IGNORED

Would We Have Dyche Back?

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Watford boss Ray Lewington has told centre back Sean Dyche that his contract will not be renewed at the season's end.

The 32-year-old was Lewington's first signing when he took charge at Vicarage Road last season but The Hornets have decided not to extend the player's deal because of a lack of finances.

The former Nottingham Forest, Chesterfield, Bristol City, Luton Town and Millwall man will need to look for pastures new again in the summer.

"Sean came to see me before Christmas and he wanted to know honestly what the future held for him," Lewington told Watford's official website.

"I told him that we currently had three centre backs under contract - with Wayne Brown able to provide cover as well - so, with Sean included, five is too many.

"Out of courtesy to Sean, because he's such a good professional, I told him that at the end of the season he would be a player that we'll let go.

"I have to say that Sean is one of the best professionals I've ever worked with.

"Players aren't stupid, they see the way it's going, they hear all the noises coming out of the club about the finances, so he knows what's going on.

"With most people I may not have told them so early but in Sean's case I know that if we need him this season he's going to be out there giving 100 percent, because he doesn't know how to play any other way."

City don't really need another centre back.Butler,Fortune,Coles and Carey can all play there.

Its a shame because Dyche is a leader and motivator and City don't have too many of his kind.

If City needed a centre back then he'd be on my list - especially in this poxy Division.

Guest Red Sinjen

I do not thinks it a big secret that he was playing whilst carrying an injury, his back I think, during most if not all his time at club. Like has been said before, he has played well everywhere else.

Archived