IGNORED

Centenery Celebrations

Guest east_dundry_red

Well you don't have to buy it!

But there are many punters who would love to part of the replica / merchandising scene, but difficult as it maybe for some people to grasp, the 'branded' fashion market is the only route.

Teams like WBA, Fulham, Stoke, Baaadiff have all realised the potential of todays fashion concious fans. :(

<br /> But there are many punters who would love to part of the replica / merchandising scene, but difficult as it maybe for some people to grasp, the 'branded' fashion market is the only route.

Teams like WBA, Fulham, Stoke, Baaadiff have all realised the potential of todays fashion concious fans. :(

Yes Richie, and some fans couldn't give a flying f...

I thought that when City moved to TFG, Colin Sexstone said that by cutting out the 'middle man' savings could be made which in turn would mean the retail price would be reduced. If I'm not mistaken this has not been the case.

Whilst on holiday, last summer, I noticed that an authentic Spain strip (Adidas) was in the region of £30.00 cheaper than the City kit, as was the local Real Mallorca kit. Allowing for costs of living between the two countries, The kit is poor quality for the price.

Hope this isn't being negative, it's just an observation :(

We get more money from a smaller brand rather than a Puma, Nike ect. I Would lovwe to have a big make but to make more money, TFG and similar brands is the way to go. The Centenary Shirt, will have every Season Ticket holders name on it like the Tranny Shirt.

Great Idea i think

Tranny shirt ? I hope you mean Tranmere & not what I thought you meant?

Get you ducky :Hmm, yeah that's really funny Tarquin.:

<br /> Yes Richie, and some fans couldn't give a flying f...

Exactly Taz, those who don't give a flying f------, will continue to surface & buy the merchandise.

The prize here is to attract the many that would like to give a flying f------, won't buy the dross that TFG turn out.

Its called marketing & attracting the majority of fans to the promotion of BCFC.

In business would you be happy with a % of the market, when you could attract a larger % by living in todays merchandising market.

The don't give a flying f------, merchants are always good for merhandising turnover, but come on Taz, broaden your horizons & think outside the box. :(

Guest east_dundry_red
<br /> Exactly Taz, those who don't give a flying f------, will continue to surface & buy the merchandise.

The prize here is to attract the many that would like to give a flying f------, won't buy the dross that TFG turn out.

Its called marketing & attracting the majority of fans to the promotion of BCFC.

In business would you be happy with a % of the market, when you could attract a larger % by living in todays merchandising market.

The don't give a flying f------, merchants are always good for merhandising turnover, but come on Taz, broaden your horizons & think outside the box. :(

To be honest richie you really need to wake up and stop talking so much ####.

Id rather the club made the best possible money and i belive we do this with TFG. Nike football shirt are a discrase and so are adidas. Yes they ar echeeper but we will have the same design shirts as many many other clubs. People like nike and adidas produce 1 style shirt and just change the colour (look at the man utd home shirt and brazil shirt, and arsenal home shirt, same shirt differnt colour.)

I doubt more shirts will be sold by getting nike to make our shirts and if they were we would make NO extra money as big name companys will take more money.

In other words sit down, shut up and finish your prawn sandwich!

• Admin

Ever heard of Nikewatch , Richie?

I'm sure all the City fans, in line with the kick racism out of football campaign, would be proud to wear their Nike shirt, whilst sticking two fingers up at those in the third world.

You won't convince me that it makes any difference what the make of the shirt is, the fact that its a replica of the players shirts is why, it sells.

<br /> To be honest richie you really need to wake up and stop talking so much ####.

Id rather the club made the best possible money and i belive we do this with TFG. Nike football shirt are a discrase and so are adidas. Yes they ar echeeper but we will have the same design shirts as many many other clubs. People like nike and adidas produce 1 style shirt and just change the colour (look at the man utd home shirt and brazil shirt, and arsenal home shirt, same shirt differnt colour.)

I doubt more shirts will be sold by getting nike to make our shirts and if they were we would make NO extra money as big name companys will take more money.

In other words sit down, shut up and finish your prawn sandwich!

Think we have been here before EDR & we will never agree.

All I will say is that, while you may think I speak cr@p, I also believe like Taz, you have tunnel vision & should think more about the bigger picture than just yourself & the smaller majority.

