IGNORED

Where Do Your Loyalties Lie?

newboy

Ok, so being relatively new to this, I haven't been exposed to the long term rivalries between Rovers and City, so please bear with me.

Seeing Gillingham in the FA cup has got me thinking..

2004/5 season. Through some massive fluke, Rovers get through to the FA cup finals vs Man Utd despite being recently demoted to the Dr Marten's league (heh heh).

Would you back them for the one match, being a Bristol team and all?

Forgive the impertinence....

Guest WillsbridgeRed

No, that would be too painfull. I have sometimes appeared at their matches, but never to support, and normally to scout the other team.

Against Man U i probably would, and against a lot of teams i probably would support Rovers. I don't really have a problem with rovers, they aren't in our division anymore and i don't even consider them to be credible rivals at all really.

Guest Friday The 13th

I don't believe some of the comments that some City fans have told me over the past few years. They include I hate Cardiff more and I don't care if Rovers win or lose. This to me just means they are trying to demote Rovers even more by making people think they don't give a damn. But they hate them the most and lets be honest, this we don't care rubbish is getting out of hand. We all hate Rovers the most out of EVERY team! It's part of being a City fan and being a Bristolian, having the rivalry with the 'other' set of fans. This may seem like a rant but doesn't it tick other people off?

I'm not sure to be honest , in away i'd want rovers to win cos its bristol , but then i'd want man u to win because if rovers won all the gasheads would be showing off saying they won the fa cup. But its a situation we wont ever have to deal with so why worry! :D

Man U any day of the week?

My loyalty is firm with City.

Can you imagine the papers if Rovers won as well? All you will get for weeks after in the nationals (let alone local papers) is Rovers this and Rovers that.

Also, the articles would focus heavily on how they are the poor neighbours, however, they are in Europe and we aren't. It would then go on to how we have under-achieved for years, whilst Rovers have done alright considering etc. etc. It would be depressing plus!

I cannot believe any City fan can hate Man U that much that they would actually support the gas for this game with the above being the probable outcome! :vomit2: :vomit2: :vomit2:

Neo:

"I cannot believe any City fan can hate Man U that much that they would actually support the gas for this game with the above being the probable outcome!"

No problem, as I dont live in Bristol but near Manures fan base here in Bucks, and any team which shuts the patronising pain in the ass supporters up, has my vote. They regard 89 other league clubs as ###### under their shoes, and you can imagine how Div 2 sides arer regarded, Chelski fans are getting that way too, and Watford think they are something special too..

Remember a couple of years back, i had the package of tickets for all England qualifiers at Wembley, some Gas clocked the shirt, wondered I wernt at the Chesterfraud (I think) game, and wished City well, unlike the Mancs who took the p*** out of the City shirt, incidentally the only ones to do so, out of all about 40-50 clubs represented

seen them being idiots in Ibiza, Albufeira and Cape Town as well...

So yeah believe it, I cant stand em, even Gooners dont patronise us, like most of they "supporters" do..

So yeah believe it, I cant stand em, even Gooners dont patronise us, like most of they "supporters" do..
I'd rather City were patronised by a few thick-head Mancunians than all the thousands of closet gas that will come out of the woodwork and all the national papers also.

Also, as I think you are suggesting from the quotes around the "supporters", most of them are only jumping on the success band-wagon. Why care about such insignificant idiots who do not truly know what it is like to love a club?

Next time one of them takes the pi$$ out of you and bleats about Man U, ask him how many games he has attended at Old Trafford. He'll be so embarrassed the one baccy-strand roll-up he is attempting to smoke will fall out of his mouth (is that what the term pigeon-holing means? :D )

Guest redrobin108

NO NO N0 NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO N0 NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

NO NO N0 NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

NO NO N0 NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO N0 NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

You don't sound totally convinved to me :D

I made it 24 zero's before I was sick :vomit2:

Archived