IGNORED

Enclosure

Guest two acres red

Guest two acres red

Can anyone remember the old enclosure were the sing song boys used to gather as well? We had the east end and top right hand side of the enclosure as well they were the days.

Guest two acres red

I remember meeting down the prince rupart pub 1st with redrobin108 meet about 20 others. Left pub about 2pm then walk to the ground through the docks across the railway lines there having a sing song then into the enclosure which used to be under the williams and having another sing song whilst in the ground.

Can anyone remember the old enclosure were the sing song boys used to gather as well? We had the east end and top right hand side of the enclosure as well they were the days.
Founder member of "the Enclosure Mob" here!

It started back in about '72 when about 10 of us used to leave the EE at half time and watch the second half from the enclosure.

Through the years it gradually expanded to it's hey-day in the (old) first, 70 or eighty bods at a guess. Marvelous times I can assure you! It was the done thing in them days to have "mobs" ALL around the ground (no hiding place).

Whilst not hooligans as such,we made it a daunting place for any unsuspecting away fans who ventured into our territory! They soon moved of their own accord : :Hmm, yeah that's really funny Tarquin.: .:

That hallowed area of concreat and iron could tell a few stories!

Nostalger b'aint what it t'were!!!

Guest two acres red

I can also remember playing newport county i was in the enclosure and all you could hear from the 3 stands at the same time may add was ENGERLAND ENGERLAND ENGERLAND i had to put my hands over my ears it was so load.

I remember standing in the open end (atyeo now) next to the Dolman even when it was half full of away supporters. They would go to the right of the entrance and we would go to the left. There were a whole bunch (30/50?) of us that weren't going to be moved by little things like segregation.

No trouble, and a real laugh as well as you got to know the same group around you each week.

It was what was great about terracing, if the people next to you talked bolox you argued or you moved to find people who talked sense. These days you have to put up with the idiot behind you who thinks Tinnion's #### (an extreme example I knowbut you know what I mean). :D I wish there was an icon here that said "nostalgia". :o

YEP, in being, a standing terraced area in front of the Williams

Does anyone remember benches being in front of the railings all round the ground.I seem to recall walking around inside the railings/fence sitting on these, many moons ago or was this a dream???

There were benches inside the perimeter railings. They were mostly occupied by the crews of the special buses that used to run to the ground.

The bus men used to leave 5-10 mins before the end of the game. A good sign if we were winning but not so good if we were losing.

Archived