IGNORED

Severnside Info Wanted

Guest BTR_FTG

Guest BTR_FTG

Can anybody shed any light on South Gloucestershire Council ruling cabinet's decision to oppose the Severnside stadium development? I'm particularly interested in the assertion that the 'stadium' aspect of the scheme wasn't, in any of the documents submitted, guaranteed by Redrow Homes. I fully appreciate that Redrow have no formal connection with South Gloucestershire Arenas, who I believe formally submitted that aspect of the plan, though I would have thought from Burns' & Sexstone's previous pronouncements that a fully specified, guaranteed completion of the stadium development would have been pre-requisite for any scheme to have had the remotest chance of succeeding. Does anybody know if Redrow had provided guarantees to SG areans in that the costs of the stadium development would have been met until completion, irrespective of how sales of houses on the contaminated floodplain were going?

BTR

FTG

Red Goblin I know you take great joy in slagging of the council but planning premission is already granted to redvelope Ashto Gate.

Colin Sexton said it was a question of finance which is stopping construction starting tomorrow.

I posted a message on the ask sl,cs forum and put my view that if the redvelopement included the right conferance facilities etc it good pay for it self.

Ashton Gate is in an ideal location for such development, very close to the city centre, ample parking for business conferances and such like, good links to the M5 and M32.

Plus sponsership I belive we have good chance of achiving our aims, look at Plymouth and see what a boast a new well devloped ground can do for a club.

I just thought of another idea Bristol is short of hotel rooms Ashton gate could incorperate this in its new designs, there are so many ways of raising the capital,if there is will theres a way.

Although we may have a current planning permission to develop AG, that permission is only valid for 5 years from the date of the approval.

If that permission expires then a fresh planning application would have to be submitted and approved. If the application is refused then we would have the right to appeal against that decision.

I know tompo so that is why I regrett having wasted time and money on this severn side idea which most people never wanted. The time could have better spent looking to find partners and investors in the Ashton Gate project.

From Ashton Gate on a week day its easy to get to the M32 Cumberland basin via Hotwells straight across the centre, Bond st M32 , honestly RG its an easy journery. As for the speed cameras on the portway well don't speed, I have 6points I should.

The point AG is no more diifercult to get to than anywhere else in the country. My job takes me all over England and Wales, I done 50,000 miles last year, Ashton Gate is just as easy to get to as any other place.

Bristol is a major bussiness centre in the UK and Ashton Gate is less than 2 miles from the Centre yet with the splendid back drop of the Clifton Suspension Bridge, Georgian Clifton and the lovely countryside of North Somerset, they us a lot going for it, come RG don't be so negative.

Archived