IGNORED

Team V Chesterfield

Bristol Boy

4-4-2

.........................................Phillips................................................................

Carey.........................Coles........................Hill..............................Woodman...

Goodfellow.................Doherty....................Tinnion.........................Brown A....

..................................Roberts...................Peacock..................................

Subs

Stowell

Miller

Lita

Fortune

Clist

I don't necessarily buy this, "we must win and score 5," stuff because it rarely happens,however, we must win.

I don't think we need Butler or Bell at home and feel a bit sorry in leaving Marvin Brown out.

Miller's just not doing it and should only play if Peacock can't.

If you said to me that we could leave Miller, Butler, Bell, Burnell & Wilkshire out and still have a decent bench at the start of the season, I'd have laughed but the players who are doing it should get the shout and you could even give Marvin a run instead of Roberts if his goal scoring doesn't pick up.

Guest Harry May

I think he will stick with Miller upfront . Personally , I would "rest" Louis Carey and play Craig Woodman in his place. Left Back I would play Matty Hill , and stick with Butler and Coles as the central defenders. Put Roberts on the bench - he could cover for either Miller/Peacock. Plus if Aaron has one of his "off "days , Goodfellow could go to L/W leaving Roberts to slot in at R/W.

One things for sure, we are almost getting to the stage where we have 2 decent players for every position.

Caldicot Red.

Guest dez_gimred

............phillips

carey.....coles..hill.....woody

roberts...doherty...tinnion...goodfellow

.........peacock....miller.......

this would be interesting!!

although I'm a fan of aaron brown i really dont think he deserves to play after that awful lazy performance yesterday. hes making a habit of it now so its very annoying!!

maybe try goodfellow on the left where he'll play a bit more naturally...

maybe swap miller for lita at half time

Yes, I thought about not having a keeper on the bench, but chickened out!! :huh:
I seem to remember an Interview with Tinman in the program a year or two ago where he talked about having played keeper a few times and loving it. Why not have Tinman as back up keeper :angry:

How about...

Philips

Carey - Coles - Hill - Woodman

M.Brown - Tinnion - A.Brown - Goodfellow

Peacock/Roberts/Lita - Miller

I like it but I think I'd drop Carey and play docs (or maybe even Burnell) between the back line and the midfielders.

Philips

Coles-Hill-Woodman

Docs(or Burnell)

M.Brown-Tinnion-Goodfellow

ABrown

Lita-Miller

subs:

Roberts

Butler

Peacock

Docs or Burnell

Carey or Clist

No, Matty is not an attacking/overlapping left back. He is fine when we need a strong defence away from home. We need lots of pace against the likes of Chesterfield who will come to defend in numbers plus height up-front to win the knock downs from our defence who will return to type if we are struggling to break them down. Therefore:

- - - - - - - - - -Phillips- - - - - - - - -

Woodman- -Coles- - - Hill- - - Bell

- - - - - - - - Doherty- - - - - - - - -

Roberts- - - Tinnion- - -Goodfellow

- - - - - -Miller- - - - Peacock

Subs

Carey

Butler

M. Brown

A. Brown

Lita

Although we won yesterday, it was not a great performance. Changes are needed...

Phillips

Coles Butler Hill Woodman

M.Brown Tinnion Clist Goodfellow

Roberts Peacock

Subs: Stowell, Carey, Doherty, Bell, Lita

Archived