IGNORED

A Partly Political Broadcast

greenun

But which one will enthuse the fans for Saturday?

user posted image

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more;

Or close the wall up with our English dead.

In peace there's nothing so becomes a man

As modest stillness and humility:

But when the blast of war blows in our ears,

Then imitate the action of the tiger;

Stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood,

Disguise fair nature with hard-favour'd rage;

Then lend the eye a terrible aspect;

Let pry through the portage of the head

Like the brass cannon; let the brow o'erwhelm it

As fearfully as doth a galled rock

O'erhang and jutty his confounded base,

Swill'd with the wild and wasteful ocean.

Now set the teeth and stretch the nostril wide,

Hold hard the breath and bend up every spirit

To his full height. On, on, you noblest English.

Whose blood is fet from fathers of war-proof!

Fathers that, like so many Alexanders,

Have in these parts from morn till even fought

And sheathed their swords for lack of argument:

Dishonour not your mothers; now attest

That those whom you call'd fathers did beget you.

Be copy now to men of grosser blood,

And teach them how to war. And you, good yeoman,

Whose limbs were made in England, show us here

The mettle of your pasture; let us swear

That you are worth your breeding; which I doubt not;

For there is none of you so mean and base,

That hath not noble lustre in your eyes.

I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:

Follow your spirit, and upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

Or.....

user posted image

The players and management would like to ask, if you wouldn't mind awfully, getting behind the team on Saturday against Doncaster. If you could that would be absolutely lovely.

Guest Cideriuplandlord
But which one will enthuse the fans for Saturday?

user posted image

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more;

Or close the wall up with our English dead.

In peace there's nothing so becomes a man

As modest stillness and humility:

But when the blast of war blows in our ears,

Then imitate the action of the tiger;

Stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood,

Disguise fair nature with hard-favour'd rage;

Then lend the eye a terrible aspect;

Let pry through the portage of the head

Like the brass cannon; let the brow o'erwhelm it

As fearfully as doth a galled rock

O'erhang and jutty his confounded base,

Swill'd with the wild and wasteful ocean.

Now set the teeth and stretch the nostril wide,

Hold hard the breath and bend up every spirit

To his full height. On, on, you noblest English.

Whose blood is fet from fathers of war-proof!

Fathers that, like so many Alexanders,

Have in these parts from morn till even fought

And sheathed their swords for lack of argument:

Dishonour not your mothers; now attest

That those whom you call'd fathers did beget you.

Be copy now to men of grosser blood,

And teach them how to war. And you, good yeoman,

Whose limbs were made in England, show us here

The mettle of your pasture; let us swear

That you are worth your breeding; which I doubt not;

For there is none of you so mean and base,

That hath not noble lustre in your eyes.

I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:

Follow your spirit, and upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

Or.....

user posted image

The players and management would like to ask, if you wouldn't mind awfully, getting behind the team on Saturday against Doncaster. If you could that would be absolutely lovely.

I would love to but I will be visiting my sister Dolly in Clevedon.

sleeping.gif

How did a thread about supporting Bristol City football club turn into a debate about the useless UKIP who are about to lose all their deposits because nobody in Britain supports them?

correct, it is sleeping.gif , if it wernt for the pc wannabee's it wouldn't be such a problem. I agree with you that UKIP aint going to get anywhere, but it don't mean that no-one supports them.

With slight apologies to Rudyard Kipling...here's one to inspire the Gaffer.

