IGNORED

Team V Notts County

Bristol Boy

If Roberts wasn't suspended then I think Goodfellow would be on the bench, however, Roberts is suspended so..

4-4-2

.................................................Phillips.......................................................

Carey..............................Coles..........................Butler..........................Hill.....

Goodfellow........................Doherty....................Tinnion.........................Brown...

........................................Miller..........................Peacock.................................

Subs

Stowell

Clist

Lita

Woodman

Burnell/Fortune?

Next week, depending on the result, who plays well etc Roberts is back and, if MG plays well, may go on the bench as well as or in place of Lita.

Depending on injuries, I don't expect to see another player coming in on loan and, unless things get really bad with results and/or injuries, DW'll wait for LW to get back in Feb.

How can he possibly play Marvin when he didn't watch him against the Gas the other night!  :wacko:

C

You're right. There would have been no advantage to him having watched a player in competitive action, prior to picking him.

Far better to base it on his observations during an hour's training the day before the game.

Anyway, I read your thoughts on this on the other thread, so there's no need to regurgitate them here for my benefit.

We've been told that Goodfellow hasnt had much match practice recently, so I guess the sensible thing to do with our left-footed right winger would be to bring him on as a sub.

The rest of the team picks itself.

It'll be interesting to see what Danny does.

With 3 players out he'll surely start.

I don't think match practice comes into it - footballers should maintain a level of fitness even if they're not actually playing matches.

He'll be a surprise package - if he's a bit of a surprise to our players as well then so be it.

All they've got to do is pass it out to him on the wing and get in the box.

Hopefully, if we've got a good'un he'll then do the rest. :wacko:

.................................................Phillips...........................................

Carey..............................Coles..........................Butler..........................Hill.....

Goodfellow........................Doherty....................Tinnion.........................Brown...

........................................Miller..........................Peacock.................................

I think your pretty much spot on their mate, that will be the starting line up!

Archived