Its views like yours that keeps BCFC & its merchandising ideas in the Division we belong.

Trust me, teams like Stoke, BAAADIFF etc have developed long term gains with the foresight of attracting new customers who had never been in the replica mode before. Ask yourself why?

To me, your comments are ill thought & very narrow minded, but I amsure you would buy a replica shirt whatever brand. :P

But I personally would like to see more replica shirts more polo/T/retro shirts being paraded around the City.

And to use Taz's terms, who gives a flying F------, if they are the same as Manure, Arsenal, Brasil etc. In fact it would be an honour to think we can replicate & stand side by side with such names.

TFG are no better than a Scottish 2nd Div brand.

Put yourselves up with Falkirk,Partick etc,

Know which I would rather be liken too? :(

Guest east_dundry_red

To me, your comments are ill thought & very narrow minded, but I amsure you would buy a replica shirt whatever brand. :P

But I personally would like to see more replica shirts more polo/T/retro shirts being paraded around the City.

And to use Taz's terms, who gives a flying F------, if they are the same as Manure, Arsenal, Brasil etc. In fact it would be an honour to think we can replicate & stand side by side with such names.

TFG are no better than a Scottish 2nd Div brand.

Put yourselves up with Falkirk,Partick etc,

Know which I would rather be liken too? :(

To be honest id rather we have a kit that is our own and not like any other club.

I do agree that i would like to see more polo shirts and retro shirts being shown around Bristol but if WE as fans push for these things they will come about.

To be honest within the next year now we have theincider.com shirts going about and the club now selling things like the tinnion t-shirts more and more WILL come about.

Ever heard of Nikewatch , Richie?

I'm sure all the City fans, in line with the kick racism out of football campaign, would be proud to wear their Nike shirt, whilst sticking two fingers up at those in the third world.

You won't convince me that it makes any difference what the make of the shirt is,  the fact that its a replica of the players shirts is why, it sells.

Nikewatch ? To use Taz's words again - who gives a flying F-------.!

My concern is getting the turnover & revenue in for BCFC.

I honestly believe we miss a big market in merchandising sales & whether it be Nike, Puma, Adidas, Diadora etc, it makes little difference.

We have to look at the real world & see that punters wear the likes of Nike etc on a day to day basis & do we really give a toss about the manufacture of the goods.

Its like the geezers who still cry 'anti Bush' things on the Centre. Get over it.

I worry about some of the TFG supporters, have they visited the sweat shops of Scotland? :( (attempt at humour)

• Admin

Don't get me wrong Richie, I'm no banner waving Liberal, but it does smack of hypocrisy for these clubs to clamp down on every non PC utterance by fans, but ignore the treatment of those 1000's of miles away.

I personally go out of my way to buy clothes without 'labels' as I begrudge paying extra to be a walking advertisement for some multi-million pound company.

Guest Dolman Moaner
Nikewatch ? To use Taz's words again - who gives a flying F-------.!

My concern is getting the turnover & revenue in for BCFC.

We have to look at the real world & see that punters wear the likes of Nike etc on a day to day basis & do we really give a toss about the manufacture of the goods.

I give a Flying F------!

What a blinkered and narrow minded attitude.

As long as we in the "developed" nations continue to openly support companies that keep people in absolute poverty eh !

Just think about your own little world Richie !!!

I say keep the manufacturing in the UK where possible and F------- the big American corporations.

I have to select suppliers in the far east within my job role and I only use

companies that treat their employees decently.

<br /> But there are many punters who would love to part of the replica / merchandising scene, but difficult as it maybe for some people to grasp, the 'branded' fashion market is the only route.

Richie Pray tell me when the hell did diadora become a big brand ? Fair enough if it was nike then mabye, but diadora, are you taking the ###### ?

It amkes no difference to us, nobody except city fans are going to buy city shirts.

If you asked someone wearing a WBA shirt why they bought it, which would be the likely response ?

a) because i'm a west brom fan.

or

B) because it's made by diadora so i had to buy it.

To be perfectly honest if you are fasion concious you ain't going to be wearing a football shirt anyway, it is not fasionable, mabye a versachi, Diesel, Piere Cardin, boss etc, they are fasionable football shirts are not.

Archived