If you can keep your head when all about you

Are losing theirs and blaming it on you;

If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,

But make allowance for their doubting too;

If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,

Or, being lied about, don't deal in lies,

Or, being hated, don't give way to hating,

And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise;

If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;

If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;

If you can meet with triumph and disaster

And treat those two imposters just the same;

If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken

Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,

Or watch the things you gave your life to broken,

And stoop and build 'em up with wornout tools;

If you can make one heap of all your winnings

And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,

And lose, and start again at your beginnings

And never breath a word about your loss;

If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew

To serve your turn long after they are gone,

And so hold on when there is nothing in you

Except the Will which says to them: "Hold on";

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,

Or walk with kings - nor lose the common touch;

If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you;

If all men count with you, but none too much;

If you can fill the unforgiving minute

With sixty seconds' worth of distance run -

Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,

And - which is more - you'll be TinMan my son!

with respects to Sir Winston Churchill (legend}

Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy

we shall not flag or fail. We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this Island or a large part of it were cuddled and starving, then our Empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the British Fleet, would carry on the struggle, until, in God's good time, the New World, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old

obviously completely different scenarios and i apologise for using his words to compare the war effort to this football club. But that inspired a nation and the allies against the Nazi's. It's all the motivation i need when i do anything.

you cant have those pictures at the end of your post. Some Liberals and Labour PC wannabee's will call you a racist. biggrin.gif

Can you please elaborate on why you have chosen to use an image on a public forum, which is likely to offend any muslims viewing?

You are potentionally offending over 1.70 billion muslims.

And YOU are comparing Islam with nazism ?!?

* sighs *

Its 2005, wake up.

I have dedicated my vote to cancelling out yours.

Can you please elaborate on why you have chosen to use an image on a public forum, which is likely to offend any muslims viewing?

You are potentionally offending over 1.70 billion muslims.

And YOU are comparing Islam with nazism ?!?

* sighs *

Its 2005, wake up.

I have dedicated my vote to cancelling out yours.

so, people can mock the christian belief and not be accused as racist????

sod that.

why are you so scared of offending a muslim and not a christian. i'll tell you why, Terrorism, or you are feared of getting accused of being a racist.. tell the truth....

there is one signature currently on that offends the christian belief (well it does to me}, as soon as that goes then mine will go as well, but i cant see why one should stay and another one shouldn't. that would be double standards. (childish i know, but i don't care)

I am aware that it is 2005.

I dunno what the voting is for,,, but whatever it is for, you are going to go against the man's words that led to the prevention of the spread of Nazism. UM, if the Nazi's had won, there would not be any Muslims to offend. (big debate about how long the Nazi reign would have gone on for) what would you rather have??

take your PC and put it somewhere.

ps and 1.70 billion muslims look at otib.co.uk do they??

I may be speaking out of turn here, but I would have thought that all organised religion is a bad thing: catholicism, islam, etc...they all have extreme views and, as it turns out, terrorist organisations attached to them that would jolly well like to ##** us Brits right over!

You can align yourself for or against whoever you like, but I would rather they all ceased to exist. To try and make political capital out of it is bollox IMO.

so, people can mock the christian belief and not be accused as racist????

People who mock the christian belief aren't necessarily racist, it depends solely on the context. However people who do this can be considered very ignornant for sure. Most people who do this have little understanding of religion anyway. This goes for any religion.

sod that.

why are you so scared of offending a muslim and not a christian. i'll tell you why, Terrorism, or you are feared of getting accused of being a racist.. tell the truth....

Please tell me where I have said this. You won't find it, I assure you. To even suggest all muslims are terrorists is simply ridiculous. Yes, there are muslim terrorists and they are in the tiny minoritiy. However as I have previously said, there a quite a lot of muslims in the world and the vast majority of them will condemn terrorism.

there is one signature currently on that offends the christian belief (well it does to me}, as soon as that goes then mine will go as well, but i cant see why one should stay and another one shouldn't. that would be double standards.  (childish i know, but i don't care)

Yes, your right, it is very childish. This sort of mentality is pathetic and I think you know it deep down. Surely that makes another two ignorant people?

I am aware that it is 2005.

Okay

I dunno what the voting is for,,, but whatever it is for, you are going to go against the man's words that led to the prevention of the spread of Nazism. UM, if the Nazi's had won, there would not be any Muslims to offend. (big debate about how long the Nazi reign would have gone on for) what would you rather have??

