IGNORED

No Class

Guest Harry May

Guest Harry May

The saddest thing about the whole day was n't the fact that City played poorly in the second half. It was n't the fact that our wunder kid missed a couple of sitters. It was n't the fact that our "supporters" seen fit to boo off a young City team .

No , it was the fact that elderly gentlemen ( in their 60s/70s and possibly 80s ) who served our club so well, had their annual reunion today at the Gate.They were then seated in the front rows of the Family Enclosue. Seats that are hardly ever filled and totally exposed to the elements. These old boys were freezing their brass monkeys off.

Today was never going to be a sell-out. There was loads of empty seats in the Williams. They could have been seated there.

I am not stupid enough not to know , that football is all about money.But without showing respect to the past , we lose our history , tradition and Pride.

Would it have hurt our finances that much to give some old City players tickets in the Williams Stand ?

Caldicot Red.

The saddest thing about the whole day was n't the fact that City played poorly in the second half. It was n't the fact that our wunder kid missed a couple of sitters. It was n't the fact that our "supporters" seen fit to boo off a young City team .

No , it was the fact that elderly gentlemen ( in their 60s/70s and possibly 80s ) who served our club so well, had their annual reunion today at the Gate.They were then seated in the front rows of the Family Enclosue. Seats that are hardly ever filled and totally exposed to the elements. These old boys were freezing their brass monkeys off.

Today was never going to be a sell-out. There was loads of empty seats in the Williams. They could have been seated there.

I am not stupid enough not to know , that football is all about money.But without showing respect to the past , we lose our history , tradition and Pride.

Would it have hurt our finances that much to give some old City players tickets in the Williams Stand ?

Caldicot Red.

I think you will find that Williams tickets are exactly the same as for the Dolman /GWR.

I have never booed players. A manager yes but NEVER the players.

I have booed this season and it has been aimed solely at the management team.

Tinnion OUT

I have never booed players. A manager yes but NEVER the players.

I have booed this season and it has been aimed solely at the management team.

Tinnion OUT

But come on, how would anybody on the pitch, or in the stands, know who you were booing at. It doesn't matter, because the players will automatically assume it is aimed at them.

Guest buanryoh
But come on, how would anybody on the pitch, or in the stands, know who you were booing at. It doesn't matter, because the players will automatically assume it is aimed at them.

Haha I know you werent making a joke but it gave me a chuckle. Perhaps he has developed some kind of superior booing system and can focus directly on the people who he feels have wronged him.

Booing the management is going to affect the players more than the management.

Well said Harry;finding it harder and harder to make the effort myself now.It is all about money.Those old boys should of been in the platinium seating at least.

The old days have gone East End and all,seems the gate is going to be an "entertainment centre" with about as much atmosphere.

Moaning and groaning about everything and anything is the norm now and money seems to be the only thing that matters.

I have been a fan for 35 years plus now but maybe the £1000 a year at least I spend on this business would do better elsewhere.

Maybe I`ll get over it but losing interest fast

players will automatically assume it is aimed at them.

Not necessarily. The players know who is at fault this season and it has not been them and they know it.

Guest Old Dazzler

I would argue that the seats that they were allocated are the best in the stadium (unless it rains, which it didn't). The seats are comfortable with loads of leg room and the view of the pitch is outstanding. You also find that due to it being a family enclosure, the language is less offensive and probably more appropriate for an ex player to take his family/friends.

I was sat behind Colin Hall's party, and couldn't help hearing good comments about the view. And the re-union was in the Dolman Exhibition Hall, which meant that they didn't have to traipse all the way around the stadium to find cramped seats with pillars in the way.

Guest city slicker 71

Caldicot Red.

A very good if not sad post, Mike Threshers' reluctance to have anything to do with todays game is enough to tell you, and you don't need too many shovels to dig in order to find out why.

Regards,

City Slicker71

A very good if not sad post, Mike Threshers' reluctance to have anything to do with todays game is enough to tell you, and you don't need too many shovels to dig in order to find out why.

Are we to assume you are trying to be funny here? Well you are not - why not delete it while you have the chance?

Nick, as a social worker with older people, perhaps the answer may be one of practicality? Older gentlemen can on occasion struggle to manage stairs. Perhaps the club's view was that they should be offered more accessible seats?

Scooter Red

Guest city slicker 71
Are we to assume you are trying to be funny here?  Well you are not - why not delete it while you have the chance?

You can assume what you like, I personally do not find anything bordering on humour. The response was to concur with the original post and of the greed-based game this has become. Of course you may not agree with this that's your priviledge but since when do you stand in judgement. Delete? Seems you spend to much time behind a PC and less to what's going on around you.

Sincerely,

City Slicker 71

Guest city slicker 71

My above post should have read the late Mike Thresher who I had the pleasure to see on many occasions, if that was what you were referring to then why not state it. An error on my part which is hurtful to myself in that that was an era that I enjoyed more than any other of Bristol City needless to say this lot now mean very little hence the remainder of the post.

Sincerely,

City Slicker 71

Guest city slicker 71

My above post should have read the late Mike Thresher who I had the pleasure to see on many occasions, if that was what you were referring to then why not state it. An error on my part which is hurtful to myself in that that was an era that I enjoyed more than any other of Bristol City needless to say this lot now mean very little hence the remainder of the post.

Sincerely,

City Slicker 71

My above post should have read the late Mike Thresher who I had the pleasure to see on many occasions, if that was what you were referring to then why not state it.  An error on my part which is hurtful to myself in that that was an era that I enjoyed more than any other of Bristol City needless to say this lot now mean very little hence the remainder of the post.

Sincerely,

City Slicker 71

Well said. I too admired Mike Thresher and his never say die, defend to the end attitude.Even our poor left winger Boxley, called a "pie can" [?] by the old timers tried his very best every game.

Well said. I too admired Mike Thresher and his never say die, defend to the end attitude.Even our poor left winger Boxley, called a "pie can" [?] by the old timers tried his very best every game.

I think that the phrase was "pike hand" rather than "pie can".

Scooter Red

Archived