IGNORED

Cats

Guest dez_gimred

Guest dez_gimred

for this weekends match I'm using CATS for the first time....

can anyone shed some light on the coach trips...

full of yobs? full of golden oldies? strict rules...?

long journey to notts so i guess we'll get a stop somewhere!

oh and final score.....

Notts County 1 - 4 Bristol City

oh and final score.....

I suggest you take something to amuse yourself..... A walkman, perhaps?! :wacko: I use CATS as a last resort and in all fairness they are very officent and yes there is almost always a stop on the way and not normally on the way home.

People of all ages use them and its usually quiet..... dont think you will find any major problems :D

Try to avoid booking on the first two or three coaches.

Like all journeys travelling can be boring so take a book or some other entertainment.Some take grub as well as Motorway services are expensive.A flask is usefull but booze is not allowed on the coaches.

There are no yobs,but loads of people sleep on the way back and snore loudly. :wacko:

Guest east_dundry_red
.A flask is usefull but booze is not allowed on the coaches.

There are no yobs,but loads of people sleep on the way back and snore loudly. :wacko:

Hide your booze in a flask! :D

I'm one of those that snore loadly but I'm in a car 2morrow so your alright!

oh and final score.....

Many a trip on Cats in my younger days, with my brother:

i) Liverpool (old 1st division) ON returning to the coaches after drawing 1-1 (Gow) the home supporters gathered around the coach doors. Anyone attempting to get on were then punched and kicked! I was lucky, I waited for my friend to get on and as he was beaten to pulp I sneaked on behind him! :huh:

ii) Rochdale- Got back after 1-0 defeat to hear a 'thudding' noise against back window. " They're stoning us, came a shout from the back!! As we jumped out we noticed that the 'stones' that were being thrown was in fact MUD ! :angry:

iii) Hartlepool- Long way to go. Left about 7am, we noticed on the way up that one passenger was very talkative in front of us, but the bloke he was sat next to wasn't taking any notice.....Livened up on the way home because the same thing happened, but this time the bloke who he was sat next to (same man as journey up) grabbed him around the neck started throwing punches at him and shouting

Shut up,shut up,shut up!! :D

iv) Colchester.. Evening match..Coach broke down on way up!!Something to do with drive shaft. :D

v) Middlesbrough- Another long drive up. Around the time when Hooliganism was in its prime.. Articles had been written in the regions free papers, and when we came close to Ayrsome Park, the Middlesbrough fans attacked the coaches. One lad on our coach was petrified and thought about staying on the coach.However, as we left the ground and reboarded the coach this same man was seen throwing dustbins at the home supporters!! before the coaches pulled away Police boarded ours and removed the dustbin thrower :D

Going with Natcher and Robored tomorrow in the car ! :wacko:

Oh for some excitement!!

• Admin
Beautiful stories!! Made for some great reading.

Out of interest Robbo, why not first few coaches?

I expect because they're regular travellers on Cats. On a completely seperate subject, has anyone seen "The league of gentlemen"? :wacko:

Guest bristol south end

Great stories from arpaul i was at that liverpool game in '77 (great goal by Gow) never been so frightened in all my life,went up by train for nothing using Kelloggs cornflake tickets with 3 schoolmates 1000's of l'pool fans at Lime street station after the game waiting for Everton fans to come back from Ipswich we asked the local bobby for somewhere to hide at the station & he told us to fukc off!! luckily a gaurdsman took us under his wing and let us hide in the mailroom until our train arrived,iheard of so many stories the following week of our supporters getting a whack up there,it totally destroyed the myth that l'pool was a friendly place to go,1 mate who travelled with CATS even had his Dr.Martins nicked and had to walk home from A Gate in bare feet,my they were exciting days!!

I remember that Boro game at Ayresome Park. We lost 1-0 and Gordon Owen missed a penalty.

It was crazy after the game with people jumping off the coaches to meet the Boro lot. There had been a lot of press stuff about how City had done fliers urging City boys to travel as this was the big one and Boro turned up big time even coming onto the pitch when they scored.

I think there had been quite a bit of trouble outside the old City shop at Ashton Gate earlier that season sometime after the game which I had obliviously walked into the middle of.

I used to go on Cats when I was younger. Thank God I stopped, it is so boring without a drink or five.I can clearly remember that there were some very odd people. There was one guy who used to wear football boots and a suit.

""ii) Rochdale- Got back after 1-0 defeat to hear a 'thudding' noise against back window. " They're stoning us, came a shout from the back!! As we jumped out we noticed that the 'stones' that were being thrown was in fact MUD ! ""

Was on that one, some of our kids got chased back to the coach (parked by some coucil estate garages) Me and a couple of my mates (being "bigger boys") got out to ..ahem.. lend assistance! Had one Rochdale miscreant by the throat against one of the garage doors just about to show him the error of his ways, when suddenly caught in the glare of fast approaching cop car. Dropped the little rat, ran round the back of the coach ,jumped on as if nowt happened.

Not all trouble happens at big clubs,

Marvellous times I can assure you :Hmm, yeah that's really funny Tarquin.:

There was one guy who used to wear football boots and a suit.

I stood by that lunatic at Shrewsbury 1990.

Remembered for Dave Smiths' "late winner", the "late" Dean Horrixs' last game (RIP) and the "winner" with the GOLA boots and trench coat.

HAPPY DAYS !!!!!

I stood by that lunatic at Shrewsbury 1990.

Sorry, it's just come back to me now.

"Gola Man" was at Chestar '84, with Trevor Morgan and promotion and all that.

The guy at Shrewsbury was another "beauty". Tracksuited right up, with his two sons, he did his stretches and warmed up throughout the ninety minutes, all, right at the front of the terraces. Alas he failed to catch the eye of Joe Jordan and didn't get on. :huh: He was a proper crank.

HAPPY DAYS !!!!!!!!!!!

Archived