I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. I was guessing your vote would have gone to the BNP or equivalent by the way you are talking. Therefore I decided to cancel it out by voting against you. The nazis didn't win, fortunately and I am extremely grateful to those who served in the wars against nazism in any capacity, I know a loss would have been catastrophic. Lets not let it happen again !

take your PC and put it somewhere.

Call it what you will, I prefer the term 'common sense'.

ps and 1.70 billion muslims look at otib.co.uk do they??

Once again, please tell me where I have said this. I used the word "potentially". Its really sad reading post's like these.

I don't have a religion as it happens.

Have you actually ever spoke to a muslim?

Just a thought......it was our English Christian crusader ancestors that 700 years ago invaded the highly civilised Muslim world with our militaristic values. 700 years on it is the Muslims attempting to conquer our technologically advanced civilisation with their militaristic beliefs. 'Life is cyclical'....we've been through this argument with the Muslims in ancient times. Who will win this time?

700 years ago....

Okay, my history isn't too great in this area and I wish I would have taken it a bit further in education.

But surely it is in everyones interests to move on and stop living in the past.

Maybe this happened...

==========================================

Muslim 1: You know what guys, its been 700 years since we were conquered by the boys out west, fancy revenge?

Muslim 2: Sure thing.

==========================================

Exactly... Not very likely.

I definitely think it is in our nature to destroy ourselves and that is exactly what is going to happen.

he's got Jesus saves - its got Jesus on the cross stopping footballs going in the net, how that doesn't mock my religion is beyond me.

The picture i have was got off the net, i didn't make it.

However, from a Western World background and of recent developments of how extremist muslims are viewed in GB and especially the USA, the statements aint that far from the truth IMO.

it is why Turkey do not have membership into the EU yet, it is because their culture is not accepted by the European Union as their Muslim culture goes against Human Rights, women's role in society and very extremist political groups. (hense the picture, there is some truth behind it}

i wasn't saying that every muslim is a terrorist, as i have met many at my university and am good friends with some. in previous posts, i have mentioned that not all muslims are terrorists and have given out websites to show this. www.freemuslims.org

And i wasn't saying that you said anything, it was a question that i was asking you.

yes its childish, but once again, i don't care.

At least we both agree its 2005

define common sense??? allowing one religion to be mocked and not allowing another one.

I agree that the Nazi reign was a disgrace to mankind and that i hope nothing of similar scenario were to occur during my lifetime.

My Great Uncle {RIP} prayed to God every morning and evening while he was fighting in the 2nd world war, he told me all about his days in the 2nd world war, my family have strong catholic beliefs and i get a tad upset when people mock the catholic religion as that is what he fought for (King, church and country i remember him telling me once when i was younger)

i don't know exact numbers but i expect christianity is more popular than Islam, its just how people view it.

you don't have a religion, thats up to you, i don't hold anything against you, once again, (i'll say it again} why are you allowing one religion to be mocked and not another??

yes, i've spoken to a Muslim (see above)

I vote Conservative, and you cant throw the race card at that just because immigration is a major consideration of their political campaign as Micheal Howard is Jewish. I find it hard how anybody (not aimed at Sueysidol) can say that this party is promoting extreme right wing policies.

With slight apologies to Rudyard Kipling...here's one to inspire the Gaffer.

If you can keep your head when all about you

Are losing theirs and blaming it on you;

If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,

But make allowance for their doubting too;

If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,

Or, being lied about, don't deal in lies,

Or, being hated, don't give way to hating,

And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise;

If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;

If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;

If you can meet with triumph and disaster

And treat those two imposters just the same;

If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken

Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,

Or watch the things you gave your life to broken,

And stoop and build 'em up with wornout tools;

If you can make one heap of all your winnings

And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,

And lose, and start again at your beginnings

And never breath a word about your loss;

If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew

To serve your turn long after they are gone,

And so hold on when there is nothing in you

Except the Will which says to them: "Hold on";

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,

Or walk with kings - nor lose the common touch;

If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you;

If all men count with you, but none too much;

If you can fill the unforgiving minute

With sixty seconds' worth of distance run -

Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,

And - which is more - you'll be TinMan my son!

