IGNORED

Think About It?

CITY BOY DAVE

ranting.gif I'M SORRY BUT I GOT TO SAY THIS!! ARE WE CITY SUPPORTERS OR WHAT? ALL I SEE ON HERE IS NEGATIVE SIDE OF THINGS. CAN'T YOU LOOK AT THE OTHER SIDE OF THINGS LIKE WE ARE ALL CITY THROUGH AND THROUGH AND WHAT I DID TO MY CAR WAS TO SHOW SUPPORT TO OUR BOYS AND THAT I BELEAVE IN THEM. OK ALOT OF YOU DON'T LIKE BT AS MANAGER BUT GIVE HIM SOME SUPPORT AS IT WAS HIS FIRST TIME AS MANAGER OF A CLUB AND A BIG CLUB AT THAT. HE KEPT US IN THE TOP HALF OF THE TABLE AND NEARLY GOT US TO THE PLAY OFFS. CAN'T SEE MANY PLAYER MANAGERS DOING THAT IN THERE FIRST SEASON SO DON'T WRITE HIM OFF YET LET GIVE BT AND OUT BOYS OUR FULL SUPPORT FOR NEXT SEASON AND SOME POSATIVE COMMENTS TO READ ON HERE PLEASE AS A TRUE SUPPORTER AS I KNOW YOU ALL LOVE YOUR TEAM. city.gifchant6ez.gif COME ON YOU REDS.. THANKS FOR LISTENING DAVE......

ranting.gif I'M SORRY BUT I GOT TO SAY THIS!! ARE WE CITY SUPPORTERS OR WHAT? ALL I SEE ON HERE IS NEGATIVE SIDE OF THINGS. CAN'T YOU LOOK AT THE OTHER SIDE OF THINGS LIKE WE ARE ALL CITY THROUGH AND THROUGH AND WHAT I DID TO MY CAR WAS TO SHOW SUPPORT TO OUR BOYS AND THAT I BELEAVE IN THEM. OK ALOT OF YOU DON'T LIKE BT AS MANAGER BUT GIVE HIM SOME SUPPORT AS IT WAS HIS FIRST TIME AS MANAGER OF A CLUB AND A BIG CLUB AT THAT. HE KEPT US IN THE TOP HALF OF THE TABLE AND NEARLY GOT US TO THE PLAY OFFS. CAN'T SEE MANY PLAYER MANAGERS DOING THAT IN THERE FIRST SEASON SO DON'T WRITE HIM OFF YET LET GIVE BT AND OUT BOYS OUR FULL SUPPORT FOR NEXT SEASON AND SOME POSATIVE COMMENTS TO READ ON HERE PLEASE AS A TRUE SUPPORTER AS I KNOW YOU ALL LOVE YOUR TEAM.  city.gif  chant6ez.gif COME ON YOU REDS.. THANKS FOR LISTENING DAVE......

I see your point.....quite litterally online2long.gif

It's getting on my nerves as well mate - people complaining about the pies, the badge, the shirt, the new stand, the manager, the chairman, the players, the board, the price of season tickets, the seats, the stewards, moan moan moan moan moan. I know people are frustrated, I am as much as anyone, but it's not good to see fans arguing as I have in the stands or in here, some constructive criticism yes, and some differences of opinion are healthy but the number of people who just come on here with nothing to say other than to just dump on everything to do with the club realy (Am I naughty or what!) me off. We are all city fans we all support the same club week in week out always have done and always will do - we need to unite behind the club not pull it to pieces with negativity.

It's getting on my nerves as well mate - people complaining about the pies, the badge, the shirt, the new stand, the manager, the chairman, the players, the board, the price of season tickets, the seats, the stewards, moan moan moan moan moan.  I know people are frustrated, I am as much as anyone, but it's not good to see fans arguing as I have in the stands or in here, some constructive criticism yes, and some differences of opinion are healthy but the number of people who just come on here with nothing to say other than to just dump on everything to do with the club realy (Am I naughty or what!) me off.  We are all city fans we all support the same club week in week out always have done and always will do - we need to unite behind the club not pull it to pieces with negativity.

I GOT WHAT YOUR SAYING BUD AS I SAID IT COST ME A FEW HUNDRED TO DO MY CAR LIKE IT IS INSIDE AND OUT AND WHEN I SEE FANS GIVING BAD VIBES I THINK WHOT DO THE PLAYERS THINK WHEN THEY SEE IT WE NEED TO SHOW SUPPORT AND BACK OUR BOYS AND SHOW WE ARE WITH THEM ALL THE WAY. I SAY IF WE GIVE THEM THAT SHOW OF SUPPORT THE WORD WILL GO ABOUT IN THE TEAM AND THEY WILL READ THIS AND IT WILL GIVE THEM EVEN MORE MOTIVATION TO GET US THERE NEXT SEASON.. chant6ez.gif COME ON YOU REDS!!!!

