IGNORED

Who To Release

94th Minute

I dont know all the players who are up for contract renawals at the end of the season but i heard the was something like 15.

Anyone over the age of about 20 not playing regular first team football or atleast being named as a sub needs to be released

If we could get rid of 10 of these players we could free up alot of cash.

Say the average wage for one of these players is £2000/week it would free up £1,040,000 in one year.

While on the subject of wages people have been talking about great players on frees but if they are demanding large wages eg £8000/week they are costing us £450,000 per year, (i know we still would have had to pay wages but they would have been less) over the 3 years of their conract this large wage builds up in expense

Players i would let go in the summer are

M BROWN (not good enough)

K AMANKWAAH (as above )

L MATHEWS (fitness)

M BELL (wages)

L PEACOCK ( wages)

M STOWELL (we need a new no1 )

D JONES (???)

L CAREY ( not good enough)

as i dont watch the reserves i cant coment on the younger players who are worth keeping or not

Guest Eddie Hitler

Wages are less of an issue now, Mickey Bell got a substantially reduced deal last time. There aren't the clubs queueing up to pay the wages these days. I can see Lee Peacock's contract renewal going on for ages as he's looking at a big cut, both parties will be digging their heels in on this one.

Agree that Lee Matthews and Mike Stowell are in their last season here, I'd like to see the rest stay though.

Surely it all depends what league we will be in.Its a bit premature just now to speculate.
Good point. I think a lot of the players whos contracts are up in the Summer, are Second division fringe players, would they be good enough if we were to acheive promotion?

If (and I obviously hope this doesn't happen) but if we are still in this division next season, then perhaps a few of the fringe players may be given a year or so extension.

I think that the players that are more likely to get a new contract over the others are Peacock, Amankwaah, and possibly Bell. The majority of the other players either spend most of their time out on loan at other clubs (Jones, Clist), Injured (Matthews) or just seem to be Reserve players that do not get much of a look in (Brown).

I think that the majority of out of contract players will move on in the summer. This will then release a bit more money to play with where new signings are concerned.

Hmmm...

This is my favourite subject, Bell, Matthews and Clist will be out of here I predict. Apart from that I don't have a clue what will happen.

But as Rob-bored says, it depends upon which division we're in. If we don't go up then Peacock, Carey and maybe Hill will go and to be replaced by the much better Lita, Harley and Fortune.

It could be all out of the clubs hands by the time it has been decided what division we'll be playing in next season :huh:

Aren't any players who contracts are up in the summer, free to talk to any other club as of January 1st?

So, if let's say, Crystal Palace were to come in for Peacock now and agree a transfer for when his contract is up, he'll be guarenteed 1st division football next season anyway!!

The trouble with this, is that we are unlikely to make a move for any other clubs players in such a position due to the uncertainty.

So we could end up losing in more than one way :angry:

"Players i would let go in the summer are

K AMANKWAAH (as above )

L MATHEWS (fitness)

M BELL (wages)

L PEACOCK ( wages)

D JONES (???)

L CAREY ( not good enough)"

Except Mr amankwaah, who is injured and has not had a chance to show what he can do I'd go along with that list, maybe Aaron Brown, now Mr Goodfellow is here, as his seemingly casual approach was noted?? Possibly Doc as well??

"Players i would let go in the summer are

K AMANKWAAH (as above )

L MATHEWS (fitness)

M BELL (wages)

L PEACOCK ( wages)

D JONES (???)

L CAREY ( not good enough)"

Except Mr amankwaah, who is injured and has not had a chance to show what he can do I'd go along with that list, maybe Aaron Brown, now Mr Goodfellow is here, as his seemingly casual approach was noted?? Possibly Doc as well??

You would seriously let Aaron Brown go for nothing :huh:

We turned down a couple of fairly good offers from WBA, only a couple of years ago and I'd have to say, he is a much player now than what he was then!!

I can understand letting some of the players go that have little chance of making an impression on the 1st team but Aaron Brown, The Doc and Carey :angry:

I think Big Kev will get offered another year, just to see how he recovers from the injury and as a bit of good-will on the clubs behalf.

