IGNORED

Colchester Board

DOLMANDAN

Guest hairyshamrock

Do we actually have a scouting network or does he just pick names out of a hat?

I think he just plays Championship Manager a lot and buys players who do well for him on there...!

Guest Mightymilks

Looks like City have got some great fans judging a player before hes even played action-smiley-033.gif

He may be another dinning but at least wait till he plays to judge him!

Thing is ...... do we have to make a decision in haste......

In this climate we should not have to rush to sign anyone?????????????

There are a few players out there that must have the quality and some that have not shown it yet.....????

Why do we feel the need to rush into things, or don't we rush into things?

Short term contracts might be the way forward?????????????

If the player is not interested in that ..... then are they the right type of player for Bristol City FC

The prospect of some stability at a good level of pay, if you are good enough, would be acceptable in most forms of employment??????????????????

Not good enough to play for City = get rid of as soon as possible?????

So many ????????????????????

The trouble is now, after we've been 'Dinning-ed', is that we are natrually cautious about players who come in. That's not really fair on the player is it? He already has to show that special something, and probably within a few minutes of being on the pitch or he is to be quickly branded a waste of space. sad.gif

As for Colchester fans being glad to be rid of him, take a look at what's been written here about some of our players over the past few months. Anyone would think Doc, Coles and others ( Dinning aside) were the worst players in the division!

Let's give the kid a good welcome, or else soon word will get round and no one will want to come and play here!

By the way, the only slight concern I have will be is he injury prone, as injury has kept him out of some games? We have enough players who are injured players thank you!

Guest TheOne
Looks like City have got some great fans judging a player before hes even played  action-smiley-033.gif

You been living on another planet for the past 5-6 years mate, City have been so predictable over the past few years, they must take the transfer sheet from the FA and take out all the ones that looks like it will hurt their budget of £250.00 PW, then they put them into a nice big hat and pic out at random, I'm personally sick and tired of getting lower teams recyccled waste, and then we wonder why we play sh!te week in and week out, get some EXPERIENCE!!! for goodness sake and stop fart assing around with wanna-bes, AHMEN!

Looks like City have got some great fans judging a player before hes even played  action-smiley-033.gif

After Dinning, hard not to be extremely cynical, and Colchester saying that REALLY inspires me..... wacko.gif

Ah, but do any of you remember seeing him play? He seems to have featured pretty regularly against us and let's remember, up until three weeks ago, our record against Colchester has been pretty poor. Have a vague recollection of him more of an attacking option rather than defensive.

And, purely playing Devil's advocate here, how many attacking left footed options do we have at the moment?

Scooter Red

The trouble is now, after we've been 'Dinning-ed', is that we are natrually cautious about players who come in. That's not really fair on the player is it? He already has to show that special something, and probably within a few minutes of being on the pitch or he is to be quickly branded a waste of space. sad.gif

As for Colchester fans being glad to be rid of him, take a look at what's been written here about some of our players over the past few months. Anyone would think Doc, Coles  and others ( Dinning aside) were the worst players in the division!

Let's give the kid a good welcome, or else soon word will get round and no one will want to come and play here!

By the way, the only slight concern I have will be is he injury prone, as injury has kept him out of some games? We have enough players who are injured players thank you!

That's a good point RedM. If they read this web site, I bet Hearts fans thought they were getting a really bum deal when Lee Miler went to them on loan, but look at how he has done, and how their fans see him now.

Ah, but do any of you remember seeing him play?  He seems to have featured pretty regularly against us and let's remember, up until three weeks ago, our record against Colchester has been pretty poor.  Have a vague recollection of him more of an attacking option rather than defensive.

And, purely playing Devil's advocate here, how many attacking left footed options do we have at the moment? 

Scooter Red

Just as long as he doesn't flatter to deceive like all the others!

"Come on lads, Bristol City are looking for players! Who wants their arse wiped whistling.gif whilst doing naff all? All you got to do is perform well for 4 weeks then you're home and dry for three years. Sweeeet."

