IGNORED

Marvin Brown?

Guest west ham fan

Guest BCFC Matt
what as happened to marvin brown he is out of contract at the end of the season

Well he apparently was part of DW's plans a couple of seasons back but w have rarely seen him in the first team-its a shame.

He started against wycombe a couple of years back and done well and was subbed and i think thats the only real chance hes had.

I'd still like to hope that he might have a chance of breaking into the first team but i dont se it happening.

Guest Harchesterx1

Its a shame he hasent had many sub apparances but Danny int going to try anyone who dosent make a big impact from day one. Wasent he rated in the top 20 most promsing players in 1999 on the sky website or somthing.

Let's face it, if you're in City's reserves it means nothing to Wilson. He's never there watching, I've seen Grey Rayson watching City reservers more than Wilson.

A few years ago a certain Paul Mortimer was at this club, but Wilson had never seen or heard of him.

What I'm trying to say is that Wilson doesn't see the whole picture at this club, he has his favourites and he is not the man to encourage the youth here.

Guest Harchesterx1

Yes thats right willson does have his faves he pefferd Brunell to Tinnion at the start of the season, clist wont get back in even though he had a short run and a couple of bench apparnces. So did Hulbert, Darren Jones is another he is a good center back but where is he now on loan at Forest Green.

I think Marvin certainly had the talent to make a decent career from football but whether we made him into what he has become goodness knows.

It's no secret that the club can't produce a decent striker from the academy, Lita is probably the only one who has stood out but i think we got him from another club, did the City coaches know how to handle a bright England youth striker properly?, did the club handle him properly?, can't remember his name but someone went public and announced Marvin would be Bristols first 5million pound player.

Has Marvin been given a fair chance in his strikers role for the club?, i remember when you did get to see him in the first team he was played out on the wing, was he frustrated by his lack of first team involvement?, it must be frustrating as hell when you are constantly being overlooked regardless of how well you are playing (Lita take note).

In my opinion Marvin Brown should have been the biggest thing to come from the City academy bar none, he was regarded as one of the best England youth players at the time hence his call ups for the squad, i think this club has failed him badly, they handled him extremely poorly through the media, he certainly had the ability to be a great striker but i don't think they coached him hard enough for him to develop any further.

or it might be the fact that when Marvin has had a chance, he has made little or no impact

Well one start, one performance which was above and beyond anyhting we had on the pitch that day. Willson in his infinate wisdom took him off and it was no surprise after that we were a toothless rabit and lost the game.

He had one chance, was the best player on the park, got subbed and was never seen again except on the right wing.

Guest BCFC Matt
did the club handle him properly?, can't remember his name but someone went public and announced Marvin would be Bristols first 5million pound player.

<br /> The names Dave Burnside - our former Academy Director who had previous experience with the England set-up.

Burnside must have seen some good kids in his time with England, so he must have had high hopes for Marvin Brown becoming a fine player, it really is a shame that City are not looking at their first 5 million pound player, but we will never know what happened to a kid that apparently had so much to look forward to in the game.

<br /> Yes we will.

His attitude.

Is that a fact??????

Or is that something someone heard on the grapevine, you know this forum is notoriously bad for unfouded rumourmongering, my dads best mate sort of thing so how do you know, just curious that's all.

<br /> Is that a fact??????

Or is that something someone heard on the grapevine, you know this forum is notoriously bad for unfouded rumourmongering, my dads best mate sort of thing so how do you know, just curious that's all.

It is certainly my perception that Marvin has failed himself in fulfilling his potential (as had his brother Aaron until recent performances maybe...).

I have never seen him shine on the pitch at all and he certainly never impressed at Cheltenham. Some people just don't work hard enough to make the most of what they have.

But ask yourself honestly, was he given a fair crack at playing for City in his natural position of striker, when he did play he was stuck out wide, now I'm sure if you stuck Ruud Van Niistelroy at centre half he wouldn't be the same player.

But Ruud Van Nistelrooy would have impressed enough in reserves and in training to be given one of the striking spots. Marvin evidentally hasn't.

Marvin also began his loan spell with Cheltenham up front, failed to impress and was then tried on the right hand side. Again, he failed to impress there.

I think that on the two occasions that he was played up front he score in one game, we were told Rosenior was a forward but now plays in his preferred role of right back, Wilkshire was apparently a right midfielder but we know that he isn't, he still hasn't figured out where Roberts can play best, can you trust Wilson in his judgement.

Lita has impressed in the reserves and scores goals galore, but he can't even buy a start from Wilson, do we wait until someone like Peacock walks away at the end of the season for free before we give this kid his chance, Brown for me should not have ended up on the s####heap, he should have been the next big thing to come from our academy, obviously our coaching is failing the young stikers at this club as we have not produced ONE decent player from it yet, Lita is not the product of our academy.

obviously our coaching is failing the young stikers at this club as we have not produced ONE decent player from it yet, Lita is not the product of our academy.

Marvin Brown hasn't made the progress predicted by Dave Burnside and can't seem to get even a loan deal this season so it isn't just DW who doesn't see him as the answer. He does OKish for the rezzies without pulling up any trees and I think maybe he's just a bit too lightweight to impose himself.

Leroy Lita is in his third year as a full-time scholar at City's academy after being snapped-up in a trial game at much the same stage as the Shooting Star process currently ongoing. Well spotted!

Surely we should regard his acquisition and progress as a feather in the cap of the academy? Or are you going to lecture Alan Walsh, one of the best goalscorers in City history, on how to coach strikers?

Guest Harry May

The worse thing that could have happened to Marvin was when Burnside said he would be worth £5 million one day. That is alot of expectation to carry for such a young man.

One point I would like to add is this . Just because a youngster is a good player at the age of 15 or 16 does n't mean that he will be a good player at the age of 22 or 23 . I believe different players peak at different ages. Just because a player has potential , does n't mean he will fullfil that potential.

Remember Nyrere Kelly ? Probably not . He was the youngest player to play for City before Marvin made his debut. He played 7 games for us in total . He ended up at Racing Club Warwick.

Caldicot Red.

Guest Spunkwood

Remember Nyrere Kelly ? Probably not . He was the youngest player to play for City before Marvin made his debut. He played 7 games for us in total . He ended up at Racing Club Warwick.

:wacko: Ive alwayz wanted to know about this player can someone please tell me :blink: about him thank u

Archived