IGNORED

Lets Be Positive

Guest DANNYS DEMON

Guest DANNYS DEMON

We have signed a new right winger! The fact he kicks with his left foot and prefers to play up front or on the left wing where we have tons of options has nothing to do with it.

I did try !

Yes, you're extremely trying.

Just because a player is left footed, doesn't mean that he cannot play on the right side - Ryan Giggs anybody?

If Marc has as much pace as we're led to believe, then just imagine a team with him, Aaron Brown and Roberts in it :D

I'm trying to be positive but I just can't believe that Pulis would let a decent player go - especially to us !!!!!

Goodfellow does seem like a good player, so why's he not in the Stoke first team?  :D

The reason = Pulis (Say no more) :o

Yes, you're extremely trying.

Just because a player is left footed, doesn't mean that he cannot play on the right side - Ryan Giggs anybody?

If Marc has as much pace as we're led to believe, then just imagine a team with him, Aaron Brown and Roberts in it  :wacko:

In my opinion, this is a terrible example as Giggsy is a quarter his usual self when played on the right!! Still, I appreciate that it is possible and will cite Lee Bowyer and Trevor Sinclair as examples (or Owen Hargreaves?).

I was unsure about this signing as many of you may be aware but he is now going to be a city player and I support him 110% and wish him all the luck in the world.

My mate is a Stoke fan and he will pop down a couple of times to see Goodfellow. £20 of his transfer fee repaid already!.... Now if I can get him to buy a shirt with all those letters on.....

In my opinion, this is a terrible example as Giggsy is a quarter his usual self when played on the right!!  Still, I appreciate that it is possible and will cite Lee Bowyer and Trevor Sinclair as examples (or Owen Hargreaves?).

I was unsure about this signing as many of you may be aware but he is now going to be a city player and I support him 110% and wish him all the luck in the world.

My mate is a Stoke fan and he will pop down a couple of times to see Goodfellow.  £20 of his transfer fee repaid already!....  Now if I can get him to buy a shirt with all those letters on.....

Fair point, he is one of the worlds best left wingers, but he's not exactly the worst left footed player to play on the opposite side is he?

Sinclair was another example, just couldn't think of any others at the time.

Guest BTR_FTG

"....left wing where we have tons of options..."

Do you know something I don't Demon? Pray remind me who's been banging in those left wing crosses this season?

Point is we've nobody useful on EITHER wing, so if Goodfellow plays either left or right & ships quality ball into the box, what's the problem? Perhaps the Northern Hobbit might allow him free reign to switch wings at will, which would terrify any opposition at this level, though I won't hold my breath.

What is not in doubt is the fact that Godfelolow will make his debut Saturday, have a stormer, run the opposition ragged for sixty minutes & , as our best player will be subbed in favour of a begloved Roberts who will proceed to demonstrate how things should be done in Division Two.

BTR

FTG

What is not in doubt is the fact that Godfelolow will make his debut Saturday, have a stormer, run the opposition ragged for sixty minutes & , as our best player will be subbed in favour of a begloved Roberts who will proceed to demonstrate how things should be done in Division Two.

BTR

FTG

As Roberts is suspended this is unlikely.

Do agree with the rest of your post though. Brown and Roberts may have loads of pace but let the front two down with the overall quality of their crosses. Miller in particular should thrive on some decent ball played in to him in the air or to feet.

Guest BTR_FTG

Roberts suspended? Jeez, what did he do to warrent sufficient bookings to merit a ban? The bloke's never put in a challenge in his life.....

BTR

FTG

I think you will find that Robert Pires is a right footed "left winger", hes no rubbish !

As pointed out above though, We have nothing on either wing really at the moment, Brown is class one week and gas the next.... :wacko:

Roberts is trying but Danny hasnt allowed him the amount of games in that position to really make it his own.

Guest redrobin108

Lets give the guy a chance, none of us have seen him play yet.

If u goes out scores and makes a hatful we will all be signing his praises if he's left/right/middle who cares.

Archived