IGNORED

Mass Clearout Required

Tunley Legend

I think the events of this season have shown that a mass clearout is required. Whether Tinnion stays or not, there are players in this club who think they have the right to NOT GIVE 100% because they don't like the way things are being run. And there are other players who are simply getting older and are not as good as they were. Even if Tinnion goes, any new manager would look at this and surely bring his own players/staff in.

My list is as follows:- (assuming we can easily get rid)

Dinning

Coles

Possibly Doherty - maybe give him a final chance to sort his head out

Possibly Bell - if we can get a decent left back

Murray

Goodfellow

The entire coaching staff

Any thoughts?

Dinning

Coles

Murray

Goodfellow

Any thoughts?

I'd keep Doherty and Goodfellow as i'm sure a decent manager could get a lot more out of them, not sure about Coles, I've really gone off him as a player and his general attitude has been poor this season.

I'd definately try to rid of the other 3 and I would add Smiths name to the list too

Dinning - there must be a charity somewhere

Coles - Potentially a class defender, but doesn't he just know it? Abysmal discipline means I'll be glad to see the back of him.

Possibly Doherty - maybe give him a final chance to sort his head out - Carries his own yellow card to save referees the trouble. As above with Coles. Worse still his fitness is appalling. Knowing he could have been a City legend brings tears to my eyes.

Possibly Bell - if we can get a decent left back - A patient trier whose now trying my patience. Too old and unfit. Bring in Scott Golbourne now.

Murray - A great club player who always gives 100%. It's a great pity his form hasn't kept pace with him. Cheerio again Scott, it's been emotional. And yes I was being genuine.

Goodfellow - A left-footed winger who's played 99% of his matches ON THE RIGHT-WING. Great utility player who deserves a chance; keep him.

The entire coaching staff - Spot on Sir!

Any thoughts?

"Possibly Bell", Christ, how many more years are you suggesting we keep him?

He wasn't worth a contract last summer and only gets a game now because Tinnion has got rid of virtually all our other left footed defenders.

The place to start with the clearout is Tinnion, Millen, Taylor, Walsh and Fawthrop.

The place to start with the clearout is Tinnion, Millen, Taylor, Walsh and Fawthrop.

Yeh, but these guys were coaching under Wilson and we finish 3rd, its purly man management and motivation from the managers guidance. Tinman will get it right, look where Luton and Sheff Wed finished last year, and see where they are this year.

Do you really think that they had much input to the Wilson/Barlow regime?

Sheffield Wednesday are moving up because they sacked their manager in October and appointed Paul Sturrock, no other reason.

Sorry to repeat myself, I thought this belonged in this thread as well. Having read the posts I think the title is misleading. The suggestion is "MASS" clearout and the list doesn't. But I would be loath to rid our squad of some of these players for the reasons outlined below.

These players are as talented as they were before, but lack of confidence shows in different ways. A lack of determination can set in and it looks really bad.

Get a decent man management team and within weeks you will see a different approach and outcome from the squad, I have seen it before and we will see it again.

Guest Geesus the City fan

Yet again Scotty gets the finger from the 'fans'. Its almost as though you lot have never watched a winger before!

ureds

Yet again Scotty gets the finger from the 'fans'. Its almost as though you lot have never watched a winger before!

ureds

Hes done sod all this season. Hes not alone, but he is one of the worst this season.

Guest Geesus the City fan

He has struggled for form theres no doubting that!

Wingers are notorouis for inconsistancy, only the big cash earners can do it week in week out, season after season.

Scotty had a magnificent season scoring for fun, this season hes scored 7 in 35 apps (a goal every 5 games) & tore Everton apart supplying both goals whilst by his own admission is struggling for form. Not that bad actually IMO.

I'd say the weight of expectation, the total upheavall of the playing staff, & the poor contributions from other team members is not assisting.

The rave reviews Cotterill has recieved have made me smile. His contribution, admittedly out of position & still a child, has been little more than an out of form scotty has produced. The boo boys need to watch harder IMO

ureds

Tinman will get it right, look where Luton and Sheff Wed finished last year, and see where they are this year.

Yeah, if we just close our eyes and stick our heads under the duvet, all the nasty stuff will go away and we'll be top of the table next season.

Look where Bristol City finished last year, and see where they are this year.

Guest DrFaustus
I think the events of this season have shown that a mass clearout is required.

You need more fibre in your diet my friend.