Brilliant!!!! action-smiley-033.gifbiggrin.gifaction-smiley-033.gifbiggrin.gifaction-smiley-033.gif

Guest Colorado Red
he's got Jesus saves - its got Jesus on the cross stopping footballs going in the net

And very funny it is too laugh.giflaugh.gif Hardly the same as yourself comparing a religion to nazism. doh.gif

Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to Doncaster; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of Sheffield Wednesday

we shall not draw or lose. We shall go on to the end, we shall win in Sheffield, we shall fight at the gate, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the league, we shall defend our playoff hopes, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight in the stands, we shall fight on the pitch, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this club or a large part of it were cuddled and starving, then our Steve Landsdown, armed and guarded by Colin Sexstone, would carry on the struggle, until, in God's good time, Brian Tinnion, with all his power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation Bristol City Football Club

Slightly adapted from the speech up further...

Surely the Jesus Saves picture is a bit of fun and hardly like condemning

many muslims as nazis. I'm sure Jesus would of had a little laugh especially

as God normally scores from the rebound. Joking aside surely by having a faith

in a god whether thats Allah or another god,is about love, respect and tolerance.

I don't want to belittle anyones beliefs, but with so many religions saying they are right and the others are wrong. How is someone supposed to tell.

Human beings are given the freewill to make life choices, as long as you are not hurting anyone else, do what you will.

Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to Doncaster; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of Sheffield Wednesday

we shall not draw or lose. We shall go on to the end, we shall win in Sheffield, we shall fight at the gate, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the league, we shall defend our playoff hopes, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight in the stands, we shall fight on the pitch, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this club or a large part of it were cuddled and starving, then our Steve Landsdown, armed and guarded by Colin Sexstone, would carry on the struggle, until, in God's good time, Brian Tinnion, with all his power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation Bristol City Football Club

Slightly adapted from the speech up further...

ah, you beat me to it, i was going to update my previous version. ah well

anyway, as you can see the islam picture has gone, i think the form guys got rid of it this morning (not 100% certain though), just remember that christianity is a religion as well, so don't mock it, simple as.

Remember which religion did september 11th and is more likely to repeat it.

Good point. And Christianity is only responsible for the Crusades, the slave trade, 2 world wars and countless other atrocities....

You'll have to talk to Red Goblin regarding the Crusades, he seems to know a load about it. all i know is Indiana Jones did the last one.

World War 1 - caused by a detterent of 2 vast opposing armies, GB, Russia and France VS Germany and Austro-Hungary, nothing to do with Christianity beliefs.

World War 2 - to stop an evil dictator taking over the world, although he was brought up a catholic, yet he tried to ban all religions during the late 1930's as he used propaganda to show that he was god. Stalin did the same. Once again, nothing to do with Christianity. It seems that you say 2 world wars because it was Christian countries fighting in it. Unless you know something i don't.

Slave trade - well in a way true, but i think the basis of your examples are just ones where the states that carried it out were of Christian origin.

September 11th was carried out because of a religios motive that is found in the kuran {spelling}. I don't know where it is as i cant read arabic, but Al Jazzer TV showed it after september 11th.

Guest purple_monkey_dishwasher

So, using the same logic, as a Catholic you must be responsible for the acts of the IRA. blink.gif

So, using the same logic, as a Catholic you must be responsible for the acts of the IRA.  blink.gif

If you put it one way yes....

however, the ceasefire between the IRA and the Unionists since 1994 has been kept to, i haven't seen / heard any bombing attempts from either for years now, When was the last one??

i cannot see a ceasefire between Al-Queda and the western world.

i cannot see a ceasefire between Al-Queda and the western world.

Erm have you not been paying attention to America's foreign policy over the past 50 years?

It's hardly suprising they hate the Western world with a passion.

Erm have you not been paying attention to America's foreign policy over the past 50 years?