I agree that we can do without negativity in the build up to next season as the only way this club will achieve any type of success at all is for everyone to pull together and work for it!!

I can't however agree with all the comments criticising the critics as the whole point of forums etc is for fans to voice their concerns. The badge issue was very important to many fans and would not have been an issue if the club had used the system it was eventually forced into to with the shirt and allowed the fans a vote in the first place!!! The managers position and players form and commitment will always be debated by fans and we will never get everyone to agree on these!!

But now that many of these issues have been resolved and there are a few green shoots of optimism with the youngsters on the pitch, it is the time for everyone to pull together for what will need to be the massive effort of dragging this football club out of this division and on to a brighter future, so i hope your appeal is succesful and come july and august everyone will be recharged and willing to get down the GATE and roar the players to victory!!

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!]

going to be murder selling that in a couple of years.

In fairness, I have been pleasently surprised by peoples reaction since Tuesday night. I think the forum has had a good balance of views and some very good discussion, and by no means has been universally negative, as I might have expected.

Hopefully next year our expectations will be exceeded!

Guest we8thegas
fair shout, but most of my moans was to help keep what you have on your

car as city's official logo  wink.gif

as for tins i am one of few that think he will get it right next

season..

tins will suss it and will get us up and even if it isn't automatic promotion i bet he wouldn't leave our best players in the stand in the play off final like DW did banghead.gif

Guest b.doug

I AGREE!!! finally people on here who are up for supporting the lads! city.gif

some people spend all there time on this forum, slagging off tins, and the board.

if we don't win you moan about something irrelevant to the game for example the crap with the badge.

the badge situation was completly blown out of proportion, you didnt like the badge then eff off, The badge was a change, something different.

And when you wern't going to get the badge you wanted you started to moan about the collar.

It seemed you turned into babys. the forum wasn't a nice place to post because every other topic was moan after moan.

Well you got your badge and your collar so could you now shut up for a week or two. banghead.gif

big doug

The has definately been a good side from this season and that is tinman has brought some very decent and useful YOUTH players into the team. I'm excited and feeling positive about next season as long as he keeps bringing these young players in. Not for one minute am i saying he has succeeded but as dave said lets look at the positives and get behind our team once more next season, YOU REDS! city.gif

Guest citygoingup2006

I aggree but we cant go up this season so what is tere to be positive about? apart from our youth players.

I GOT WHAT YOUR SAYING BUD AS I SAID IT COST ME A FEW HUNDRED TO DO MY CAR LIKE IT IS INSIDE AND OUT AND WHEN I SEE FANS GIVING BAD VIBES I THINK WHOT DO THE PLAYERS THINK WHEN THEY SEE IT WE NEED TO SHOW SUPPORT AND BACK OUR BOYS AND SHOW WE ARE WITH THEM ALL THE WAY. I SAY IF WE GIVE THEM THAT SHOW OF SUPPORT THE WORD WILL GO ABOUT IN THE TEAM AND THEY WILL READ THIS AND IT WILL GIVE THEM EVEN MORE MOTIVATION TO GET US THERE NEXT SEASON.. chant6ez.gif COME ON YOU REDS!!!!

Nice car mate, I've seen it around!

city.gifenglandsmile4wf.gifcity.gif

if we don't win you moan about something irrelevant to the game for example the crap with the badge.

the badge situation was completly blown out of proportion, you didnt like the badge then eff off, The badge was a change, something different.

And when you wern't going to get the badge you wanted you started to moan about the collar.

It seemed you turned into babys. the forum wasn't a nice place to post because every other topic was moan after moan.

Well you got your badge and your collar so could you now shut up for a week or two.  banghead.gif

big doug

So you liked the badge and collar?

See you at Hillsborough then

I AGREE!!! finally people on here who are up for supporting the lads!  city.gif

some people spend all there time on this forum, slagging off tins, and the board.

Well you got your badge and your collar so could you now shut up for a week or two.  banghead.gif

big doug

oohhhhh razz.gif come on who are you smile.gif

new member 6 posts joined 26th april 2005

but knows everthing going on on the forum inside out

so who got another log in then, come on own up

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

i do agree we should now start supporting the lads and tins

but the badge had to be debated.

