IGNORED

Safe This Season

Guest Friendly fire

Guest Friendly fire

Just thought I'd cheer you up ready for the weekend and let you know that our short term future has been saved.

Michael Issacs has ploughed in £1 million, no interest payable, for the seasons wages.

We will still have to sell players in the summer to cut our debt and monthly wage,and our long term future is by no means secure but you can breathe easy for now

At least we can get decent value for the players instead of the pennies we might of had to accept if not for this money. tongue.gif

Guest WillsbridgeRed

It actually means there's no players to be sold for the next 3 games.

You're no where near safe and will be in league 1 next season.

Also if Cardiff do go bust they can not re-form like City did in 82 and would have to play in the Welsh leagues

Guest Friendly fire
It actually means there's no players to be sold for the next 3 games.

You're no where near safe and will be in league 1 next season.

Also if Cardiff do go bust they can not re-form like City did in 82 and would have to play in the Welsh leagues

I'm afraid we are safe for the season, you see each ,month we are £250k short in covering wages. therefore £1million will cover 4 months shortfall.

And as the season has only 2 months to run and 3 till transfer window opens we are ok for this season.

Relegation for this season may happen, but only because the sqaud isn't good enough as it is not because we sell anyone and are forced to play a weakened team.

Guest Friendly fire

oh yeah and when did I state anything about the bust and reform scenario?

I didn't state we are safe for ever just for the time being

Just thought I'd cheer you up ready for the weekend and let you know that our short term future has been saved.

Michael Issacs has ploughed in £1 million, no interest payable, for the seasons wages.

We will still have to sell players in the summer to cut our debt and monthly wage,and our long term future is by no means secure but you can breathe easy for now

At least we can get decent value for the players instead of the pennies we might of had to accept if not for this money. tongue.gif

So you've got yourselves another £1m in debt in order to pay the over inflated wages of your under performing players?

Guest Friendly fire
So you've got yourselves another £1m in debt in order to pay the over inflated wages of your under performing players?

Yep, but at least it gets us to the transfer window, where we can make more money from a few players like Collins, Gabbidon, macanuff and Jerome.

Then we can hopefully look forward to the stadium finally started and our debt being more of an annoyance than an issue.

But then I don't believe a word Sham says, so for all I know th estadium may already have been cancelled.

Guest WillsbridgeRed

The stadium has a £16 million shortfall and the building contractors look like they don't want to touch the project now!

The only way that shortfall would me made up would be from the local authority as private investment seems VERY unlikely.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but werent the City council less than willing in this venture?

Guest Friendly fire

I will indeed correct you, the council are all for it, they see it as a good thing for Cardiff and Wales.

The reason for the delay is,the developers are putting money in themselves,they don't want to give a definate start date until 60% of the retail sites have been sold(50% so far).

Who cares? You'll go bust eventually and soon be playing the likes of the mighty TNS & Aberystwyth.

Swansea City have a nice new stadium, maybe you could share?

Saying that they seem to be moving forward and promotion (unlikely) could easily see them attract a new investor and become the new "team for Wales" maybe Sham could buy them and merge you both into administration, akong with Wrexham you could be part of Cymru Administration Hatrick FC. Catchy.

Guest Friendly fire

well at least they have more seasons in european competition than you

and if you don't care, why reply? I don't need you to tell me you don't care

it's ok making in until the end of season but what about the close season when the players still get paid & with no income coming through the turnstills!

Say you need roughly 2 million to pay the players, roughly how much in transfers do you need to generate bearing in mind only part of transfer fees are ever up front?

You also assume you'll still attract the same gates for the next 3 months, you have one of if not the ficklest support in the country. 12,500 last weekend, bearing in mind the state you're in & being bigger than Barcelona, sleeping giant etc... is poor - this will decline rapidly unless you win loads of games!

You are definitely in a no win situation.

The loan is to be repaid without interest in the summer if players are sold. With your current situation it will be a buyers market. Players will go for far less than you think they are worth.

If players are not sold then I guess you will be paying hefty interest on the loan.

At the end of the day current turnover = £7.4m current wages = £9.8m so thats a £2.4m defecit beofre you even start covering the expenses of running a football club.

That is utterly unsustainable and so a lot of shams big money signings are going to have to go.more than likely to be replaced by poor quality cheaper replacements.

As for the stadium i didnt realise the point you'd made regarding advance sales on the retial units as i understood the banks involved were asking for more money up front from sham and guarantees about the club as they wanted to be sure there would still be a club to play in this magnificant (yet totally uneccesary) new stadium.

My impression is that all involved (apart for the council) have started to get a bit twitchy about the state of affairs at tinnion park and so are delaying a start date as they want to see how things pan out over the next few months

• Admin
Swansea City have a nice new stadium, maybe you could share?

Saying that they seem to be moving forward and promotion (unlikely) could easily see them attract a new investor and become the new "team for Wales" maybe Sham could buy them and merge you both into administration, akong with Wrexham you could be part of Cymru Administration Hatrick FC. Catchy.

I prefer Cymru United Nation's Teams myself whistling.gif

Guest Friendly fire

You know we won't disappear, we may go down a divison or 2 but we will still be around but I suppose anything to take the attention away from your individuals performance (would say team but they don't play as one)

Archived