It's hardly suprising they hate the Western world with a passion.

i know Spain is in the Western World, but how has America's foreign policy influenced the decision for Al Queda to bomb the Madrid trains.

Only thing i can think of would be the war in Iraq, but if thats true, why aint we / australia and the other allies to the yanks been attacked yet???

i know Spain is in the Western World, but how has America's foreign policy influenced the decision for Al Queda to bomb the Madrid trains.

Only thing i can think of would be the war in Iraq, but if thats true, why aint we / australia and the other allies to the yanks been attacked yet???

I'm no expert on current affairs but even I know that it has been widely accepted that Spain was bombed because of its support of the US in Iraq, Australia suffered massive casualties in the Bali bombing, and that several people in the UK have been convicted or held without trial due to the terrorist threat.

And I was quite gobsmacked by you admitting reponsibility for the IRA. I was not expecting that reply, I must admit.

Ask a stupid question, you get a stupid answer

Why do I get the feeling you didn't even understand the question?

They are a terrorist organisation - that's what the do, strike fear and terror into people's lives.

Similar, if you like to America bombing the hell out of the middle east for 20 years. Killing tens of thousands of innocent children in the process.

Why do I get the feeling you didn't even understand the question?

well, i interpreted it that you thought that because me and my family are catholic and originate from Southern Ireland, you think that we are responsible for the acts of the IRA,

If this is right, i think you will eventually get to this.

Just becuase people are Muslims, that does not make them extremist terrorists.

Which is true, not all catholics are members of the IRA and not all Muslims are members of Al Queda.

Or r u getting at summot else, if you are, rephrase it, i'm kinda hungover.

Which is true, not all catholics are members of the IRA and not all Muslims are members of Al Queda.

Hooray! You did understand. Although, it's strange that you see this but still think Islam "did" September 11th.

Now, lets try and see if you understand why it's ironic to condemn a whole religion in your signature alongside a quote about Hitler being evil. This one might be a bit trickier though.

Hooray! You did understand. Although, it's strange that you see this but still think Islam "did" September 11th.

Now, lets try and see if you understand why it's ironic to condemn a whole religion in your signature alongside a quote about Hitler being evil. This one might be a bit trickier though.

No doubting Hitler was a twunt, i think that we can agree on that one.

I think we differ on how we view the Muslim religion on the whole. One man's terrorism is another man's freedom fighter. I've been brought up the last 19 years hearing about how terrorists are evil, should be prevented etc. I grew up watching footage of Belfast on the news, but not really knowing what it signified. When the ceasefire was called by the IRA and the Unionists in 1994, i was 9,,, then there goes years without any form of terrorism that is as notable as the Munich Olympics 1972, or the Brighton Bombing in 1984 {i think}, i was not born during these times.

Then September 11th comes along, and its all over the news that extremist muslims are to be feared, and that their religion does not signify the requirements to be accepted into the European Union {Turkey, i've mentioned this in a post above}. It's the first piece of terrorism news that stuck in my head.

The extreme regimes that occur in the Middle East, (ex Saddam Hussein in Iraq as one example}, are feared by their neighbours and others as well, using terror / murder to get his way. and the main religion there is Islam.

Hitler was in control of an extreme party who was feared by his neighbours who used terror / murder to get his way.

i saw the picture and it kind of mixed both sets (i saw it). I do see your point, i aint a complete idiot, although my uni is relatively crap. Anyway, its gone now.

I expect some tough replies. If you feel like not making them public, pm me...

Guest MaloneFM

*Ahem*...sorry...I was looking for the football forum?

I seemed to have stumbled into the 'my god is bigger than your god' room.

Can you point me in the direction of humour and football please?

Oh that way?

Thanks.