The thing I find strange is that tins has said we lack left sided players. So rather than increasing the number of left sided players he swaps one for one.

It could be that Colchester will sign goodfellow and this loan is a short term option to enable us to sign someone permently.

Just as long as he doesn't flatter to deceive like all the others!

"Come on lads, Bristol City are looking for players! Who wants their arse wiped  whistling.gif whilst doing naff all? All you got to do is perform well for 4 weeks then you're home and dry for three years. Sweeeet."

It's such a shame that Tony Dinning has made us all so cynical isn't it?

Scooter Red

The thing I find strange is that tins has said we lack left sided players. So rather than increasing the number of left sided players he swaps one for one.

It could be that Colchester will sign goodfellow and this loan is a short term option to enable us to sign someone permently.

Isn't Goodfellow right footed?

Scooter Red

That's a good point RedM. If they read this web site, I bet Hearts fans thought they were getting  a really bum deal when Lee Miler went to them on loan, but look at how he has done, and how their fans see him now.

Miller is playing for a contract at the moment. Let's see what happens when (or if) he actually signs for Hearts.

Miller is playing for a contract at the moment. Let's see what happens when (or if) he actually signs for Hearts.

Forget playing for a contract. He's playing - full stop.

I think it's a bit unfair to bracket him with Dinning i.e. play for a contract, get it and then put your feet up. I reckon that Lee Miller knows he might have a bit of a future in the game, but won't get it sat on the bench in Bristol. He's been given a chance and is showing what he can do with a club where he feels wanted. I could be proved wrong, but expect to see Miller doing well for some time to come.

Guest Tactical Genius

He's also still only scored against the bottom two sides and Kilmarnock, who have the second highest goals against record in the division.

Personally I would rather see what happens when (if) he comes back to Bristol, but know that is pretty unlikely.

However, he is playing, scoring and obviously enjoying doing so. Are you suggesting that he is only trying now and will stop once he signs? I don't remember commitment on the pitch ever being a problem with Lee at City!

We have lacked a left sided attacking midfield player all season that Tins is prepared to play!

Personally I would rather see what happens when (if) he comes back to Bristol, but know that is pretty unlikely.

However, he is playing, scoring and obviously enjoying doing so.  Are you suggesting that he is only trying now and will stop once he signs? I don't remember commitment on the pitch ever being a problem with Lee at City!

He certainly didn't lack commitment and could give other players a lesson. Off the pitch too, many people heaped praise on him for attending functions and fans matches, giving up his free time to meet people at youth clubs etc. We could do with encouraging that not freezing him out. Sadly now Hearts will benefit.

Ah, but do any of you remember seeing him play?  He seems to have featured pretty regularly against us and let's remember, up until three weeks ago, our record against Colchester has been pretty poor.  Have a vague recollection of him more of an attacking option rather than defensive.

Scooter Red

Scoot: Dinning was doing the biz, on loan, just once the deal was signed, for some reason he became kack, overnight- reminds me of Steve Jones too-we seem to attract all the waifs, strays, boozers, & losers to come to the Gate-fed up with it I am..and why don't we go for players from better clubs, rather than worse than us? sad.gif

Guest taipan

Brian Tinnion decided that City need a new defender and a new winger with pace, and decided the best solution was to breed a hybrid clone of Keith Millen and Joe Anyinsah, but his attempts were thwarted by the Human Rights Comission, so he settle on the next best thing, a player who combines not the attributes, but the names of these players, Joe Keith. Simple.

Beyond Keiths playing ability is the actual"arrangement". A swap/loan for a month. For starters city wont need Keith over easter with our matches postphoned. It is probable that Goody is on a bigger wage than Keith, as one wag on the Colchester board said, " why would City want Keith they're a big club". Lets also look at our international players with their 2 games in a week, then coming back to face 2 games a week for the postphoned matches. This end of the season with niggling injuries, perhaps Keith is a fresh option. One point overlooked, is the fact that Colchester have been playing Keith on the right, out of position.Some City players can equate with that.

