IGNORED

Dw Got It Wrong - Planning For 03/04

richieb

Lets not beat around the 'shepards' here.

The Board have yet again supported DW, like they did pre-season.

I remember too well a conversation I had with SL pre-season & it was clear that the answer to our midfield problems were to be solved by Mickey Bell.

The loss of SM was to be compensated by LW & we also wanted to replace SM goals with more from the strikers - enter LM. :wacko:

Now it may have been the Chairmans words but, it's DW that deals with the footy & these were the best laid plans.

18/20 games into the season we realise LW is not a right sided player & if by magic he appears in his natural role in the middle (by now MB is well down the pecking order)

23 games later, we look like getting that SM replacement & we are nearly where we should have been from match one.

All we need now is JC to bang in the goals & we still have that automatic promotion place in our sights.

Having detailed all this - we are still 3rd & going well.

Just imagine what would have happened if DW had got it right from day one.

Yep we would have been promoted by March.

Were now going 'ALL THE WAY' :D

Some good points there, Richie - but theres not much mileage in looking back at what might have been even though the Wilson doubters could no doubt use your points to fuel their critism of him.

Even the most loyal Wilson fans will have had moments of deep concern at some stage this season with his apparent inability to see the obvious when players are clearly not being used to their strengths.The Wilkshire right wing fiasco and more recently Clist on the right of midfield are two easy examples.

That said - City are third in the league with the best defensive record in the division at virtually halfway through the season.Not bad for a team that hasn't played consistantly well yet.The league doesn't lie remember!.

All we need is a goal poacher who'll get us a few tap-ins and we'll be in the top two come May.

Yep, the board have done all they can, bar bankrupting the club by spending loads of money.

The board have done their job as well as they can, now it is up to Willson to do the rest. I still think he will, as long as he doesn't go mad again and start putting players out of position.

Good, even the best defensive records are all very well, but you need to score goals, more than the opposition, and that we have singularly failed to do all season, as our 10 games drawn testifies to.

DW, hasnt addressed this issue from last season, Scotty went, and so did our top one, by a margin too), and played Robbo, either out of position, or not at all, and insisted on playing Peacock (who to be fair always starts with a bang, and then...)

We need a new striker still, to back up Miller, who is getting a grip on the English game now.

Peacock aint it, despite DW sticking with him.

I suspect Goodfella is DW's answer to the pacey winger, time will tell.

The lack of a decent striker has cost City a lot already, may even cost us an automatic place. If we get a draw on Saturday, or next week against struggling opposition then I would suggest we have blown automatic, and will have to go through the play-off, which have in the past not been our best option.

Archived