Umm...carry on...both of you razz.gif

Guest Colorado Red

Ah. September 11th. An atrocity in which around 2000 innocent people lost their lives. The response of the West? To invade a country which had no connection to the Sept 11th attack. I believe the death toll of Iraqi civilians now exceeds 100,000. Each one of those victims (a large proportion being children) every bit as innocent as the Sept 11th victims. Which is the greater crime, 2000 deaths or 100,000?? dunno.gif

I have no time whatsoever for any form of religion. All of them merely create barriers between people. Those who follow religious doctrines tend to be the most blinkered intolerant people about. They are so certain that their religion is the only true way. We are now in the 21st century. It's high time that the human race shed it's belief in all forms of dogma and superstition. innocent.gif

Doncaster Saturday then. whistling.gif

To suggest 11 September was caused by Islam is twaddle. It is terrorists (or freedom fighters if you prefer) who use relegion as an excuse for terror. Simple.

It is a moot debate as to whether this batch is caused by nutters, or its breeding ground in Palistine. What it is not caused by, as such, is differences in relegion. The leaders in Saudi etc are muslims, and have entirely different views than Al Queda, who are also Muslims.

Africanaas (sp?) in South Africa used quotes from the bible to justify apartheid. Many christians chose to differ. Islam, much like Judism and Christianity, at its core is a relegion that at its preaches love peace and understanding (although they all do profess they are right!).

Not that you would know form the excesses over the years.

This debate is crazy.

I'm actually laughing ou loud reading this. biggrin.gif

How can you generalise and blame an entire religion for the acts of a tiny minority, on all accounts mentioned on this thread.

The Bible and all other religious materials such as the Koran can be interpreted in different ways and therefore give different meanings. Being taught in a Catholic School that the bible cannot be taken literally throughout has shown me this.

Eye for an eye anyone? banghead.gif

No doubting Hitler was a twunt, i think that we can agree on that one.

I think we differ on how we view the Muslim religion on the whole. One man's terrorism is another man's freedom fighter. I've been brought up the last 19 years hearing about how terrorists are evil, should be prevented etc. I grew up watching footage of Belfast on the news, but not really knowing what it signified. When the ceasefire was called by the IRA and the Unionists in 1994, i was 9,,, then there goes years without any form of terrorism that is as notable as the Munich Olympics 1972, or the Brighton Bombing in 1984 {i think}, i was not born during these times.

Then September 11th comes along, and its all over the news that extremist muslims are to be feared, and that their religion does not signify the requirements to be accepted into the European Union {Turkey, i've mentioned this in a post above}. It's the first piece of terrorism news that stuck in my head.

The extreme regimes that occur in the Middle East, (ex Saddam Hussein in Iraq as one example}, are feared by their neighbours and others as well, using terror / murder to get his way. and the main religion there is Islam.

Hitler was in control of an extreme party who was feared by his neighbours who used terror / murder to get his way.

i saw the picture and it kind of mixed both sets (i saw it). I do see your point, i aint a  complete idiot, although my uni is relatively crap. Anyway, its gone now.

I expect some tough replies. If you feel like not making them public, pm me...

Guys,

We are in the midst of the most exciting part of the season, just two games away from play-off heaven, and all you can debate is religion.

Will you please get your priorities right?

God, some people...

Guys,

We are in the midst of the most exciting part of the season, just two games away from play-off heaven, and all you can debate is religion.

Will you please get your priorities right?

God, some people...

If you look at other posts that myself, and i expect others have written, the playoffs are important, but i think i still wanna stand by my religion.

If you look at other posts that myself, and i expect others have written, the playoffs are important, but i think i still wanna stand by my religion.

Why do you want to stand by your religion? As somebody who has no such beliefs I'm unsure as to what religion brings to your life that couldn't be found elsewhere (BCFC maybe?).

PS - Who do you think should start wide right on Saturday?

A political broadcast by the Red Goblin.......

As a staunch English Republican the nearest party to my thoughts and beliefs has to be the UK independence party. Oliver Cromwell was an independent and immediate withdrawal from the EU will really p+ss-off the Royalist traitor scum in the Gay Labour, Tory Scum and Liberal vermin parties.

YOU CAN STICK YOUR EUROPEAN UNION UP YOUR ARSE - SIDEWAYS !!!!!!

Hear hear.

