IGNORED

Miller

Swindon Hater

Am I the only one on here that seems to think Miller isn't actually any good and a waste of 300k?

He didn't do nothing today, and that basically somes it up this season.

Fair enough he has some good skill on him, but he can't finish well enough and he just dosen't get into enough scoring positions.

I like him in the air and I feel he's our best header of the ball in our side, he's slow and we play much better with Leroy/Peacock upfront.

But if you could go back in time and you had the choice, would you have signed Lee Miller?

Yes, I would still sign Miller. I still hold out the thinking the combo we need to play up front is Lita/Miller, which very well be our pairing next year.

I appreciate that Peacock scores some goals (which we surely need) but he never seems to make his partner better nor does he make the team better. Everytime I've seen Peacock play I've felt his timing is just a little slow. That being said he has a bucket load of courage and plays hard which I appreciate. I just wish we could combine Roberts and Peacock into one player.

At Brentford I thought Miller was actually quite anonymous and Wilson was right to bring him off instead of Peacock, for Lita!

But two days later against Bournemouth I thought Miller was brilliant, he has so much skill he makes all our other players look silly. He will get more goals and become a great asset for BCFC. I'm convinced of that.

Guest dez_gimred

you mean against bournemouth...

anyway, good point geoff...he hasnt been amazing for the money....

but at least he has prevented us from losing games even if he isnt winning them for us...

barnsley, QPR and rushden spring to mind! :wacko:

Guest swindonite

He's a waste of money. Sam Parkin cost £50k and is a far better striker, Brightons Leon Knight cost £100k and also appears to be a far better striker.

Face it, you've paid over the odds for another dud.

He's a waste of money. Sam Parkin cost £50k and is a far better striker, Brightons Leon Knight cost £100k and also appears to be a far better striker.

Parkin is doing well for you lot, but before he went to you from Chelsea his goalscoring record was awful.

Including 2 goals in a whole season upfront on loan at Northampton. I get the feeling if he left you lot he'd show his true colours and be a flop.

Guest swindonite
Parkin is doing well for you lot, but before he went to you from Chelsea his goalscoring record was awful.

Including 2 goals in a whole season upfront on loan at Northampton. I get the feeling if he left you lot he'd show his true colours and be a flop.

Actually it was 5 goals. Before Northampton he had successfull loan spells at Millwall and Oldham, scoring 7 in 8 starts and was also at Wycombe, didn't get many goals but was rated by their fans. More like the Northampton spell was where he wasn't showing his true colours, he'll be at worst a regular scorer in D1 in the years to come.

Parkin is class I'll admit, but he's too good for Swindle. When he comes to his senses he'll leave for a 1st division team. I don't know why he just signed a new contract there; obviously no ambition! :wacko:

Guest andy234

I think 300K was a lot for an untried player from the backwaters of Scotland but he's young and several clubs were so called interested in him, so maybe he will improve as time goes on. Was the last player we signed from Scotland Jackie Jackinoske (it was so long ago I've forgotten how to spell his name) how times have changed!

Guest Bootylicious

Get real!

Miller has definate potential. I just think he needs better (and more) service from wide areas, into him.

As they say, this season is a 'settling in' season for him, but i have been far more impressed with his overall work-rate than Peacock's.

I'm willing to say he will turn out to be better value for money than Peacock has done.

Am I the only one on here that seems to think Miller isn't actually any good and a waste of 300k?

Fair enough he has some good skill on him, but he can't finish well enough and he just dosen't get into enough scoring positions.

I like him in the air and I feel he's our best header of the ball in our side, he's slow and we play much better with Leroy/Peacock upfront.

But if you could go back in time and you had the choice, would you have signed Lee Miller?

Agree with most of you're points there Red Boy.

I agree that Miller did nothing yesterday and i was crying out for Wilson to bring Leroy on (which he did thank goodness) I also believe that if Lita started with Peacock we have a real good partnership formed there.

I dont believe however that he was a complete waste of money....

Guest Bootylicious
I agree that Miller did nothing yesterday and i was crying out for Wilson to bring Leroy on (which he did thank goodness) I also believe that if Lita started with Peacock we have a real good partnership formed there.

I dont believe however that he was a complete waste of money....

So what has Leroy done this season to merit a place ahead of LM up front? Score for fun in the reserves?

LL has ALOT more than LM to learn about the game. If you have watched games this season, you will see that LM's game is more about holding the ball up/bringing others into play, than scoring goals (at the moment anyway). He works tremendously hard for the team and very rarely can you call him lazy (ala Peacock at times).

With better balls into the box, LM WILL become a regular scorer for City. I have no doubts.

So, tell me how you think a raw, inexperienced 19 year old, is worth starting with in place of Miller?!

LL is far more influential when coming on as sub.

So what has Leroy done this season to merit a place ahead of LM up front? Score for fun in the reserves?

LL has ALOT more than LM to learn about the game. If you have watched games this season, you will see that LM's game is more about holding the ball up/bringing others into play, than scoring goals (at the moment anyway). He works tremendously hard for the team and very rarely can you call him lazy (ala Peacock at times).

With better balls into the box, LM WILL become a regular scorer for City. I have no doubts.

So, tell me how you think a raw, inexperienced 19 year old, is worth starting with in place of Miller?!

LL is far more influential when coming on as sub.

I just felt that both the Lee's ran around like headless chickens yesterday after a while Lee Miller did nothing and Lee Peacock ran his heart out AGAIN!!!!!!

I will have no problems if DW now recognises that Lita needs to come on to get the team going again at around 70 minutes if the score is against us. I think he has learnt this since Brentford so lets hope he doesn't take one step back and returns to bringing him on around the 85 minute mark. :wacko:

No.

It's partly our failure to get enough quality crosses into the box but he and LP are not the right pairing and I hope it doesn't take DW five months to suss it out, as per the TD/JB partnership in central midfield.

If he didnot do nothing, he done some thing!! (double negative)

miller is class

will not score hat fulls of goal but will bring other players into the game

cost half the money peacock did and is a far better all round player

Archived