IGNORED

Hartlepool Planning

Guest BridgyRed

Guest BridgyRed

I have a few observations about the planning of the Hartlepool trip.

Firstly I do not think that it is necessary to make the game all ticket and this will cause a lot of hassle, We have been allocated 900 odd tickets and I do not believe we will be close to filling this. We have only exceeded this five times this season and if we took 980 to Rushden and even less to Wrexham, Oldham, Blackpool etc I cannot see that many travelling to Hartlepool in January.

The tickets are once again being sold on a proiority basis but general sale does not begin until the monday before the game leaving non st holders and members not much time and more hassle in getting tickets. Why not let general sale begin two days earlier at the Chesterfield game and give all fans the opportunity to purchase tickets when they are already at Ashton Gate, and not have to wait until monday and rely on the post.

Moving onto the travel arrangements, the lateness of tickets going on sale poses problems planning travel arrangements, particularly for those who are planning to fly but may not be able to purchase match tickets until 5 days before the game.

Finally I do not think the buses are leaving early enough. they are leaving 8-8.30 but this seems very late for a 250 mile journey for a 3 o'lock kick off in january when the roads could be icy etc.

Assuming that they plan to arrive at a minimum no later than 2.30 this leaves 6 hours travelling time. If you take out an hour ish at the services then that 250 miles on a coach in 5 hours, average speed for the whole trip of 50 miles per hour. I do not think this is likely and leaves no time to account for accidents or hold ups

that have already caused fans to miss the start of the Barnsley gameearlier this season. If fans are being charged over £20 then the least they can expect is to arive in good time. if they dont then a lot of people will be annoyed!

I know this is a long winded rant but once I stated I couldnt stop!!!!!!!!!!!

Any comments??????

I have heard the same that people do not think we will sell that allocation, but I think the chance of cheap flights and a possible night out in Newcastle might be tempting.

I think that season ticket holders should be allowed more than one ticket, so we can help people out. The time for general sale of tickets is too close to the game, and makes getting travel arrangements sorted difficult.

Lie you said tickets won't sell out so whats wrong with booking flights now? It's not the clubs fault that Hartlepool were in the 3rd round of the FA cup so we had to wait until that tie had been decided to see when th ehartlepool game would be. Relying on the post, I know the post is not the best but if you don't recieve it they will sort out so you pick one up at the ground or something.

Archived