IGNORED

Clayton Fortune & Marvin Brown

Guest zfc

Just got back from The Mem where City beat Rovers 1:0.

I need to ask a couple of questions why the hell doesn`t Clayton Fortune or Marvin Brown get a look in at Bristol City?????

Fortune looked a class apart tonight and I was impressed with him, his balance and reading of the game was superb and Marvin Brown well why this bloke doesn`t get a game in the first team is a scandal. I have quite a few friends who go to Ashton gate and most away games and they think Marvin is sheer class but is not in favour with the manager.

I have seen the post in another thread about your academy and to be honest it is a waste of money as the likes of the Browns,Hill,Amankwah,Coles etc would have came through the system anyway.The same way Yates, Stewart,Zamora, Bryant etc came through the system at Rovers.

City fans dont realise how lucky they are to have class acts like Marvin Brown and Clayton Fortune and others plying their trade in the stiffs.With this kind of quality in the reserves the future of Bristol City does look bright and you dont need an academy to do it.

Guest BCFC Matt

Both have the potential to do extremely well, the only thing they lack is first XI experience and theres only one way they can get that by being part o the first team, its a shame we haven't seen more of them but i am hoping they will get a chance but it dosen't look that likely currently, which is a shame.

We got Clayton from tottenham and although he is tall, he is still good with his feet, he is a real prospect and i feel it is only a matter of time before we see more of him.

As for Marvin, he seems a good footballer and he's got a good footballing brain, he just need regular first team football to really give him the confidence to show what he can do.

Dont want to sound rude in anyway but they we're playing against the Rovers reserves last night. Now where are the first team positioned?? If these are the reserve players of that bunch then that is saying something.

Marvin and Clayton have massive potential and this is no disrespect to them in any way but as someone has pointed out they do lack first team experience.

We are on a good run at the moment and i cant see an automatic place for the couple at the moment, however i see a place popping up for Clayton before Marvin.

I do believe M Brown is out of contract at the end of the season and is itching for first team football which he's not getting a City, departure seems probable there.

I have seen the post in another thread about your academy and to be honest it is a waste of money as the likes of the Browns,Hill,Amankwah,Coles etc would have came through the system anyway.The same way Yates, Stewart,Zamora, Bryant etc came through the system at Rovers.

City fans dont realise how lucky they are to have class acts like Marvin Brown and Clayton Fortune and others plying their trade in the stiffs.With this kind of quality in the reserves the future of Bristol City does look bright and you dont need an academy to do it.

We have quality in the reserves because of the academy. If it wasn't for that our "youth development" would be no better than your's is now.

The whole point about the likes of Yates, Stewart, Zamora, Bryant, etc. is to recruit them as early as possible and the academy is the mechanism for doing that.

The bottom line is that Marvin has failed to impress in the few 1st team games he's had at City and he failed to set the league alight when he was on loan at Ch'tnam.They or any other club aren't exactly queueing up to take him on loan again.How many reserve goals has he got this season so far?

I can see him being relaesed when his current deal expires.He'll end up in the Conferance or Doc Martins.

The bottom line is that Marvin has failed to impress in the few 1st team games he's had at City and he failed to set the league alight when he was on loan at Ch'tnam.They or any other club aren't exactly queueing up to take him on loan again.How many reserve goals has he got this season so far?

I can see him being relaesed when his current deal expires.He'll end up in the Conferance or Doc Martins.

How exactly has he failed to impress in his first team games ?

One start in his native position, one very good game, completely overshadowed the considerably more expensive Peacock. Best player on the park, denied by that bar and some incredible saves by the flying pig. didn't score 53 goals and we lost the game because Willson was outmanaged by Sanchez, so that was all marvins fault as it's never Willsons fault, so Marv was never seen again. The reason he hasn't played is because Willson likes to shunt the blame for his tactical innability on to the players.

In 3 and a bit years Willson has an impressive record, 1 player completely destroyed, marv, 1 pretty much destroyed, Clisty, although may get a chance now. How long is it before he destroys Litas confidence ?

How exactly has he failed to impress in his first team games ?

One start in his native position, one very good game, completely overshadowed the considerably more expensive Peacock.  Best player on the park, denied by that bar and some incredible saves by the flying pig.  didn't score 53 goals and we lost the game because Willson was outmanaged by Sanchez, so that was all marvins fault as it's never Willsons fault, so Marv was never seen again.  The reason he hasn't played is because Willson likes to shunt the blame for his tactical innability on to the players.

In 3 and a bit years Willson has an impressive record, 1 player completely destroyed, marv, 1 pretty much destroyed, Clisty, although may get a chance now.  How long is it before he destroys Litas confidence ?

Amen to that.

And that's not to mention his treatment of Christian Roberts last season (Bringing in the useless Fagen, dropping Roberts, while Roberts was playing well and scoring).

Archived