Amankwaah has another year on his contract so not an issue is it?

I would say :

Bell and Matthews are dead certs to be let go and would be on my list

Clist a likely candidate as I guess he is still on transfer list, not sure about this one

Browns, Carey, Burnell, Hill, Woodman to stay

Peacock - can we afford to let another goalscorer go (Thorpe & Murray in last 2 years)?

Roberts - not sure, better on wing than up front, but now we have Goodfellow and when Amankwaah is back do we need him?

But as I think many have mentioned, could well depend on where we are! Also some of these may have been sorted before the end of the season.

Roberts - not sure, better on wing than up front, but now we have Goodfellow and when Amankwaah is back do we need him?

Disagree here. Roberts certainly proved he can hit the net last season, however, is struggling to find the target so far this season. Certainly would persevere with him; still would like to see him and Miller given a few more games as signs were promising I thought.

As for Amankwaah, is it bad luck or is he another Matthews? He has had 2 serious injuries now and that's the sort of thing that continuous niggles throughout your career can stem from. I would have no problem personally if his contract was not renewed. Certainly would be disgusted if this was done as a goodwill gesture whilst he recovers from injuries; harsh I know - but we are a business losing money.

As for Goodfellow; time will tell if he stays on the right side. I suspect he may nudge out Aaron in the not too distant future.

Fair point about Roberts (Neo), just think he is a bit unpredictable, maybe with a longer run in the side and in the same position he would show his true potential. He certainly has the pace and strength for wing or striker position.

Will be interesting to see if Goodfellow moves to left wing - depends if he provides the consistency that Aaron seems to lack. I seem to remember loads of positive comments about Aaron from Danny after the Bournemouth game, when I thought he had another one of those games where he disappeared for 80%, but scored a great goal!

Only time will tell.

I didnt say anything about letting Brown go for nowt!! With Goodfellow, Robbo, Tins, and Wilks, we could afford to sell him. I should have made that part clear. Clisty and Joe Burnell could then be the immediate back up players.

Release the others, without a shadow of a doubt.

Why release Robbo, cos DW doesnt know where he wants to play him. When he has come on as a sub even the team improves (Albeit only for quarter of an hour in that Wycombe game). A settled run on the right (With Goodfellow on the left) would show what he is capable of and would just, maybe just catch us an automatic slot. His temperament is the only thing that I would be wary of, stamping on players aint clever!

Release Peacock, YES, and he is nothing like the striker that Judas was, and aint fit to lick Murrays boots, aint no way he is good enough for Div 1. He does not put enough convincing performances in for this level where commitment is everything.

One stat in the Sport First Div 2 pages is Peacocks most fouls, and most fouls without a card, which is revealing. We cant expect Shearers at this level, and he is a dirty player, without any of Shearers guile, we cant afford carrying someone like him. Judas was just lazy, and money grabbing, but he could turn it on the fastest hat-trick of the day gainst Northampton anyone, and yes the rest of the team helped, but it applies to Peacock too.

For me Peacock aint nowhere near the strikers we have had here:

Taylor, Shutt, Cole, Allison, Goater, Akinbiyi, D'agostino

He aint as bad as the Seals etc of this world, but all of the above contributed to the club a lot more he has, and we cant afford to keep him.

The squad already signed-up for next year is (AFAIK):

Stowell

Tinnion

Butler

Phillips

Doherty

Roberts (optional)

Coles

Wilkshire

Goodfellow

Fortune

Miller

Hawkins

Simpson

Lita

Those with most to worry about would be the out of contract senior

players (24yrs+) and those who become 24 (the "Bosman age") next

season, viz:

Bell

Carey

Peacock

Matthews

Brown,A

-

Burnell

Clist

Hill

Also out of contract are: Amankwaah, Brown,M, Jones and Woodman + Academy grads: Anyinsah, Harley, Loxton, Aubrey, (Brown,S)

Surely it all depends what league we will be in.Its a bit premature just now to speculate.
Not really,

If they are not good enough to get us out of this #### division this year they wont be next year either so release them. If we do go up I dont think they are good enough anyway so get rid and add Roberts to the list.

Just MY opinion!

Archived