IGNORED

Don't Be Fooled By The Goals That I've Got..

greenun

Guest graham b

Richard Latham in asking the questions (bcfcworld) answered most of them for Danny himself. Protecting young players etc.

My belief is that most supporters are somewhat supportive of the two Lee's starting but are looking for Leroy to be given longer periods on the pitch to gain the necessary experience.

Leroy would then be more ready when the opportunity arises for his long awaited debut due to injury, suspension of loss of form of either of the Lee's.

Latham should have asked was why wasn't the opportunity taken of giving Leroy a thirty minute run out when Bournemouth were obviously both tired and already mentally defeated......

So please Richard lets ask the questions that the supporters would like answered.... and stop this annoying habit of answering your own questions.

What wrong with Wilsons explanation ?- seems pretty reasonable to me.

As for Bcfc World.The main reason that I don't subscribe anymore is because the interviews are bland and predictable.Thats not entirely down to the interviewers as their hands are pretty much tied when it comes to th questions they can ask.

No-one from the club is going to say anything contraversial in the public domain.

Personally I think Lita is in the right place in the strikers pecking order (behind Miller, Peacock and Roberts) and a place on the bench is all he can reasonably expect.

It would be nice for him to get longer on the pitch but it makes no difference if he is given 30 seconds or 30 minutes. He must try to make things happen.

If you want an example of a sub coming off the bench and making an imapact in the time given to him, cast your minds back to the Peterborough game. Fry-up sent on Kanu with about a minute or two of normal time left. What did he do? Did he skulk about the pitch bemoaning his lack of opportunity? Did he hell - he set up the Posh equaliser.

Football is very much a squad game now and players must accept that. Didn't hear Butler complaining when he got dropped, he just got on with trying to win a place back. Its funny that with all the furore about Lita no one has commented on the professional attitude of others who cant even get a place on the bench (Burnell, Bell, Fortune and Co).

Guest graham b
Personally I think Lita is in the right place in the strikers pecking order (behind Miller, Peacock and Roberts) and a place on the bench is all he can reasonably expect.

It would be nice for him to get longer on the pitch but it makes no difference if he is given 30 seconds or 30 minutes.  He must try to make things happen.

If you want an example of a sub coming off the bench and making an imapact in the time given to him, cast your minds back to the Peterborough game.  Fry-up sent on Kanu with about a minute or two of normal time left.  What did he do? Did he skulk about the pitch bemoaning his lack of opportunity?  Did he hell - he set up the Posh equaliser.

Football is very much a squad game now and players must accept that.  Didn't hear Butler complaining when he got dropped, he just got on with trying to win a place back.  Its funny that with all the furore about Lita no one has commented on the professional attitude of others who cant even get a place on the bench (Burnell, Bell, Fortune and Co).

<br />

Lets be fair on the lad here.

When has he skulked, when has he made any public statement of discontent, when has he acted in anyway other than truly professional. It wasn't at Brentford was it! Even in his fleeting appearance against Bournemouth he made a 30 yard run to be unmarked at the far post. Not the act of a skulking professional.

His record of some 30 sub appearances and 6 goals over the last two seasons without a place in the starting line up (LDV 1st round excepted) isn't the record of a skulker either. Indeed it must be almost unique.

All Leroy can do his bide his time until his chance comes along for a start. I'd say that he is currently fourth choice striker behind Peacock, Miller and Roberts.

However, taking into consideration Kev's injury setback, I can't see anybody else in the current squad capable of playing right midfield apart from Roberts. If that is the case, then Leroy has suddenly found himself third choice striker....

As mentioned in an above posting, he doesn't sulk, he just gets on with it. There are players that other clubs who could find themselves in Leroy's position, and kick up a fuss. Fair play to him.

When he does get his first league start though, he has to make sure that he is ready to make sure he keeps his place for the following game, and the game after that etc. We all know the best way for a striker to keep his place in the team is to score goals. When he is given a chance, then I think he will score them.

<br />

Lets be fair on the lad here.

When has he skulked, when has he made any public statement of discontent, when has he acted in anyway other than truly professional. It wasn't at Brentford was it!  Even in his fleeting appearance against Bournemouth he made a 30 yard run to be unmarked at the far post. Not the act of a skulking professional.

I never said in my post that Lita has skulked or even made any public statement of discontent. He doesn't have to when others are only too willing to do it on his behalf.

I think he is a talent and will prove to be a goalscorer for the club. What is best )(or worse) for the lad to be brought on gradually or thrust in to the first team with a lot of expectation riding on his back. Knowing how fickle a lot of City fans are how long would it be before they get on his back just like they have with others in the current sqauad.

Guest graham b
If you want an example of a sub coming off the bench and making an imapact in the time given to him, cast your minds back to the Peterborough game.  Fry-up sent on Kanu with about a minute or two of normal time left.  What did he do? Did he skulk about the pitch bemoaning his lack of opportunity?  Did he hell - he set up the Posh equaliser.

Football is very much a squad game now and players must accept that.  Didn't hear Butler complaining when he got dropped, he just got on with trying to win a place back.  Its funny that with all the furore about Lita no one has commented on the professional attitude of others who cant even get a place on the bench (Burnell, Bell, Fortune and Co).

Now in the context of this thread I would place these two paragraphs in the category of 'strong inference' of the accusation of Lita skulking and of not showing a professional attitude.

If they are not then why write them?

<br />

Now in the context of this thread I would place these two paragraphs in the category of 'strong inference' of the accusation of Lita skulking and of not showing a professional attitude.

If they are not then why write them?

The first paragraph to illustrate that contrary to what a lot of people think a substitute can turn a game in a short space of time, as Kanu did. He came on and was the difference between Peterborough losing and getting a point.

The second to make the point that although some people are assuming that Lita is fed up with the role that he is asked to play there are other players who cannot even get on the bench. However, as far as I'm aware no one has even given them a second thought.

I am not anti-Lita but some people are talking him up into being the answer to all of our prayers. From what I have seen of him he has a long way to go to yet.

There is a world of difference between scoring for fun in the Ressies and Academy and the first team. He is still learning and his time will surely come but maybe not just yet.

Guest billybob

Hmm. More like DW having to justify a place for Miller who looks an expensive mistake. A hard worker, no question, but lacks finishing quality. Lita must have been brimming with confidence, but like Rosenior, he will only take so many knockbacks.

Anyway cheer up, an excellent Christmas set of results. This year we will do it automatically- does anyone really believe that QPR and Plymouth are better all round sides than BCFC??

Happy New Year

Hmm. More like DW having to justify a place for Miller who looks an expensive mistake. A hard worker, no question, but lacks finishing quality. Lita  must have been brimming with confidence, but like Rosenior, he will only take so many knockbacks.

Anyway cheer up, an excellent Christmas set of results. This year we will do it automatically- does anyone really believe that QPR and Plymouth are better all round sides than BCFC??

Happy New Year

Miller looks a good player to me. Strangely enough I think he looks better when he's not alongside Peacock!

Guest Bootylicious
Miller looks a good player to me. Strangely enough I think he looks better when he's not alongside Peacock!

Ditto, RRH.

I'd still like to see a partnership of LM + LL, even if it is just for the last 10 minutes of a game.

BUT

Peacock seems to have found his scoring boots again and, for now, DW is right to leave Leroy on the bench. His time will come. I just hope its not too late.....

Archived