IGNORED

Thankyou For Yesterday

Guest Tinman

I would like to thank everyone behind the goal yesterday for their support on my 500 game. It was a day I will never forget and your support for me before during and after the game made me feel really proud to be a Bristol City Player through and through, I now see myself as an adopted Bristolian!

To set up the winning goal was the perfect end to a great result against a team obviously lifted by the appointment of a new manager which always gives the oposition a lift!

I hope you all realise that I an now in big trouble for throwing my shirt into the crowd as 1 the chairman is going to bill me for the shirt!

2 the kitman says I have not got a bloody shirt for next week! (nevermind)

Thanks again its been a pleasure playing for your club and heres to promotion.

Cheers

Tinman

Thank you Brian, not only for your commitment and loyalty to our club but also the flair, skill and passion you have played with week in week out over the years. I have delighted in watching the sheer class of football you have provided.

I'm sure the lad who got your shirt will treasure it.

Guest redrebel

The one constant pleasure following City is watching your passion and left foot.The finest sight in football for me is a Tinnion goal the one at Stoke a few years is one I will always remeber.Keep on going Brian and thank you.

Guest longercidered

yea cheers for what you did yesturday. that must had made young goodfellows day as you set him up on his debut.

cheer

longercidered

Guest cider gliders

Nice one Brian! You have a few more yers in you yet

young un! Your experience is rubbin` off on the rest

of the team an it`s startin` to show! Great win on

Saturday! Keep um motivated mate! :huh:

Guest Red_Alligator

Cheers Brian. It's been our pleasure to watch you turning in class performances week after week. We're very lucky.

Red_Alligator

Biting Gasheads and anyone from Swindon for 25 years

Guest StapletonGas

Can I just say Brian that 500 appearances for one club these days as an admirable achievement, its a shame that such loyalty has pretty much disappeared from football these days. Well done.

Guest BCFC Matt

You are a true City legend!

Its a shame that nowadays there aren't many players around who show half the amount of passion you do.

Guest filtonred
:huh: Well done Tins, I went to Nottingham just to say I was there. You deserve everything you get in your testimonial year. The night in Liverpool was very special but the game I remember best was at Twerton when we won 4-2, you ran on to the pitch as if you wanted to take on the world, we will miss that when you hang up your boots

Thanks again its been a pleasure playing for your club and heres to promotion.

No, Thank you. Quite simply the finest passer of the ball I've seen in the flesh....(and I can't honestly say I've seen many better on the box either!) Such passion, commitment and loyalty is a rare commodity in today's game and you truly are treasured by this club and it's fans for that.

I just hope that I've misinterpreted this quote, and that it's not a veiled announcement of your retirement....it almost sounded like a goodbye....just in case it is, then on behalf of pretty much everyone here........DON'T DO IT!!!

tins,

There have been some great times here and the odd great player I can remember, but your loyalty to this club, should be recognised, and noted by the mercenaries that infest our game. Its rare to see someone like yourself in this day and age

that goal gaint the scousers, will live with me till I die

thanks for your time at City, you are a Cider-red !

Guest redrobin108

In the modern game of football, you deserve somesort of award.

A MBE for services to sport.

If a useless javelin thrower can get one why not Brian Tinnon.

Thanks for 10 great years of service and heres to many more.

Guest Bigdave60
tins,

There have been some great times here and the odd great player I can remember, but your loyalty to this club, should be recognised, and noted by the mercenaries that infest our game. Its rare to see someone like yourself in this day and age

that goal gaint the scousers, will live with me till I die

thanks for your time at City, you are a Cider-red !

Brian:- As a Bristol City supporter for the last 50 odd years. I can say that you stand alongside the likes of John Atyeo. At that time it was much easier to achieve 500 appearances due to the basic wage structure (there were rumours of underhand payments,especially after wins against the Rovers).

I am sure you could have moved on to a more fashionable club during your time in Bristol. I hope your playing career continues with more sucess,and wish you all the best in what ever may follow.

I am sure all City fans hope your future will be at this club in what ever capacity.

THANK YOU.

Guest Bootylicious

What a guy!

We should be saying thanks to YOU, Tins, for some wonderful memories you have given us in a City shirt.

Long may it continue......dont quit!

Guest bcfccider

You are a Bristol City legend. It brought tears to my eyes to hear your goal agianst Liverpool once more, last Friday.

Thank you for appearing at our wedding on July 19th last year, it capped a special day.

Chris and Laura

We'll be here for your 600th!

Congratulations on your loyalty and passion, it sets an example that younger players should aspire to.

I heard that Gazza's telling folk he played with that Tinnion bloke in the Newcastle youth team! :huh:

keep on keeping on mate.

Thanks Tinman for being a City Legend thorugh and through.

The loyalty and passion you have shown for our club is a rare thing these days.

I hope you stay at The Gate in some capacity for many years to come.

I would have called you a Goodfellow, but that would have been taking the michael!!!!

Just like to add my thanks to you for your commitment to Bristol City over the past 10 years, we may not see another player in our life time total up 500 appearances again so this is something quite special, thanks for the goal at Anfield, those that were there will never forget it, Congratulations on your 500th game and like others have said, we hope we will see you mark your 600th game at Ashton gate.

Guest eviltaxman

Johnny Wilkinson gets a medal from the Queen for kicking a ball about for a few weeks..... surely you're due the Knighthood we know you're entitled to, for such outstanding loyalty and gamesmanship over the years.

Even the likes of Shearer (a so called hero) hasn't stuck with one team for too long.

All I can say is thanks for the memories and here's to many more!!! :Party3: :Party12:

Guest blockbrowt

Thanks Brian its been an absolute pleasure watching you over the years. Please keep going as long as possible. With the signing of Mark Goodfellow lets hope we can see some more of those raking passes that you were giving so often to Scotty. Good luck on the promotion front!

:angry::angry::huh:

Guest SuttonRed

No, thank you!

I've been regularly watching city for the best part of 16 year's and in that time we have not had a better pro! You had a really nasty time about 8 years ago and to come through that shows remarkable commitment and character.

Who cares that we were'nt playing champagne football saturday but it was a great day anyway. Winning ugly has been our biggest downfall over the years, and it's about time.

You're playing the best footie of your career and long may it continue. This e-mail is extremley repetitive but I think everyone that has seen you play for over the years would echo the sentiments expressed.

Cheers Tins!!!!!!!!

Players like yourself are what the game is all about, I hope there are still many memorable days left in your career.

Testament to your standing in the game is the respect (albeit sometimes grudging) given to you by our fiercest rivals.

What the gas fans say

I also get the impression that the match officials respect you as well, certainly judging by the game's I've seen you referee for them. :huh::angry:

You're a star Tinman. I'll always remember you stroking the ball around Wembley like you owned the place.

Forget about adoption, I think the Bristol Councillors should be giving you the Freedom of the City.

It's a Beautiful game and you paint the pictures.

Thanks.

What a legend.

I may have only been watching City regularly since the mid-90's but you are the one player that's been head and shoulders above the rest in my time watching football at the Gate.

If there's one player from City that I've made sure my mates know about in this neck of the woods (even the ones who don't know about football) it's you.

:huh:

Enjoyed your celebration on Saturday, shame you couldn't throw the shirt just a little bit higher :angry:

Here's to 500 more appearances :angry:

Guest lobster

Well done Brian - it's a great achievement to play 500 games for a single club, especially in this day and age.

You have been a model professional and a great servant to the club. Keep up the good work.

Archived