IGNORED

Plymouth Fans - Are Sure Their Up!

richieb

Listening to the radio & reading some comments from the Pilgrim Fathers,it appears that they are convinced that promotion is in the bag.

Looking at the fixture list, we have one hell of a month in April & it would be an absolute dream if when we play them it push's them firmly back into the play-offs.

I have some rather cocky Greens customers at present & boy we have got to overhaul them come May. :(

I have some rather cocky Greens customers at present & boy we have got to overhaul them come May. :(

Interesting to see how they'd react to a few poor results. They're likely to be hard to shift, not least because they share the goals around - I've just looked on soccerbase and see that Evans, Friio, Capaldi, Keith and Wootton have all got half-a-dozen or more already. So they can probably survive a couple of injuries/suspensions.

Ian Holloway was on Talk Sport this afternoon and one of the presenters was a Plymouth fan.He was talking as if both QPR and Argyle were both already up.Fair play to Holloway who never once commented on who'll be going up come April.

He came over as a thoroughly decent bloke - which he is of course.

Ian Holloway was on Talk Sport this afternoon and one of the presenters was a Plymouth fan.He was talking as if both QPR and Argyle were both already up.Fair play to Holloway who never once commented on who'll be going up come April.

He came over as a thoroughly decent bloke - which he is of course.

Yep, heard Holloway & while he is a commited Gashead, you can't help but admire the guy.

Great Bristolian accent & cracking humour to boot.

The Girl & Taxi jibes are top drawer.

As for the presenter (Chris Cooper) fair play to him for always being behind Plymouth, but you are right he is just so convinced that Plymouth & QPR won't get caught.

Plymouth and QPR still have to play each other, and both still have to play City,Barnsley and all the other chasing teams. Too many points to be won or lost to even begin to think about who will finish where.

But, if Plymouth and QPR draw, and we beat them both and Brighton, Barnsley, Colchester, Wrexham, Whilst QPR and Plymouth fail to beat these teams but avoid defeat, and if...................... :(

They are 9 points clear of us, and we are barely half way through the season, if they hit a bad run then they will be caught. We have won our last 3 games, and we still have 14 games to go until we play another game against one of our main rivals, bar the colchester home game.

As long as we keep picking up the points, we need something from Notts county, as we never win there, a win would be good but i would take a draw, especially as they appear to have found some sembelance of form at the moment.

Plymouth fans may well think they are up but they aren't by any means they still have to play all their main rivals again, there is easily 9 points dropped there, and as long as we keep picking up points we can catch them.

I always think it is stupid to be that confident before it is either a certainty or as good as, it is tempting fate and has come back to bite far too many teams in the arse before.

Give me Holloway over Wilson everyday... not because he is a better manager or coach, but Holloways post match interviews are better then the game itself!

Wilson on the other hand are always the same "lads were terrific" (no matter if we win or lose). "fans are entitled to their opinion" (i.e they don't know what their talking about). "I think Lita should be on the bench" (heard the city fans calling for him, so had to prove I am a stubborn yorkshireman) etc, etc.....

We've *got* to beat Plymouth just to keep one of my colleagues quiet.

He's been quietly gloating for months now and that drop in form just isn't happening for Plymouth right now, despite it being forecast for some time.

He's a top bloke, but it would be nice to remove that smug glow he has...

Mind you, the QPR colleague is diplomatically saying nothing. Like most sane-minded people, he knows it's far too early to make predictions...

Archived