IGNORED

Should Tinnion Use The Door?

Guest dolmanthomas

stay..... too much change too soon won't help.

he has been building and chopping out the dead wood

all this season and 3 good summer signings will see us

right next season.

But surely you cannot trust him to bring in the correct players

Guest WillsbridgeRed

I think we'll do better next season, not sure if we'll go up though.

If we lose Lita in the summer we've had it.

I think we'll do better next season, not sure if we'll go up though.

If we lose Lita in the summer we've had it.

I think you can replace Lita to be honest... Strikers come and go.

If Tinnion chooses wisely and is able to keep schtum over the possibility of an offer, then you'll get a good replacement. I honestly think Howard would have been yours if he hadn't gone to press.

Guest WillsbridgeRed
I think you can replace Lita to be honest... Strikers come and go.

If Tinnion chooses wisely and is able to keep schtum over the possibility of an offer, then you'll get a good replacement. I honestly think Howard would have been yours if he hadn't gone to press.

This is true, but it hasn't always worked in the past. The strikers brought in to replace Andy Cole (baired and Robinson) were appalling.

Also Rovers ran out of decent strikers after many years of finding gems like Ellington and Hayles.

But surely you cannot trust him to bring in the correct players

it is all down to who is available and at the right price

and who he wants he might not be able to get. but we need

a center half for sure, tins may well want nelson but might

have to settle for 2nd best but it is a player in that position

we need.

I'd say Brooker was a good signing. But temp signings like Ireland and Keith (despite how they played in their respective spells) was never going to get you promoted, in fact when they were announced I was quite relieved as I didn't rate either of the two although I'm aware that Ireland did an okay job.

Dinning was a disaster... Can you blame Tinnion for that?

His track record on signing players isn't the best right now but I think in a decade or so time the Tinnion manager stint will be remembered for bringing in the youth players.

His track record on signing players isn't the best right now but I think in a decade or so time the Tinnion manager stint will be remembered for bringing in the youth players.

very true mate, the likes of Brown, Skuse, Lita, Goldbourne, probably would have gone out on loan to the likes of Forest Green Rovers, Team Bath and Bristol Rovers had Wilson still been in charge,

Guest MaloneFM
Go and I'll even pack his bags for him if it helps!

If you are thinking of going into the care business can you tie my shoelaces and tell me what year it is?

He will and should stay.

It's his first seaon at the helm and i think he's done ok.

Next season i expect he'll bring in a couple of faces and let some go, but at least it will be his squad and not the remanance of DW's.

If he fails to secure promotion next season, then i will be asking for his resignation too, gotta make sure it happens.

Guest WillsbridgeRed
If you are thinking of going into the care business can you tie my shoelaces and tell me what year it is?

Judging by your dress sense, 1963 devil.gif

very true mate, the likes of Brown, Skuse, Lita, Goldbourne, probably would have gone out on loan to the likes of Forest Green Rovers, Team Bath and Bristol Rovers had Wilson still been in charge,

Well maybe that was because we were winning games then, so they couldn't get in a winning side. Now we have a team that has failed to meet it's targets and he has a few games to try out the kids.

Guest ashtonyate
He should go, but he wont go.......lets see if he has actually learnt any tactical nous, to go with facing up to the comfort zone, for some of the pampered darlings, at least.

I think Tinnion and Turkeys have 1 thing in common they both could fear christmas both could be gone by then I think Lawnsdown will give him until then but no longer to turn things around.Which is more than Turkeys can expect.

In a huge change from normal, I think he should stay. I feel more confident about next season after some of the brilliance we have seen, even if it is rare. Willson was an experienced manager & took 4 years to mould his team; Only 3 years left with Tinnion, maybe more with an experienced manager - having said that Willson finished below where we are now and has bags more experience.

Don't go Tins.

Guest The Traveller

tinman to start next season. millen/taylor/walsh out.get two top coaches in and give yourself a chance.

He should never have been appointed in the first place.

But, the damage has been done now and he should be a better manager after all the mistakes he's made this season.

Having said all that I would expect the board to be keeping an eye on other potential managers and if a better one (ideally one with some sort of track record) becomes available then we need to move fast.

Tinman to stay - until someone better becomes available.

Guest port marine red

He should go but unfortunately he'll be staying put. The reason Steve Howard didn't join us is that we were not prepared to raise our offer by 50k. Fact. Now, how much is Tinnion going to spend on "the big target man" in the summer? There will be freebies around but are they good enough? Dele Adebola? Yeah, 3 seasons ago, perhaps. We should have bit the bullet and signed Howard. We wouldn't have needed Brooker then (I do think he has done a good job though). If I had to sign 4 players in the summer then I would trim the squad (bye, bye Mickey, Lee M, Craig, Marc, Sekani etc) and go for Mark Tyler (Phillips needs some competition), Danny Culip (born leader, tighter than a ducks butt), Richard Langley (Try and swap Coles for him)if not Michael McIndoe and Luke Beckett (scores goals for fun in our division, available). All of the above are quality players and tried and tested in league 1. OK, our budget might not be suffice but lets show we mean business. City are going to have to work very hard to get people to renew their season tickets this year. Give us a reason to believe. Last season you gave us Tinnion. You HAVE to do better than that this time around.