No. The badge was pretty much hated by everyone who saw it. The proposed design was pathetic. Because of the 'moaners' we've now got the old badge back. Plus a shirt which looks fairly reasonable. Rather than the awful tacky design proposed. If it had been down to sad happy clappy muppets like yourself then every football fan in the country would have been laughing at City next season. mad.gif

oohhhhh  razz.gif  come on who are you  smile.gif

new member 6 posts joined 26th april 2005

but knows everthing going on on the forum inside out

so who got another log in then, come on own up

laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

i do agree we should now start supporting the lads and tins

but the badge had to be debated.

Seen as though you know how many posts this member has made does mean your a mod because i cant see how many posts he has added? whistling.gif

Seen as though you know how many posts this member has made does mean your a mod because i cant see how many posts he has added?  whistling.gif

Click upon a persons name, and you go to their profile. You can see there how many posts they have made.

Guest pentlandsl

Sorry City Boy Dave, but when something is cr@p I believe in calling it cr@p. This season has been a lousy one, one of the worst I've seen in over 27 years of watching the City.

Granted we've played worse in the past, we've achieved less in some seasons, but I have never seen a team so unwilling to put in any effort and try. If they had spent as much time on the practice pitch as they did reading Which? Car Magazine then they might just have been able to;

(a) Pass the ball accurately

(b) Tackle opposition players without pulling out at the last minute

© Go in for 50/50 headers rather than shirk them

(d) Run for 90 minutes

(e) Run faster than a garden snail with a limp

(f) Not get sufficient yellow cards to get a couple of weeks off every couple of months for a rest

(g) Be organised as a team

(h) Not fall asleep at corners, free-kicks, throw-ins and any other dead-ball situation

(i) I guess you get the picture . . .

There WERE some positives from this season

(1) The young players coming through - Dave Cotterill, Scott Brown, Scott Golbourne, Joe Anyinsah for example. (and not forgetting Miller, whom I hope comes back to The Gate).

(2) Steve Phillips. He is not the best catcher of crosses and doesn't command his box with authority BUT his reflex saves has kept us in many, many matches and saved us from some very embarrassing drubbings.

(3) The shirt and badge reversal - although I think this was an enforced commercial decision rather than a case of "listening to the fans".

(4) The go-ahead for the new stand

For us to proceed we need to;

(i) Sell Lita - he has had a very good season and scored a lot of goals but is far from the finished article regarding work-rate and contribution to the team effort. The money could be better invested in other players. We have good scorers in Heffernan, Brooker, Gillespie and Miller (if he comes back).

(ii) Off-load Murray, we've effectively been playing with 10 men for most of this season with him in the team.

(iii) Sell Tommy Doc - he's a brilliant player but is disruptive to a settled team with the needless cards he picks up and the suspensions he earns. Additionally when he gets on a yellow early in the game, he makes the other players nervous around him and forces them to take on some of his role to protect him from getting a red card. They don't need that additional distraction.

(iv) Offload Coles - he's simply not up for it - despite not getting any offer when transfer listed, he still thinks he's too good for this City side and isn't giving his all.

(v) Give serious thought to off-loading Wilkshire. Again a brilliant player on his day but shirks too many tackles in midfield for him to be effective in this division. Be good to hold on to him if we were confident of getting into the Championship as he would really shine there, otherwise let's get the money in.

(vi) Buy the following players;

(1) A no-nonsense, commanding Center-half - a fit and strong Butler/ type

(2) A strong, holding central midfielder

(3) An experienced left-back who can get back when attacks break down.

(4) An experienced, vocal, organizing midfielder - maybe somebody in the twilight of their Premiership career.

(5) Experienced cover and competition for Steve Phillips.

(6) An experienced coach to help Tinman/Millen

(vii) Last but not least, sack the caterers at The Gate and get some in who can provide hot food on demand, in-date drinks as required and pies and pasty with a little less Shergar and a bit more Ermintrude in them.

Sorry to go on at length but I am fed up with the happy-clappy, bury their head in the sand, everything is alright really, you are not a true fan if you moan brigade.

I am City through and through just like many other "moaners" on this forum and will be down there again next season - although not with a season ticket this time.

TIme to wake up to the reality of our position.

Seen as though you know how many posts this member has made does mean your a mod because i cant see how many posts he has added?  whistling.gif

no not a mod on here, the post count is in your profile fella'

click on your user name to see wink.gif

just having a bit of fun, which has been missing on here smile.gif

Archived