IGNORED

Just Wanna Say.....

Guest Cider Red Sam

Guest Cider Red Sam

Fair play to the board for making money available to Danny Wilson at a time where he needed it most.

I really think the chairman and the board aren't fully appreciated by the City supporters. They pump so much money into the club its unbelievable. We're loosing almost £2million a year but yet the board still find money to go out and get us a new player.

But the thing is they are doing it sensibly, unlike Scott Davidson (I'm not saying I wouldn't welcome his money back), who pumped loads of money into the club, but where did it get us? Nowhere. In the end it set us back roughly 5 years (although I do realise this was mainly down to Pulis' inablilty to spend the money correctly). However, if these signings turn out to be flops, which doesn't look like it will happen at the moment judging by Wlson's current buys, then we shouldn't be set back to far as we havn't overspent.

Once again a big thank you to the board, you and your money are appreciated (honest!).

Fair play to the board for making money available to Danny Wilson at a time where he needed it most.

I really think the chairman and the board aren't fully appreciated by the City supporters. They pump so much money into the club its unbelievable. We're losing almost £2million a year but yet the board still find money to go out and get us a new player.

What on earth makes you say that?

I can't recall the last time the fans had so much faith in the currant Chairman and board.You see hardly any critism on this forum aimed at them.Most fans agree that Landsdown is doing a good job.

Landsdown and the other directors are doing an excellent job.

Whilst some would turn around and say "you've already spent over £500k" they fund another transfer.

Let's not forget that a number of players' contracts are up at the end of the season, and the club will probably already know which ones are likely to be resigned or let lapse.

The board are running the club ok but please please don't go on about player investment - £100,00 - wow, they probably spend more on cars each year. This board have steadied the ship and SL is a good Chairman who can talk a good talk and is a likeable guy who obviously has the best interests of the club at heart but BCFC need serious investment and that takes "fools" who are willing to really risk their money with little or no chance of any return - their aren't any on the board at the moment willing to do that and I have seen no evidence of them trying to encourage new blood.

The board are running the club ok but please please don't go on about player investment - £100,00 - wow, they probably spend more on cars each year. This board have steadied the ship and SL is a good Chairman who can talk a good talk and is a likeable guy who obviously has the best interests of the club at heart but BCFC need serious investment and that takes "fools" who are willing to really risk their money with little or no chance of any return - their aren't any on the board at the moment willing to do that and I have seen no evidence of them trying to encourage new blood.
I would imagine that the current board would invest more money on the team if we were in the first division, I think the board have spent an awful lot of money for a second division club and should be thanked for doing so, whether you think 100,000 pounds is chicken feed or not, show me another club in our division that has spent over £600,000 this season alone, the Murray money didn't have to be spent on the team, It could have been put back into the club to offset our huge losses but it didn't, credit must go to the board for backing Danny Wilson when he has asked for money.

The board are running the club ok but please please don't go on about player investment - £100,00 - wow, they probably spend more on cars each year.
Come on England!

3 days ago there dozens of posts on here saying "we shouldn't be spending £150,000", "don't waste our money", "are we any easy touch?"

To start complaining that they have only spent a third of that (upfront) is a prime example of how hard it is to please fans as a group!

As for their cars well that's up to them, remember running this club shouldn't have to mean putting hands in their pockets every few weeks. The fact that they do (to any degree) should be praised not belittled by remarks like that.

show me another club in our division that has spent over £600,000 this season alone, the Murray money didn't have to be spent on the team

Wasn't a lot of the Murray money dependant upon goals, promotion etc though?

I'm sure it was, and if that is the case, then not only have we yet to receive the majority of the money, but it just further shows the ambition of the directors.

I hope this guy is as good or better than Roberts - who I admire- or Miller, who I remain unconvinced about, or Wilkshire who I do not rate but regardless of my likes and dislikes, none of the buys really improved the squad in my opinion which was downgraded overall with the loss of Murray. Which is my point, "real money" is not being invested of the kind that would(to be fair, could) make us not only auto playoffs but likely to stay up. Nothing against individuals on the board, the club is in safe hands but oh for someone who would take that big risk.

Archived