us win there (didn't attend the midweek game in 99-00 season). Its a sham yukky toilets and awful pitch and theres no roof! Over to you guys

Meadow Park.

not bad for the league there in though i suppose

I presume you mean Gay Meadow? Or am I being a dullard?

Colchester usually wins this prize on here, coincidentally they are looking for support for a petition for a new ground, more on bristolcitynet message board:

LINK: http://boards.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=9...ytoid=535396412

I'm not saying this just because its the Gas, but the memorial ground reminds me of my back yard with a few chairs scattered around it, fortunatly there is no need for Citys fans to frequent this torrid place as they play lower league football.

So.....Rovers ground is the worst i have ever had the misfortune to attend.

:whistle:

:whistle: Hasn't anyone been to Millwalls old ground?

Fenced into a corner where you can hardly see the pitch,surrounded by the natives throwing insults,bottles,punches and anything else that they could rip up.It was never pleasant going down cold blow lane.

I presume you mean Gay Meadow? Or am I being a dullard?

Colchester usually wins this prize on here, coincidentally they are looking for support for a petition for a new ground, more on bristolcitynet message board:

LINK: http://boards.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=9...ytoid=535396412

?? Where's Meadow Park?

Meadow Park is Gloucester City's Football Stadium.

Its the worst ground ive been to but thats what i meant by not bad for what league they are in

Luton and Stockport.

Luton even more as theve seem to have just made the ground from scrap found around Luton, they must of ran out of scrap as Luton is the only ground I know who have executive boxes but no tier, wierd stadium.

Guest SW Valleys Red
Brechin, Penydarren Park, Merthyr (friendly about 15 years ago) the whole town should be bulldozed........& The Withdean Brighton!!!!

Now, Now ...

Merthyr has a rich history and culture of solidarity among working people. The present state of the town is as a consequence of the violence of neo-liberalism.

Guest hairyshamrock

I think everyone is forgetting Cambridge - went there the other year for the LDV area final.

I was amazed and liked the fact they had the old style floodlighting... but was also amazed by the fact that they also didn't shine on the pitch but actually shone on the roof of the stands behind the goals!!

the old cambridge, when it was a corrugated tin fence between the terrace and the allotments (fa cup replay(s) 89-90

the old northampton, in the cage in the corner by the cricket pitch

chester when they were at sealand rd

and reading when they were at elm park, toilets with no roof directly behind and below the away terracing.

CHR

just reading this back, it does show how some places have improved dramatically,

whilst others obviously have not

Wigans old ground with the grass bank and the bike shed :whistle:  at the back.

You're joking, it was great! I remember a fine afternoon towards the end of a season in about 1988/89/90 ... around then: Sitting on the grass bank in the sun, watching the footy. Are you saying that a soulless plastic seat in their new half empty enormo-drome is better?

Swindon have always had a bit of a rubbish ground.

Toodle pip

Cornelius

The old Wembly.

I can remember on several occasions having to wade through lakes of urine to get to the toilet, most people didnt bother and just whiped it out in the corridor as they didnt wanna be knee deep is urine, i was one.

and we lost 1-0 to Scotland, nightmare

Guest hilltop red

Filbert street. You had to walk though someones house. Only a net stopped the leicester fans chucking stuff at you from the left. And on the right no protection at all. They had one massive new stand, must of held 12,000, as the others were tiny. Food, toilets, view all crap.

Blackpool (before redevelopment) and Luton are the worst I've visited.

But on a slightly different tack. Are there any grounds you've visited where you've been surprised at how good it is in relation to the size of the club?

Rochdale have a cracking little ground and I was quite impressed with Mansfield.

BTW - I've heard from some away supporters that AG is one of the worst away grounds to visit. No backs to the seats being the major complaint. Some people are never happy. Still, they'll all be in the Atyeo in a few years time.

The Vetch Field surely has to be the worst, 10 ft high fencing, holes in the back of the stand. Oh yeah & a half finished stand to go with it.

:yawn: Sheer quality!!! ;)

Guest Kingswood Gas
Fenced into a corner where you can hardly see the pitch,surrounded by the natives throwing insults,bottles,punches and anything else that they could rip up.It was never pleasant

Sounds like a trip to Ashton :yawn:

Worst ground for me is the Vetch, Exeter or Gay meadow

Twerton - Home of some much agony and pain........(except for that 4-2 of course)

Ninian Park - Nuff Said

Millwall. (New then - never went to the old ground). Remember a game in 2001 (?) - Big Kev got injured - we drew 1-1 with Scotty scoring in the last seconds. Was staying at a mates in East London and we had to walk to the tube station - don't think we said a word on the way home!!

Oxford - (Old) Manor Ground.

And further afield...........

Stadio Delli Apli - Turin. Nice ground...........Not a very nice welcome!!

I have a new carp gound.

Ashton Gate. Used to like it years a go - a bit quiet but always got 3 points.

Nowadays always get turned over there by second rate opposition - have to drink poo coffee - always cold and wet - and ######in hell it does look like B&Q

Archived