IGNORED

0-0

Badger

A stick on pen for Rovers turned down in the last minute.Even the City fans that watched the game would admit it was a pen.Maybe the ref didn`t want to get home too late and didn`t want extra time. :D

Guest Red_ Mango

penalty?

G*s probably wouldn't have got that on target either....anyway, wasn't a penalty (I was at the farther end of the ground 'though)

so, 1-5 would have been a fair result????

penalty?

G*s probably wouldn't have got that on target either....anyway, wasn't a penalty (I was at the farther end of the ground 'though)

so, 1-5 would have been a fair result????

It was a stick on pen,1:5 a fair result???? now you are deluding yourself,lets look at the facts the only player in the Rovers side last night that has played first team football was Rob Quinn.In the City side there was Bell,Lita,Brown,Clist and Fortune the rest were made up of players that have come through the academy at a cost of over £800,000.

In general there wasn`t a great deal between the sides especially the younger players who looked on a par with each other.The young lad Dane O Conner who came on for Rovers livened up the game and worked Clayton Fortune hard and Clayton had to be at his best and came up with a couple of fantastic last ditch tackles to stop him.

I know I am judging a lot of this on one game but £800,000 per year seems an awful lot of money to be spending on an academy that to date has only produced Div 2 players.

Clubs all around the country are tightening their belts and Bristol City are hardly a wealthy club if you take out the directors loans so I dont think your academy has been money well spent especially when you consider the likes of Hill,Coles,Docherty etc would have come through Citys youth sysyem anyway

I dont think going to a Rovers reserve game makes you someone without a social life!!!!!! As it happens I enjoy the reseve games as I meet a lot of friends there from the Rovers forum and the Rovers reserves are a pleasure to watch unlike the first team who do their best to ruin my weekend.

I went to the match last night expecting Bristol Citys academy "stars" who have cost your club over £800,000 per year to wipe the floor with Rovers and give them a right stuffing but that wasn`t the case.Redrobin will say that Rovers were awful and it wasn`t a penalty but I wouldn`t expect anything less from a kid that is totally blinkered in his view of football and probably hates Rovers with a passion.

Penalty or not there wasn`t a great deal between the teams and when you consider how bad Rovers first team is at the moment I was surprised that our kids that have come through the system at a cost of nowt done very well and matched their opponents in all areas of the pitch and made City work hard for their victory.

I dont think going to a Rovers reserve game makes you someone without a social life!!!!!! As it happens I enjoy the reseve games as I meet a lot of friends there from the Rovers forum and the Rovers reserves are a pleasure to watch unlike the first team who do their best to ruin my weekend.

I went to the match last night expecting Bristol Citys academy "stars" who have cost your club over £800,000 per year to wipe the floor with Rovers and give them a right stuffing but that wasn`t the case.Redrobin will say that Rovers were awful and it wasn`t a penalty but I wouldn`t expect anything less from a kid that is totally blinkered in his view of football and probably hates Rovers with a passion.

Penalty or not there wasn`t a great deal between the teams and when you consider how bad Rovers first team is at the moment I was surprised that our kids that have come through the system at a cost of nowt done very well and matched their opponents in all areas of the pitch and made City work hard for their victory.

Well, I guess it was like their cup final so they tried that bit harder.

By the way, how many shots on target did you manage?

Oh, and the academy is self-funding so they didn't cost the club a penny!

Guest Hodges17
Well, I guess it was like their cup final so they tried that bit harder.

What? City reserves a cup final? As it was not a first team game i don't think club rivalry comes into it.

You don't think City reserves is a cup final for our reserves because your such a 'big club' do you?

What? City reserves a cup final? As it was not a first team game i don't think club rivalry comes into it.

You don't think City reserves is a cup final for our reserves because your such a 'big club' do you?

Depends on who you're comparing with. But against a struggling Div4 side - yes we are a big club!

C

Guest Hodges17

Your'e not that bigger than us, really, your players are better, but you get around 11000 and we get around 8000(ish) and you'd lose fans if you went down, so it's not size as such, although i'd be crazy to say that we were better than you since that is clearly untrue.

Remember, being bigger/better than Rovers doesnt neccessarily make you big or good.

Your'e not that bigger than us, really, your players are better, but you get around 11000 and we get around 8000(ish) and you'd lose fans if you went down, so it's not size as such, although i'd be crazy to say that we were better than you since that is clearly untrue.

Remember, being bigger/better than Rovers doesnt neccessarily make you big or good.

A mouse compared to an ant is big - 50p instead of 1p is better.

C

(sounding as obscure as Cantona!)

Archived