IGNORED

Marvin Brown

dargla

Guest Alex
I think they just released him.

yeah but he's been invited for prea season, if he cant find a club between now and then

Guest ashtonyate

Its not living up to early promise at 17 players can look like world beaters but never progress .This is why its wrong to get carried away with the young academy player expectation.

we see players like Golbourne Skuce and the like they look really good prospect but so did Coles Jordan and loads more but havent lived up to their early promise.Thats what worries me that Tinnion will rely to much on youth this coming season.

what went wrong? Danny Wilson's philosophy. Not playing young players in ways that help their career and or the future prospects of the team. Something Tinnion started doing as well in the begining but seems to have figured out this year (2005)

Hope we don't back slide into a bunch of old washed up players running around cashing their pay checks

Guest nogginthenog
Its not living up to early promise at 17 players can look like world beaters but never progress .This is why its wrong to get carried away with the young academy player expectation.

we see players like Golbourne Skuce and the like they look really good prospect but so did Coles Jordan and loads more but havent lived up to their early promise.Thats what worries me that Tinnion will rely to much on youth this coming season.

I thought you'd gone a bit quite about the academy. Summer is almost here so time for you to get on your favourite hobbyhorse again. With the arrival of the transfer window the academy will really come into it's own.It will be the teams with strong academy/youth setups who'll do well next season.Tins has already stated that he will be looking to BLEND youth with experiance,I only hope that Goldbourne Skuse etc will finally prove you wrong and that you can then find something else to talk about banghead.gif

Guest ashtonyate
I thought you'd gone a bit quite about the academy. Summer is almost here so time for you to get on your favourite hobbyhorse again. With the arrival of the transfer window the academy will really come into it's own.It will be the teams with strong academy/youth setups who'll do well next season.Tins has already stated that he will be looking to BLEND youth with experiance,I only hope that Goldbourne Skuse etc will finally prove you wrong and that you can then find something else to talk about banghead.gif

I hope you are right because its costing a lot of money but on past form i don't know why you think anything will change.The academy has not made much differance to the club since it has started.

Guest hairyshamrock

The main thing that happened with the downfall of Marvin Brown was the idiot in charge of the youth system at the time was in the WDP saying how he was going to be worth £10million by the time he was 20. This can work one of 2 ways for a 14 year old as i see it, they can either say that they are wonderful, believe their own press and self destruct or prove it right in their own time, or it can scare the living bejesus out of them and they don't think they can live up to the hyp so they end up cowering in their own shell.

Which one do you think Marvin did...?

The main thing that happened with the downfall of Marvin Brown was the idiot in charge of the youth system at the time was in the WDP saying how he was going to be worth £10million by the time he was 20. 

I AGREE 100%. Who knows what might of been if he did'nt have that pressure!

Apparently they (Aaron and Marvin) have a younger brother about 11 yrs old, in our academy, who is even better than his brothers and is one of the best players currently at his age group......

Guest ashtonyate
Sorry to urinate on your BBQ, but Marvin wasn't a product of the Academy. He was from the youth system previous to that.  shutup.gif

The point is you can't tell how young players will turn out.Wonder Boy at 17 wonder what happend at 21.Supporters see a young player who has played a few games and come out with all the crap how good he is going to be you hope they will make the grade but you never know.

Archived