Why do you want to stand by your religion?  As somebody who has no such beliefs I'm unsure as to what religion brings to your life that couldn't be found elsewhere (BCFC maybe?).

PS - Who do you think should start wide right on Saturday?

Right wing on saturday should be Murray, then Cotteril to come on in the 2nd half.

I've been brought up as a catholic and i would like my future kids to be the same. It may not be perfect, nor does it float your boat, but i'm willing to stand by it.

BTW, would you question another religious persons beliefs, ie Mulsim, Hindi etc???

i don't wanna start that arguement again, i'm just interested as to why you feel that you have the right to question my religious beliefs,

I know that its each to their own and thats my choice.

My mate at work was talking about Guardian Angels today. Apparantly the theory is that everyone has one. She thought going to work this morning that she would try it when parking the car as she has trouble parking in the works car park and has had to park up the road for the past few weeks as there have been no spaces. So when approaching the car park she asked the guardian angel if she could find her a space. Hey presto there was one space left! My point is that I'm going to ask my guardian angel for a city win on Saturday well I'm going to try are you???

Guest markreynolds1986
Why?

Only UKIP want to leave the EU and regain control of our borders , in 8 years 1 million immigrants have came to Uk , and other than ireland we are the only country with OPEN DOOR POLICY , and quite frankly i don't see why we need it.

At present the uk are giving £30 million to brussels every day , and if we werent in the EU it wouldnt be happening hence more money for pensioners / schools / NHS.

A country should chose who come's into it and i belive UK should have the right.

There's my reason for my Vote going towards UKIP

Guest markreynolds1986
Why?

Only UKIP want to leave the EU and regain control of our borders , in 8 years 1 million immigrants have came to Uk , and other than ireland we are the only country with OPEN DOOR POLICY , and quite frankly i don't see why we need it.

At present the uk are giving £30 million to brussels every day , and if we werent in the EU it wouldnt be happening hence more money for pensioners / schools / NHS.

A country should chose who come's into it and i belive UK should have the right.

A country should chose who come's into it and i belive UK  should have the right.

But the EU and immigration are good things.

I cannot see how anybody could fail to see the obvious benefits of either. Immigration brings a wider variety of people into the country, increasing the range and depth of talent available, whilst closer links with Europe strengthen our position in the world.

The UK is not a world superpower, it cannot afford to cut itself off, and even if it were and it did it would not remain powerful for long. Insular nations do not succeed at anything much.

Right wing on saturday should be Murray, then Cotteril to come on in the 2nd half.

I've been brought up as a catholic and i would like my future kids to be the same. It may not be perfect, nor does it float your boat, but i'm willing to stand by it.

BTW, would you question another religious persons beliefs, ie Mulsim, Hindi etc???

i don't wanna start that arguement again, i'm just interested as to why you feel that you have the right to question my religious beliefs,

I know that its each to their own and thats my choice.

I'd go the other way and start with Cotterill as he is the one looking hungry for the ball. I'm sad to say that I'd only turn to Muzza if we were chasing the game.

I didnt question your religious beliefs, but rather what people find from religion? It all seems like an awful lot of effort for very little return. Perhaps religion and City arent that different after all.

Guest markreynolds1986
But the EU and immigration are good things.

I cannot see how anybody could fail to see the obvious benefits of either. Immigration brings a wider variety of people into the country, increasing the range and depth of talent available, whilst closer links with Europe strengthen our position in the world.

The UK is not a world superpower, it cannot afford to cut itself off, and even if it were and it did it would not remain powerful for long. Insular nations do not succeed at anything much.

Given £30 million a day would suggest the UK is a "superpower" . Britain should be able to stand on its own two feet , and even if that resulted in the economy being in a worse state. I would rather that. Britain should be in its natural state. By taking away this " range and depth of talent " from other countrys , we are surely worsening other countrys that are already in a terrible state to better our own ?

Fair ? -- I don't think so. Each Country should live in a state that it's own people make it.

