IGNORED

Dw On Signings ?

richieb

I see that DW says we are still talking to JC's agent.

But DW has said that JC is sought after & is spending the week with Sunderland.

We then get an 'out of date' Nigerian on trial.

What I can't get my head round is that we must have got to JC too late, as why didn't we offer to take him on trial? B)

Does he prefer 1st Div opportunities & waiting to see what happens or did we decide too late in getting him at the Gate?

I would rather know the 'real' reason behind our non approach to JC as to a trial. :wacko:

What I can't get my head round is that we must have got to JC too late, as why didn't we offer to take him on trial? B)

Does he prefer 1st Div opportunities & waiting to see what happens or did we decide too late in getting him at the Gate?

I would rather know the 'real' reason behind our non approach to JC as to a trial. :wacko:

Come on Richie! Of course Cureton would want 1st Div opportunities - any player in his position would.Not only is it a higher standard of footie but the money's better as well.

I don't think its a case of City moving slowly,after all City were interested in Cureton before he went abroad and so he would have known of Wilsons interest then and who knows maybe City did offer him a trial but he opted for Sunderland instead.

My guess is that Curetons agent is doing his job and looking at all the clubs that might be interested in offering his man a deal.Sunderland would be higher in the pecking order that BCFC simply because they are a bigger club in every way to City.

There no ineptitude from City on this occaision.

• Admin
an out of date nigerian mmmm, if he can score 17 goals in la liga he could be a good player, just wait and see
(paraphrase): "...but he was unable to win over the fans in Turkey as they labelled him slow and lazy..."

Oh goody, TT all over again :wacko:

I see that DW says we are still talking to JC's agent.

But DW has said that JC is sought after & is spending the week with Sunderland.

We then get an 'out of date' Nigerian on trial.

maybe the fact taht he would cost about $150,000 to $350,000 more to sign than the out of contract nigerian? :blink:

I'm not saying anything about personal terms, But I would too imagine Curetons requests to be higher there as well. But Jamie Cureton is STILL CONTRACTED to a profressional football club. Just as Compensation would be due to stoke for Marc Goodfellows Transfer, Jamie Curetons club would seek compensation for the rights to his registration.... He just got homesick real quick and doesnt want to play with them anymore:)

sorry to say it but coming to city at this present time would for jamie

be a step back in is carrer, coming back to where he started in football, low pay, 2nd division football and back in bristol where he got so much stick before leaving for reading. now he is bound to listen to offers of higher standard positioned clubs first before even considering bristol city, i'm affraid we would be the last resort

for him to come to..

bristol city have always been a stepping stone club and

a place for old pros to end up at, we always have and always will and i don't

think jamie is ready to be a old pro just yet, nothing will ever change unless

we get out of div.2. and we get serious money put in to this club like a reading or cardiff and wigan have sad but true... :wacko:

Come on Richie! Of course Cureton would want 1st Div opportunities - any player in his position would.Not only is it a higher standard of footie but the money's better as well.

I don't think its a case of City moving slowly,after all City were interested in Cureton before he went abroad and so he would have known of Wilsons interest then and who knows maybe City did offer him a trial but he opted for Sunderland instead.

My guess is that Curetons agent is doing his job and looking at all the clubs that might be interested in offering his man a deal.Sunderland would be higher in the pecking order that BCFC simply because they are a bigger club in every way to City.

There no ineptitude from City on this occaision.

Inept or just spin ? :D

Are you saying that JC is not spin & that we have made a move but JC will want a bigger club & 1st Div footy? :(

Or is it just spin & we havn't actually made that contact :o

Little confused now.

Archived