Guest Pedigree-Punk
Thank goodness for a bit of sanity. These threads are pointless.

um....which is more pointless....the thread, or your post!? w00t.gif

Pray do tell when peoples varied opinions became pointless...... devil.gif

All Tinnions abso bloody lutely brilliant signings so far indicates we aint going to set the league alight next seaon either. Adebola, Stewart??? Gimme Leeeeroy any damn day. Ireland, Kieth-ooooh that'll frighten the top sides eh-what absolute promotion seeking talent eh??Wilsons faults on his team revolved roung playing his favorites (Tinman does the same) and didnt give kids like Leeeeeeroy, who has been a revelation this season, and who along with Phillips should be player of the season-both have kept us in the division, Leeeeeroys goals, and Phillips, er keeping em out.Tinman gives em a game a whoooooooooooosh aimless game granted.

Wilson had a plan per game, boring but a plan, whereas Tinman errrrrrrrrr don't. Wilson had an (competent)assistant, whereas Tinman errrrrrr aint

Wilson had to go after "defeat is not failure Baaaadiff-and errrr Tinman should stay?? I actually pine for Wilsons boring defensive game, cos Tinman aint got a scooby- Why on earth do people want him to stay??? The leg end bit, errrrrrr thats worn off now.

Its a HUGE decision that affects the future of our club.

Tinnion stays - We sign a load of hoofball journeymen such as Matt Heywood in the summer and in a years time are in lower mid table, playing awful football infront of crowds of 7000-8000.

Tinnion goes - We appoint a manager who knows how to get the best out the squad we have and become realistic promotion contenders again infront of 12000 crowds.

I know which one i'd rather have. Unfortunately I also know which scenario is more likely.  banghead.gif

Willson took Barnsley to the premiership and he took 4 seasons...Give him time.

Guest MAGILLA
All Tinnions abso bloody lutely brilliant signings so far indicates we aint going to set the league alight next seaon either. Adebola, Stewart??? Gimme Leeeeroy any damn day. Ireland, Kieth-ooooh that'll frighten the top sides eh-what absolute promotion seeking talent eh??Wilsons faults on his team revolved roung playing his favorites (Tinman does the same) and didnt give kids like Leeeeeeroy, who has been a revelation this season, and who along with Phillips should be player of the season-both have kept us in the division, Leeeeeroys goals, and Phillips, er keeping em out.Tinman gives em a game a whoooooooooooosh aimless game granted.

Wilson had a plan per game, boring but a plan, whereas Tinman errrrrrrrrr don't. Wilson had an (competent)assistant, whereas Tinman errrrrrr aint

Wilson had to go after "defeat is not failure Baaaadiff-and errrr Tinman should stay?? I actually pine for Wilsons boring defensive game, cos Tinman aint got a scooby- Why on earth do people want him to stay??? The leg end bit, errrrrrr thats worn off now.

Well errrrrrrrrrrrr said!

The tired cliches that were used in an attempt to justify the appointment of Tinnion back in the summer ('ee's a legend', 'ee's City through and through', 'ee knows the club inside out', 'blah, blah and blah') are as tedious and irrelevant now as they were then.

Yet these are still some of the reasons given as to why he should stay on. And the other one is 'If Danny had 4 seasons then so should Tinnion'. Flawed argument I'm afraid. Tinnion (taken the club backwards) should have the same amount of time as DW (stabilised the club and took it forwards)? Bye, bye STHs, bye, bye income etc.

Another 4 seasons of Tinnion could see us going out of this division - but in the wrong direction. It looks like he will be here in August, but how long will SL give him - 10, 15 games or until Xmas?

Well errrrrrrrrrrrr said!

The tired cliches that were used in an attempt to justify the appointment of Tinnion back in the summer ('ee's a legend', 'ee's City through and through', 'ee knows the club inside out', 'blah, blah and blah') are as tedious and irrelevant now as they were then.

Yet these are still some of the reasons given as to why he should stay on.  And the other one is 'If Danny had 4 seasons then so should Tinnion'.  Flawed argument I'm afraid.  Tinnion (taken the club backwards) should have the same amount of time as DW (stabilised the club and took it forwards)?  Bye, bye STHs, bye, bye income etc.

Another 4 seasons of Tinnion could see us going out of this division - but in the wrong direction.  It looks like he will be here in August, but how long will SL give him - 10, 15 games or until Xmas?

I would say to Xmas at the latest. I'm waiting with baited breath these secret summer signings the suspense is killing me. crying.gif

Guest Pedigree-Punk
Opinion is good, but time after time these threads get boring and are repeated week after week.

Fair play to you Clevedon Red, point taken. city.gif

I would say to Xmas at the latest. I'm waiting with baited breath these secret summer signings the suspense is killing me. crying.gif

Why Xmas, we'll be in the relegation dogfight by then, especially if Leeeroy, AND Phillips jump ship, Championship clubs will come sniffing round both, as well as the kids. Choice- a rudderless City side, struggling in League 1, or ambitious Championship side, better pay, chance of U21 call up blah blah blah-yeah, I'll stay at City.....errrr no actually, i wont.

Get him out NOW, which gives the club time to get a GOOD manager, in, and in place before the new season, getting a focussed hungry team ready for the assault next, hopefully with Leeeeroy, Phillips, AND the kids at the core. Tiny Pennys from the start never improved, clueless, boring, whoooooosh, why keep Tinman, cos he's exactly the same?

Archived