Guest kingswoodred23
According to the Colchester fans  board they are glad hes going and cannot understand why we want him????  dunno.gif

He'll do alright for us, he's a good signing, i think we'll sign him permantely

However, he is playing, scoring and obviously enjoying doing so.  Are you suggesting that he is only trying now and will stop once he signs? I don't remember commitment on the pitch ever being a problem with Lee at City!

Of course he's playing for a contract. It's flippin' obvious that he wants a move back to Scotland and so is doing his best to earn a contract in Edinburgh.

And you don't remember commitment being a problem with Miller? I suggest that you have a very short memory. How committed was he at Cardiff last May? How committed was he at Brentford in November?

Of course he's playing for a contract. It's flippin' obvious that he wants a move back to Scotland and so is doing his best to earn a contract in Edinburgh.

And you don't remember commitment being a problem with Miller? I suggest that you have a very short memory. How committed was he at Cardiff last May? How committed was he at Brentford in November?

Of course he's playing for a contract - why shouldn't he? City have made it obvious he's surplus to requirements.

I've never been unhappy with Miller, commitment or football wise. You might have added that no one played well or "looked committed" at Cardiff. The whole team was abysmal.

City have been the problem, not Miller. We have never played to his strengths by putting in good crosses throughout his entire stay.

If he leaves and you mark him down as a City failure, many more of us will see that the fault lay not with him but squarely with the midfield and wingers whose consistent inability to create goal chances (particularly headers) never gave him much chance to shine.

Good point, why are we condemming a player even before he kicks a ball for us. Christ give both manager and player a break. Anyway no one could be as bad as dinning surely??????

dunno.gifdunno.gifdunno.gifdunno.gifdunno.gifdunno.gifdunno.gif

If he leaves and you mark him down as a City failure, many more of us will see that the fault lay not with him but squarely with the midfield and wingers whose consistent inability to create goal chances (particularly headers) never gave him much chance to shine.

Brooker and Lita don't seem to have too many problems. OK, goals are a bit thin on the ground at the moment but you know what I mean.

<According to the Colchester fans board they are glad hes going and cannot understand why we want him????>

Don't forget we could not wait to get shot of Craig Fagan. Colchester thought he was the best thing since sliced bread; maybe this is the Fagan situation in reverse!

Guest Colchester fan

Joey is a decent enough player when he is in the mood, but it is always on his left peg he is VERY one footed.He has a decent free kick on him and good ball control too.He has been unhappy at Layer Road for some time and has had a few stand offs with Phil Parkinson over the last few weeks.On his day he can be a matchwinner but on others he will stroll around and do nothing.don't expect a ball winner as he is very lightweight in the tackle, but overall I rate this guy.He is obviously looking to win a permanent deal with Bristol City so perhaps you will see the best of him.

We have played Colchester far too many times in the past few seasons and all you have is a vague recollection. I remember him, but only due to his odd name.

So lets face it, his hardly a Howard, Parkin or Nelson. But more worrying is his admission of not seeing "eye to eye" with his manager (sound familiar) and looking for our scores whilst playing for another team, not great loyality there.

Brooker and Lita don't seem to have too many problems. OK, goals are a bit thin on the ground at the moment but you know what I mean.

Lita has been persevered with through several dodgy goalless patches. Tinman loves him, and he was allowed to miss and stay on.

If Miller had enjoyed such an unbroken run of games and non-substitutions, who knows what his tally would be. Similarly with Roberts, Heffernan and Gillespie, others who notably have never had the extended pressure free unbroken run Leroy has enjoyed.

Point is you questioned Miller's commitment and ive seen nothing to suggest this was the case.

You might equally question City's commitment to Miller. City paid the money and the onus was on us to do everything we could to help him justify it. Shocking service and regular substitutions was hardly the best way.

It will be fairest to judge Miller when he's settled in a team elsewhere, then i think we'll look back wonder what stopped him making a real success of it at Bristol City.

Archived