I'd keep Doherty and Goodfellow as i'm sure a decent manager could get a lot more out of them, not sure about Coles, I've really gone off him as a player and his general attitude has been poor this season.

I'd definately try to rid of the other 3 and I would add Smiths name to the list too

Yes.

Get rid of Coles with immidiate effect, hes a tos5er

Murry (past it, big time)

Doc (attitude problem)

Phillips (got it easy)

Bell (was never any good)

Goodyear (who)

Fortune (who)

Amankwah (whats the point in this player?)

Yeh, but these guys were coaching under Wilson and we finish 3rd, its purly man management and motivation from the managers guidance. Tinman will get it right, look where Luton and Sheff Wed finished last year, and see where they are this year.

dunno.gif As far as i can remember Sheffield Wednesday sacked there manager and got in a experienced manager in Sturrock and Luton sufferd terrible injury problems last year.Sorry to say it but it has to be down to Tinnion or a more sinister view would be player power city.gif

Guest GeordieDazza
I think the events of this season have shown that a mass clearout is required. Whether Tinnion stays or not, there are players in this club who think they have the right to NOT GIVE 100% because they don't like the way things are being run. And there are other players who are simply getting older and are not as good as they were. Even if Tinnion goes, any new manager would look at this and surely bring his own players/staff in.

Dinning

Coles

Murray

Goodfellow

Any thoughts?

Hi all Yeovil fan here.

If you want a clearout, I am sure we could help by taking both Amankwaah and Goodfellow off your hands.

Totally agree

Wilst I believe Tinman has many faults currently as a manager, I do beleive we can trust hime judgement to do the best for BCFC as he has shown us long term commitment.

So with a him or us cenario a clear out of the rebelling senior pro's and players who agetting past it is required.

Players too go

Dinning

Smith

Coles

Murray

Bell

Doc - given chance to prove himself

Then Tinman start to build a new regime of fitness and dicepline sadly lacking

Hi all Yeovil fan here.

If you want a clearout, I am sure we could help by taking both Amankwaah and Goodfellow off your hands.

Has Manky been doing well at your place then? why doesn't that surprise me?!

we'll swap 'em both for Gary Johnson!

Guest Hodges17

That whinging cockney would do a great job at City. It is also the only way I could hate Gary Johnson more.

That whinging cockney would do a great job at City. It is also the only way I could hate Gary Johnson more.

I don't think we'd ever get him though it would be too good to be true. By the way are you lot calling for your managers head aswell? he seems worse than ours to be honest.

Guest Hodges17

Some of our lot want Atkins to go, yeah. He talks cr@p but is doing an honest job. Many of those who want him out expect Promotion in his first season as if it's a reasonable requirement.

Bristol football, eh?

Guest GeordieDazza
Has Manky been doing well at your place then? why doesn't that surprise me?!

we'll swap 'em both for Gary Johnson!

Aye, Kev has been bloody brilliant for us as a centre back, not a right back. And as for the Sir Gary comment, we were getting on so well until then!

Guest GeordieDazza
Some of our lot want Atkins to go, yeah. He talks cr@p but is doing an honest job. Many of those who want him out expect Promotion in his first season as if it's a reasonable requirement.

Bristol football, eh?

He does talk crap but an honest job? Honest? Fruitcake honest? Come on now Hodges, please tell the truth here. You and I have clashed before but please say you know he is anything but honest. He lies through his teeth, ignoring facts to make himself look better! Recent example before the first leg of the LDV area final against Southend:

"I have never lost a two legged tie..."

Oh really Fruitcake? So the hammering Carlisle got against Grimsby in the League Cup in the late nineties over two legs doesn't count then? I could go on but really cant be arsed!

Guest GeordieDazza

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Guest Hodges17
He does talk crap but an honest job?  Honest?  Fruitcake honest?  Come on now Hodges, please tell the truth here.  You and I have clashed before but please say you know he is anything but honest.  He lies through his teeth, ignoring facts to make himself look better!  Recent example before the first leg of the LDV area final against Southend:

"I have never lost a two legged tie..."

Oh really Fruitcake?  So the hammering Carlisle got against Grimsby in the League Cup in the late nineties over two legs doesn't count then?  I could go on but really cant be arsed!

Maybe the word 'honest' was not the best word I could use. 'OK' is better, despite some stuff you hear from the morgue that is brfcforum.co.uk

Archived