IGNORED

Is The Band?

Guest Red_Duncs

No band... please no band.

Infact, I beg the band not to come.

Away games = no band = Lot's of atmosphere.

Home games = band = No atmosphere.

We're fine at away games with just a drum or two. We want singing and voices at Ashton Gate, not a bloody trombone.

i hope so...even though some members on the forum find them annoying we want to make as much noise as we can and create a great atmosphere and in my opinion the band we help do this.

Yep that's me.... but it is a free country.

I also think this whole East End thing is a load of (Place Swear Word Here)

And can't for the life of me think why some people make such a fuss about it

Seen it all on here indepth discussions regarding the acoustics of the East End ( Which are factual) and fond memories etc......still don't really get it though

......... but hey it's a free country.

In my time as a City supporter I've seen games from all stands apart from the Dolman, don't think I've ever been in that stand..... I don't know why...... but hey it's a free country

It's nice to get an atmosphere down at the Gate but in truth it's what you make of it not which part of the ground that you're in.... but hey it's a free country.

Q: What is the diference between the RMS Titanic & Bristol City Football Club?

A : The Titanic had a good band!

:D

Free Country :Hmm, yeah that's really funny Tarquin.:

It;s a chance that can only be taken up once a season (i think) and it is a change, new people around you, standing up and hopefully everybody will be singing and there will be quite a few of us in there.

If you don't wanna come mate, that's fine by me, after all like you say.

It's a free country :Hmm, yeah that's really funny Tarquin.:

Guest TA8 RED

:D Godzilla,You get more atmospere ay the away games because,it is the "hardcore fans" who travel.At the home games you get alot of partimers,or even first timers,it has nothing to do with the band!!!!.

You want more singing and voices do you ? Who do you think starts alot of the singing off when it is quiet,it's not you, is it?And we haven't had a trombone turn up to play with the band all season,you musical moron.

A darn sight more people would miss the band if they didn't turn up,than would miss the likes of Willsbridge red,Dorset cider,ciderhead reynolds,chalky,etc,ect,

You really are a very very very small minority of people who have this view,and yes I know everyone is entitled to an opionon, (sorry can't spell that word).But please remember we are all city fans and all the band are doing is to try and give the lads some support.

Guest WillsbridgeRed

"You get more atmospere ay the away games because,it is the "hardcore fans" who travel"

Or the people without attachments, money to spend on a days travel and understanding wives/gf's

Would you call youself hardcore? How old are you 16? How many away games does it qualify to be called "hardcore"

"At the home games you get alot of partimers,or even first timers,it has nothing to do with the band"

I'm thinking at home you get maybe 1000 partime, first time fines at most for any average match.

So when Ashton Gate is packed for big games, the Atmosphere is better.

"You want more singing and voices do you ?"

No, we want everyone that sings to be able to sit together.

"A darn sight more people would miss the band if they didn't turn up"

I expect the club would miss our money a great eal if we didnt show if to everygame to be honest.

"You really are a very very very small minority of people who have this view"

I think you're wrong

"But please remember we are all city fans and all the band are doing is to try and give the lads some support."

That's what we're doing

did you ever go in the East End though before the seats ?????

Yes I've been in the Wedlock/East End stand before the seating was installed,and I used to stand in the Williams where the Platinim seating is now and the old open end where the Ateyo is now....... but I've never been in the Dolman for some reason standing, seated or otherwise

Guest d_hardingbcfcband

Hello from the band! yes we are thinking off joining the east end! sorry to upset those of you who dont like us but its time to stop blamin us for the atmosphere and lets c if "WE KILL IT" or "MAKE IT" down the east end shall we?

"Who do you think starts alot of the singing off when it is quiet,it's not you, is it?"

It is him actually. Him and his mates anyway. (Dolman B*)

* inserted to stop it looking like " B) "

I was going to bloody well say!

I find your digs or whatever they're meant to be rather amusing, zideredddd (or whatever you call yourself). Wesco and one or two others excluded, you couldn't have picked a fan more dedicated to making noise and getting behind the team.

So, please, don't give me all that rubbish.

The band are more than welcome if they don't drown us out, and the singing remains the dominant factor.

Free Country  :Hmm, yeah that's really funny Tarquin.:

It;s a chance that can only be taken up once a season (i think) and it is a change, new people around you, standing up and hopefully everybody will be singing and there will be quite a few of us in there.

If you don't wanna come mate, that's fine by me, after all like you say.

It's a free country  :Hmm, yeah that's really funny Tarquin.:

I wouldnt bet on you standing up for ninty minuets mate, I should imagine that the club may be looking hard at things like that so if you do spend a lot of time standing you could find that they refuse to open the east end again........Not that I think they are looking for an excuse or anything...... :D

Guest lilciderhed

The band wouldnt be that bad if the trupet(s) and people who think there hard at shouting at the end of the stand "sing you ##***".

The trumpet gets played for nearly every song sung now, even flying high and cider/red army chants, so all you can hear is *bang* *bang* *insert onomatopia that implies a trumpet which drowns out singing is being made sound*.

And if there werent idiots shouting abuse at the rest of the ground for not singing, perhaps if those people werent there people might warm to the singing more.

Drums in the East end- yes.

Band in the East end- no.

Archived