IGNORED

Re- One At A Time

potbelly

Tom, I was not having a pop at you personally as i have come to recognise an "Adam" idea when i see it.

It takes me a couple of minutes, at most, to look through the posts to see which ones they have replied to. Maybe they read slower than i do.

If they are really struggling then maybe Mr Adam should have another bright idea and bring back the old board with the proper threaded view.

I agree that the SL board can get a little out of hand sometimes but surely this is an extreme solution.

It seems that in future if you want to add either your support or personal experiences to a thread i.e food then you will not be able to. Dont bother trying to start a new thread to do so as this is now also forbidden.

Madness.

Guest graham b

I must admit I find this an excellent facility in that Steve and/or Colin can answer directly individual questions from the fans. I also think it must be near unique within football clubs for both the Chairman and the Chief Executive to open themselves up to this service to the fans (the paying customers!).

However if I had infront of me a thread of twenty or so inter related messages some with questions and some counter arguments, some fans answers I would quickly become demotivated to answer.

If an answer from Steve or Colin naturally leads to further comment then surely this can be related back to the main forum by quote (if this is possible) or by pasting and further discussion being on a thread on the main forum.

Lets keep the ask SteveL/Colin S forum for what is was designed and use the main forumfor the fans discussion.

Peter, I understand that, I did actually think that the idea wasn't a bad one.. but I can also see your point with regards to adding further thoughts. Problem is sometimes people do add needless comments aswell.

With regards to the threaded view, I can assure you that its just a matter of time till its incorporated, we are waiting on the software producers for the first 'public release' of the new version. But it won't be long now, and it is 'fully' threaded I assure you.

Hope this helps :D

Just a point, could it not have been done, so when Colin and Steve have answered the Question the thread is automatically closed ? So you can have people adding points to the origonal question, and then Steve or Colin answers them all.

If any followup questions arise from the post by Colin or Steve, then they can be asked in a seperate thread. But many questions in that forum have evolved, from an origonal question by people adding input.

And what about the needless questions that have previously been answered by members ? now either Colin or Steve will have to answer these countless yet pointless questions that appear.

Archived