IGNORED

Goodfellow Intresting Read Fans Point Of View

Guest zider_head

This really is make or break season for Marc, he has proved himself to be a useful substitute with his pace but doesn't really score the goals that he does at reserve team level.

Do we really need some other teams "useful sub"?

Heres an extract from a posting on the netcentre from a sjoke fan

Pros are he's very, very quick with good feet and can score goals as he showed against Manchester United and in our reserves for a long time, there is ability there. Cons = needs to be far more aggressive, what for a bit more muscle on him, ask on our board and one of the biggest moans about Freezer is one rough tackle on him from a big defender and he'll go missing from matches.

He's rarely played in Division One although general opinion on the few games he has is that he'd struggle anyway. Far better for him to go down to a lower Division and build himself a solid reputation based on first team football, something he won't get in our reserves where he isn't / hasn't made any progress for a number of seasons now.

all about opinions i suppose, anyone remeber what george graham thought of andy cole?

Do we really need some other teams "useful sub"?

Up until the season and a half, before this one, this quote could have described Scott Murray!

Up until then, SM didn't score that many, was very quick, couldn't cross well and, let's face it, was never "Mr Crunching Tackle," now was he!!

Also we didn't know whether he was a winger, right midfielder or wing back!

On the sub bit, it depends on the club and if you look at Stokes four main strikers, they're either much or slightly better than ours.

If we do gain promotion, I can't see any of our current crop setting Div 1 alight and, without 3/4 class additions, I'd honestly back us to struggle.

Cons = needs to be far more aggressive, what for a bit more muscle on him, ask on our board and one of the biggest moans about Freezer is one rough tackle on him from a big defender and he'll go missing from matches.

O dear. Just the player we dont need!

But, who knows, as said by BB, could be a new scott murray

Anyway, FOR HES A JOLLY GOODFELLOW :P

Opinions seem quite mixed on the rivals site. Some think that he's useless and that £150k is good business on Stokes part.

Others think that with a better coaching system he will become a better player. The general opinion of "Freezer" is that DW will probably see him as a direct replacement for Scott Murray.

He actually plays on EITHER FLANK or up-front.

I saw him v Manure and he played on the right!!

He is also two footed.

However, the consensus on the Stoke Rivals site is that they would snap our hands off at £50k let alone £150k. I hope we back-off now otherwise every Chairman in the country will see us as a soft touch when negotiating for any player. Suddenly players clubs just wanted off their books will be quoted to us at £100k plus.

150000 for a reserve player is absoloutley crazy money, it wouldn't be half as bad if he was a proven player in the 1st division but he's not, i don't see the logic at all when you consider Sunderland have got Cureton on trial with the possibilty of signing him for less, and he is someone who has an amazing scoring record something like 55 goals in 90 games for Reading, i know there different players but i know which one i would pay £150000 for.

Guest Harchesterx1

My sister msn convo with a stoke fan-

Ade Akinbiyi fever! says:

what do u no bout goodfellow?

What do you want now you stupid slag says:

nothing ah yer thats right your a stoke fan is he any good?

is he worth 150,000 grand

Hmm, yeah that's really funny Tarquin. is that how much u bidded 4 him?

apparently

Is he ######

Hmm, yeah that's really funny Tarquin.

is he anygood at all?

No! Serious. I c only DW only seen him reserves then?

And then hes ######e!

nah apparently he has scored a feww of the bench this is a ###### take we want someone experianced

not some 21 year old who cant score

To b honest, hopefully hes goes. He does nothin wotsoeva!

Hmm, yeah that's really funny Tarquin. of what i have seen of him in reserves hes been ****. Even against youth! He runs away from the ball,doesnt tackle, may score a goal if he aint tackled but unlikely hey

its hard to make out but hey-

dosent sound good does it

The comments on the rivals site seemed generally favourable, the MSN conversation was the opinion of one person. As you could find one person to say something detrimental about any of our players, I think I will go with the 1st source.

Archived