IGNORED

Most Boring Match Ever Watched !

Guest redrobin108

Guest redrobin108

During my time watching city both home & away, sometimes has been liking watching paint dry. :D

What is the most boring match you have ever witnessed either home or away involving city.

Try not to involve too many 0-0s.

Usually the boring ones get erased from the memory but I remember a game a few years back.

It was terrible and for some reason my dad and I had got seats in the middle of the Dolman, about halfway through the 1st half David Seal received the ball from a throw in and hit an absolute screamer into the top corner from 35 yards. We spent the rest of the game talking about it and hoping he might get the ball and do the same again, that's how dull the rest of the game was.

I can't even remember who it was against, although something tells me it might have been Hull? :Confused13: :Confused13: :Confused13:

All those godforsaken 1-1 draws during the P***s era stick in my mind. Teams like Colchester and Peterborough coming for a point and getting it while the likes of Jones and Beadle miserably failed to do anything that even looked like scoring. :Sleep12: :Sleep12: :Sleep12: :Sleep12: :Sleep12: :Sleep12: :Sleep12:

Guest Hodges17

Heres a Rovers one.....Rovers 0-1 Barnsley, friendly i think. Negative, rubbish Barnsley score lucky goal about 5mins in and defend all game.

I say all game, but i actually fell asleep sat down on the terrace with 20mins to go!

Now who was that Barnsley manager that day....

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Anything involving Notts County in the early to mid 90's

God those games were awful, in a less than half fall ashton gate- And to be honest it was clear to see why

Can anyone remember a game at AG against Cambridge when Russell Osman was in charge. Pretty sure it ended 0-0.

It was a fantastic combination of both sides hoofing the ball forward and then both playing the off-side trap. It was mind blowing. The most boring game ever for sure.

To crown it all I was living in London and had dragged a mate all the way down to watch it! He still reminds me of it to this day and tells me it has mentally scarred him for life!

Guest cider gliders

September 19th 1982 Northampton 7 Bristol City 1

We were that ruddy bored we cleared off over the pub!

and missed city`s goal! :o

That were also our lowest point watchin` the city two! :D

Guest pogue mahone

from our relegation season of 79-80 the 0-0 with wba about easter time, stunning that a side containing cunningham and regis could be so negative. the same fixture the year before wasn't up to much either but at least mabbutt got a late winner then. i developed a deep hatred of wba over those 2 games.

in 80-81 we drew about 5 games in a row 0-0 over christmas i had the misfortune to be at all of them.

the osman and pulis years obviously. times when i really considered whether or not i had better things to do on a saturday.

Plymouth on Boxing Day last year.

Our biggest crowd of the season upto that point and I don't recall one decent shot for either side.

The only thing that was even remotely interesting was when a City defender (Coles or Butler) used their bonce to completely clear the Wedlock.

And that was as exciting as it got. :D

A number of FA cup replays between us and either Aldershot / Hartlepool (late eighties) - always 0-0, can't even remember who actually got through.
city did in the end after 4 replays, though they were fun games at Aldershot, had to walk through a wood to get to the Away end

It was terrible and for some reason my dad and I had got seats in the middle of the Dolman, about halfway through the 1st half David Seal received the ball from a throw in and hit an absolute screamer into the top corner from 35 yards. We spent the rest of the game talking about it and hoping he might get the ball and do the same again, that's how dull the rest of the game was.

I can't even remember who it was against, although something tells me it might have been Hull?

That was against Stockport County, I remember it well, one of the best goals I've ever seen.

Wimbledon away in the early to mid eighties in the 4th division at Plough Lane.

Our expectations were at their lowest point and they were completely fulfilled.

Nyrere Kelly was playing and we had high hopes of him, which were dashed.

Boiling day, City were appalling and we lost.

Most City fans were oblivious to the turgid game by the half way stage and were stretched out , asleep in the sun for the 2nd half.

Guest city3rovers2

I think Peterborough last season was one of the most boring games I've ever been to. We won 1.0, but I don't know who scored. I remember thinking afterwards that I'd barely seen anything of the game, I chatted for 90 mins with my mate. I hardly even saw the goal, the game was so dull, I wasn't even watching. Still, the 3 points were all that mattered.

I think Peterborough last season was one of the most boring games I've ever been to. We won 1.0, but I don't know who scored. I remember thinking afterwards that I'd barely seen anything of the game, I chatted for 90 mins with my mate. I hardly even saw the goal, the game was so dull, I wasn't even watching. Still, the 3 points were all that mattered.
Oh dear oh dear yes..... it was so boring infact that we had a conversation about Danny Wilson's managerial career at Barnsley :D

January 1999, Oxford v City at the Manor Ground.

2 awful 1st Division teams heading for God's Wating Room (aka Div 2), ground out one of the most mind numbingly, nail s####ing down glass, boring 0-0 draws that I've ever had the misfortune to watch.

Both goalkeepers needed overcoats as there was so little for them to do and the referee should have abandoned the match at half-time, due to an outbreak of narcolepsy.

Last year away at Blackpool, and the most dire 0-0 draw you've ever seen. I actually sat down and refused to watch it, it was unbelievably boring.
Just about to post the same thing actually - infact I believe I was sat down with you..... :Sleep15:

Half of the reason you'll never catch me going to Blackpool away ever again.

Guest Ricky BCFC

I agree about Peterbrough last season, that was the first match that came to my head when I saw this thread. VERY boring!

Guest Cider Red Sam

City 1 - 0 Peterborough

Last season...

We were fully expaecting to win, first 10 minutes great, all over them. Robins scored on something like 12 minutes and no-one even cared! it was the ####pest atmosphere ever! When we scored instead of jumping up and down, everyone just went "wahey" when the ball bobled over the keeper and it to the back of they net. For the rest of the match we defended the 1 goal lead against a Peterborough team that could create sod all, and we didn;t create anything down the other end either!

It was early to mid nineties, first division game live on ITV on a Sunday afternoon against Grimsby, City never seem to turn it on for live games and this was no exception, we won 1-0 I think, all I remember is sitting there numb with boredom telling a friend it was bad enough being here watching it, but also feeling sorry for those unfortunate enough that were sat at home hoping to watch some footy on tv that afternoon.

2 games involving the gas (what a surprise). Not long after Cambs Utd had been elected to the League, they were draw away to the gas in the FA Cup so I went down to see them (not the home team). I walked out 20 mins early it was such a poor game. Even when City are losing, I never walk out on them early.

Towards the end of 80/81 and both Bristol teams were headed for Div 3 (today's Div 2) and a dull goal less Bristol derby brought a sneer of derision from Des Lyneham on BBC's Grandstand.

As soon as I saw this thread I thought of an away game at Cambridge (strange that they feature a lot on this thread).

I cant remember the year only that I think John Taylor ex Gas was playing for them. It was freezing cold, we were under a low covered terrace and it was quite dark in there. It was like watching the match through a letterbox which wasn't great as the teams seemed to be having a competition as to who could kick the ball the highest.

It turned out that there was a rugby match , maybe England, being played at the same time. Someone had a TINY handheld black and white TV. Soon everyone around had turned their backs on City and were watching the TV. Does that tell you how bad a game it was ????

Archived