IGNORED

My Thoughts On Our Team

Guest Aussiedoyle

Guest Aussiedoyle

Following Bristol City as closely as I can from afar, I would like to give my view of things as I see it.

It is clear to me that our defence is good enough to win promotion to the first division, that is any combination from, Phillips in goal, Carey, Butler, Coles, Hill, Woodman. 19 goals conceeded in 24 games speaks for itself.

Midfield we are nearly there, our best combination at the moment seems to be,

Roberts, Wiltshire, Tinman, Arron Brown. My problem with this foursome is Arron Brown, although a fantastic player on occasions, he is nowhere near consistant enough to get us promoted, therefore I feel we need to replace him . If we can manage to secure the services of an attacking left sided player who can cross a ball and score a few goals on a more consistant basis plus add to that Tommy Doherty and Simom Clist I feel our midfield would be good enough to get us to the first division.

Our biggest problem however is the forward line.

I would like to start with peacock, since his arrival from Manchester City he has never quite lived up to expectations,and certainly not scored enough goals per season. We must replace him with a more consistant and reliable goal scorer.

Mathews unfortunately is injury prone and never seems to be quite fit enough to last 90 miniutes of fooball therefore he has to go.

Lita however sounds like a wounderful prospect and in the not to distant future will secure himself a more regular spot in the first team.

Miller looks like he is going to be a very good signing and before to long will replace peacock.

If we are to gain promotion to the first division and stay there we need a partner for Miller up front . This is a priority.

So all in all I dont think there is a lot wrong bearing in mind that we also have Bell, Burnell, Fortune and Amankwah, all capable of doing a good job if required.

COME ON YOU REDS

Its quite correct that City are strong in defence and in midfield.Wilson himself realises that City's weakness lies up front.He said as much by pointing out that City had lost Thorpe and Murray within the last two seasons which means a loss of a goal threat of around 50 goals between them.

What has suprised me and others is that apart from press releases stating interest in strikers Cureton and Robins,not much seems to be happening to correct the situation.Goodfellow is a right winger not a goalscorer so he's not likely to be the answer.

Wilson also refuses to start the only player who looks capable of filling the void - Lita.

Both Plymouth (52) and QPR (45) Have far better goals scored tallies than City(31).Its only City impressive goals conceded tally that off sets that a little.

City definately need a goalpoacher.

Archived