IGNORED

Atmosphere

Guest Red_Duncs

Guest Red_Duncs

Is that all that matter to you guy and ladies??? all this bout the east end is a bit to much now , the atmosphere we most probably be bit better but really its about the football i love goin to ashton gate not the amount of noise

if it dont work this time i hope you drop it!

I must disagree now, i used to think the same, but after going to see the reserves last night, with what, 400 people there? i can see why people like the songs, chanting, shouting etc, it's what makes the game, i couldn't enjoy it half as much as i could with people turning out in their droves, and the excitement of the big game - it's a massive part of PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL.

of course the result is the most important thing at the end of the day but the atmosphere at football games in England is what makes football what it is?

Atmosphere reflects the pride, passion and commitment of the fans. It's our way to do the best we can to achieve the result. We can't kick the ball into the net...but we can try sucking it in!!

Even when we win at Ashton Gate when we have been TOTALLY outsung like we were with Plymouth last season, Southampton, Wednesday and Swindon this season I left feeling embarrassed- it makes us appear fickle and apathetic.

Any game, no matter what the score is so much more enjoyable with a great atmosphere and loads of noise.

I don't want football to turn into a sport where people go, sit, passively watch and go home again. That's not the spirit of football.

Atmosphere and performance can often go hand in hand, 2 way relationship. They are in no way conflicting- by trying to bring atmosphere back to Ashton Gate we are in no way stopping Danny Wilson and the team from doing their work.

take your point, but most people would like both, having known what it can be like compared to the atmosphere that we currently have, then I'm fully behind any idea that is on offer. generally if the game's exciting to watch then the atmosphere is good and vice versa, but there is no doubting the acoustic appeal of the shed. :D

Guest WillsbridgeRed

I've always said that if this fails I will never mention the East End again.

But for alot of people there's more to City than going to football. It's a day out with their mates, a laugh - Somewhere to have different mates to see everyother week, a realease to shout, cheer and sometimes swear.

And I do have a deep satisfaction when the other fans are outsung

when I lived in Germany in the early 80's used to go to BVB 09 Borussia Dortmund, and in them days the Brits used to be told to shut up and stop singing, and if it was a bore draw, not uncommon there, it was like paint drying.

But as they got used to Brit fans they did start singing etc, and the atmosphere did improve, and their hooligan problem started, (not down to us directly-but thats another story)...ya gotta have a noisy crowd, it helps the team (well usually!!)

Archived