IGNORED

How Did Our Reserves Get On

Guest citysnumber7

Guest citysnumber7

well done lita, good for tinnion, obviously city will win 3-0 against county with a tinnion hat-trick. that would be a good way to celebrate his 500th appearance now!

Just borrowed this off the gas site. Its a fans report after Geoff Dunford gave his views. "I thought we were outplayed pretty comprehensively and that City played more attractive, skilful and fluent football, were stronger, cleverer and fitter, and were unlucky not to have won by a larger margin. They often had longer on the ball than our players, and MUCH more often played the first time, well-placed pass. City didn't convert their superiority into the scoreline they deserved. Having said all that, it WAS a clear penalty at the end! Poor show by the ref generally, I thought." Dunfords views were RE: Rovers 0 City 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If ever a referee had a train ticket booked and didn't want a game to go into extra time this was him. A definite penalty, and he was well placed to give it!

I agree with Rick, a great show of good football from our boys, matching City pass for pass.

Clayton Fortune had a fantastic game and was literally head and shoulders above everyone.

Leroy was constantly being man marked by two players who basically weren't there to play football, just make sure Leroy had a quiet game - and to be far to Leroy he managed to beat both players on a number of occassions.

Anyone tell me why Marvin Brown was sub'ed last night and never finishes a game - I can't remember the last time he went the full 90 minutes.

Good to see Craig Woodman also in attendance watching his mates from the stand.

Good game - as usual and with a good bit of banter in the stands. Including one woman who gave the ref some real stick - very funny. :D

Clayton was indeed very good and looked head and shoulders above most of the players on the pitch, He let himself down by getting booked for abusing the assistant referee though!

The city right back Ryan Harley hada very good game and could probably show Louis Carey a thing or two about getting forward.

Marvin made the goal and used a serious of step overs and drag backs to beat his man and he whipped the ball in.

Rovers werent really in the game until the last 15 minutes when they finally went two up front and made Fortune work a little bit.

They should probably have had a penalty after Sekani Simpson pushed someone in the back in the box but the ref decided against it.

Simon Clist went through the motions again but never really got into anything like his stride.

Micky Bell played some neat passes up the line but he didnt cross the halfway line in the second half and was coughing up a storm most of the time as well !

All in all we moved the ball around well, But again dont seem clinical enough in front of goal, Leroy Missed a sitter when the chance was on his left and he came around the ball so he could hit it with his right and then managed to drag it wide.

Well worth the £3 and a fair bit of banter with the gasheads.

Guest redrobin108

Agree with Beezey.

City were by far the better side, but in saying this it would not have been hard against a very poor rovers team.

Both Bell & Clist looked as interested as going out a night out with Danny Wilson in the rocking city of chesterfield.

And just for the record

1) NO PENALTY

2) Bell was on the pitch for 70 minutes, but as for playing ! :D

Archived