Peterborough United

Swindon Town

Huddersfield Town

Yeovil Town

Aberdeen

Bristol City

By Simon Fudge

EXCLUSIVE

Stoke City director of football John Rudge has told skysports.com that a number of clubs are interested in transfer-listed striker Chris Iwelumo.

The Scottish hit-man is keen to move on from The Brittania Stadium during this month's transfer window after falling well down the pecking order in the striking department.

Iwelumo is one of six strikers on the books with The Potters - with Ade Akinbiyi, Gifton Noel-Williams, Carl Asaba, Chris Greenacre and Marc Goodfellow all available for possible selection by Potters boss Tony Pulis.

Rudge confirmed reports that Scottish Premier League side Aberdeen are interested in bringing the 25-year-old to Pittodrie but stressed that The Dons are one of six clubs to have made enquiries about Iwelumo.

"They've (Aberdeen) contacted us about him but there are five clubs in England that are interested in Chris as well," Rudge told skysports.com.

"Barnsley, Peterborough, Yeovil, Swindon and Huddersfield have all contacted us so far.

"Chris has been frustrated not getting a game here, so we've decided to allow him the chance to find somewhere else to play."

Rudge also revealed that Second Division club Bristol City remain interested in signing fellow attacker Goodfellow.

The Potters have rejected the Ashton Gate club's latest bid for the 22-year-old and Rudge made it clear that no deal had been reached so far for the player.

"They're still after him but we haven't reached a deal, as yet," Rudge revealed.

As per usual I expect Stoke, like most clubs are milking us for all the money we have got in the coffers.

Peacock and Thorpe's transfers spring to mind.

£100k would be a reasonable figure for Goodfellow I reckon.

Expecting the £350k transfer to go through on Friday then. :wacko:

Stoke obviously don't believe it is a final offer, I for one hope it was and we move on. Apparently we have also made an offer for McSheffery but Coventry have a few injuries and need him to cover at the moment.

Let's look at one or two loans to cover the right wing spot and Wilkshire;s absence and keep the money for a rainy day.

Oh, Joy, yet another over paid over-rated waster a la Judas, Peacock etc, will Wonder-son ever learn???

McSheffrey, and Cureton would be better for City, but then what do I know, only having followed City for 20 odd years, Wonder-son???

Jeez!!!

McSheffrey, and Cureton would be better for City, but then what do I know, only having followed City for 20 odd years, Wonder-son???

Jeez!!!

How does following City for 20 years make you more qualified than DW as a football manager? I've been shopping in Woolies for 30 years but I wouldn't claim to know how to run them any better than the current managers!

Jeez

C

If Stoke can't make their mind up then sod 'em. If Goodfellow was that good he would be in the Stoke first team - he's not.

I'm sure that there are far better options out there if we look hard enough. If this projected fee of £150k is what we have offered Stoke, then something is seriously wrong.

As for "the other targets", let's hope that they're not expensive journeymen and/or another Craig Fagan.

Cheese,

It qualifies me to comment on what Wonder-son does with he club I love!!

Yet another unproven player at a club full of youngsters, who are badly in need of an old head to steady, and improve their awareness and skills.

Dont you get sick of the less than inspiring signings here?? For every good one there are two or three somewhat less capable ones, this guy is starting to resemble Clueless, with these new faces..and their less than impressive performances. No I dont mean Miller, and Wilkshire either-Peacock, Butler, Matthews to name but 3..........and this Nigerian now on trial?

The way to go is up, not stagnate or go backwards, as we are doing currently

Cheese,

It qualifies me to comment on what Wonder-son does with he club I love!!

Yet another unproven player at a club full of youngsters, who are badly in need of an old head to steady, and improve their awareness and skills.

Dont you get sick of the less than inspiring signings here?? For every good one there are two or three somewhat less capable ones, this guy is starting to resemble Clueless, with these new faces..and their less than impressive performances. No I dont mean Miller, and Wilkshire either-Peacock, Butler, Matthews to name but 3..........and this Nigerian now on trial?

The way to go is up, not stagnate or go backwards, as we are doing currently

Have to disagree on a couple of your comments about signings.

When Peacock joined us £600k was nothing for a striker and he did very well at first. Some are getting on his back now because there is competition and we scored 4 at Brighton without him. He is still a decent striker for the 2nd Division and would get into most sides. I don't like the fact that as a big man he does not like to play the target man role and other little things can be annoying, but, come on, he aint that bad.

Butler was a rock when he came here last season and FREE, he has had a dip in form, most players do. I believe that Coles in particular and Hill have learnt a heck of a lot from him.

Matthews, well, ok, waster, etc. Was he injury prone before he came? Probably not. When fit he would be our best finisher, he is not and fit appears not to care, but are we second guessing? We do not really know what his real injury problems are. It takes some time and quite a few games for any player to come back from a long injury lay-off.

Stoke obviously don't believe it is a final offer, I for one hope it was and we move on. Apparently we have also made an offer for McSheffery but Coventry have a few injuries and need him to cover at the moment.

Let's look at one or two loans to cover the right wing spot and Wilkshire;s absence and keep the money for a rainy day.

Looks as if McSheffrey wants to stay put (for now)

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/articl...=179903&cpid=10

Archived