IGNORED

Darren Hawkins

Guest Swiss Baloney

Guest Swiss Baloney

Rollo and Hawkins finally fire City onto an upward course (3/1/04)

Second half goals from Jim Rollo and Darren Hawkins, his fourth in five games since arriving from Bristol City on loan, saw City deservedly beat Hednesford 2-0 this afternoon at Twerton Park. The result sees City climb above Chippenham Town and off the bottom of the Dr Martens League. After an early scare when keeper Mark Bryant failed to claim a through ball, City always held the upper hand, although it looked like their failings in front of goal would again cost them. However, Rollo's volley from the edge of the box finally gave the a breakthrough after 62 minutes. Frankie Bennett appeared to have doubled the lead on 78 minutes when he slid the ball home after collecting a back pass when coming back onto the pitch after leaving it to stay onside. This was disallowed and Bennett bizarrely received a yellow card for his efforts. This was forgetten though with five minutes remaining as Hawkins took advantage of some woeful defending to coolly slot the ball home. The news that Chippenham had maintained their winless home record meant City climb one place up to 21st and can look forward to their 10 day break from league action as no longer the worst team in the DML.

Guest Swiss Baloney

Yeh I know, I was just updating the info he has scored again !! 4 in 5 that has goto be worth a go on the right of midfield ?

I know it is at below confrence level but he is scoring from the right wing on a very frequent basis there just a thrid as often at City would be nice ?

Archived