IT IS A DISCRACE WHEN PEOPLE ARE NOT ALOUD TO BRAND THEIR NATIONAL COLOURS AS "SOME PEOPLE " ARE OFFENDED AS THE FLAG HAS BEEN ADOPTED BY THE RIGHT WING, on the queens centinery taxis in luton were not aloud to show the St Georges flags as it affends people and has a violent history, OUR HISTORY.

When you cant even drive around with your national flag on show that show's a negative effect from immigration .

Guest MaloneFM
IT IS A DISCRACE WHEN PEOPLE ARE NOT ALOUD TO BRAND THEIR NATIONAL COLOURS, on the queens centinery taxis in luton were not aloud to show the St Georges flags as it affends people and has a violent history

Each Country should live in a state that it's own people make it.

Perhaps you could tell us who those people are then?

I'm pretty sure my blood isn't pure Anglo-Saxon, so am I not welcome? Of course even that only goes back as far as the 6th century, and before that you have Romans and Celts - so maybe only Italians and Welsh people should be allowed to live in England?

Or perhaps you just haven't got a clue what you're talking about.

Guest markreynolds1986
Perhaps you could tell us who those people are then?

I think any person who wasnt born in the UK , a non-British citizen so to speak.

i don't think tracing ancestors would be required do you ?

My personal oppinion is i don't like the fact of immigrants being in britain.

People may not like my oppinion - but I'm afraid thats what it is.

I think any person who wasnt born in the UK , a non-British citizen so to speak.

I'm not surprised people don't like your opinion, because is offensive, stupid and wrong. Presumably you think City would be better off without Leroy Lita then? Or that the country would be better off without a large proportion of its doctors and scientists, not to mention all the other valuable jobs performed by immigrants?

What possible reason have you got for not wanting people born in the UK to live here?

Guest markreynolds1986
I'm not surprised people don't like your opinion, because is offensive, stupid and wrong. Presumably you think City would be better off without Leroy Lita then? Or that the country would be better off without a large proportion of its doctors and scientists, not to mention all the other valuable jobs performed by immigrants?

What possible reason have you got for not wanting people born in the UK to live here?

Stupid and wrong ? - matter of oppinion !

So what do you think is happening to the counrtys where these Doctors and scientists have come from ?

Do you really think that it is fair to take these people away from where they are probaly needed a hell of a lot ! Through their greed of money ?

Just because it is your opinion doesn't mean it is not stupid and wrong.

So what do you think is happening to the counrtys where these Doctors and scientists have come from ?

Do you really think that it is fair to take these people away from where they are probaly needed a hell of a lot ! Through their greed of money ?

Maybe there is a lack of opportunities for them to train and learn their skills in their country, or maybe they just like it here. Either way their reasons are their own and it would be wrong not to welcome them and their talents.

You didn't answer my question about Leroy Lita. This is the football board, you know!

One of the great things about the UK is that everybody is entitled to have an opinion and is able to air their views publicly. However, one of the worst things about the UK is having to listen to badly thought out rants about foreigners, religion, the EU etc from people who clearly do not have a clue what they are talking about.

Having said that, I respect everybody's right to think their own thoughts, even if I think they are talking absolute sheeite.

A country should chose who come's into it and i belive UK  should have the right.

Withdraw from the Eu and watch more companies like Rover go bust or get bought out from abroad. The economy would be shot to pieces.

that i certainly do not agree with, so your saying everybody throughout the country who werent born here should not live here???

Majority of these are Very hard grafters that benefit this country, and all they wanna do is make ends meat, which they may not get the oppurtunity to do in there own country.

Illegal immigration is another matter, but aside that, don't see anything wrong.

• Admin
*Ahem*...sorry...I was looking for the football forum?

I seemed to have stumbled into the 'my god is bigger than your god' room.

Can you point me in the direction of humour and football please?

Oh that way?

Thanks.

Umm...carry on...both of you  razz.gif

Er, but I was under the impression that both religouns actually worship the SAME God unsure.gif

Archived