IGNORED

New Stadium - Where Would You Put It?

bobby

A while ago someone asked on here why so many people were opposed to the Severnside proposal - my response would be location, location, location!

I would support a proposal for a new stadium in the right location, but where would that be? Is there space in south Bristol?

How about any of the following?

Long Ashton - plenty of space around David Lloyd centre, but is green belt so unlikely to get planning

Hengrove Park - 200 acres of space but local opposition and apparently the transport system isn't good enough!

Temple Meads - they found space for the arena so why not a stadium?

Personally I think redevelopment of Ashton Gate, because it's ours and I only live round the corner, but if we can't get finance for this and it's easier to finance a new stadium on a new site, jointly with others, then one of the above should be possible.

Which would you go for?

That patch at Temple Meads is too small for a footy ground. Long Ashton would never happen because of the greenbelt laws (quite right in my opinion). Severnside is closer to Wales than South Bristol. Etc. etc.

Hengrove Park was the ideal place for a new stadium, but its time to get on and redevelop the Gate. BCFC are actually quite lucky in that other stadiums of a similar age rarely have the space in which to expand their grounds.

BS4

• Admin
why not buy up ashton park build it there then convert ashton gate

back to a park  :huh:  :angry:  hmmm just a thought  :angry:

Unfortunately the Council would be unwilling to sell unless we promised replacement parkland of similar size in the area and selling the current plot of land to a development company would be a major source of the cash to pay for the new ground <_<

Guest east_dundry_red

Hengrove Park - 200 acres of space but local opposition and apparently the transport system isn't good enough!

The othe rproblem with hengrove park is that bcfc would also have to build a new rugby club along with a stadium.

Unfortunately the Council would be unwilling to sell unless we promised replacement parkland of similar size in the area and selling the current plot of land to a development company would be a major source of the cash to pay for the new ground :angry:
TRUE, a shame that as the park area is bigger than the gate and a lot

less to build around like people's houses in the way, ashton gate has a lot of

space at the back (car park area) but the houses right behined the dolman

and the corner end of the east end make it akward to build around :huh:

fruit market
good choise but didn't the council turn down planning permission?

or was it the fruit market didn't want to sell up?

the problem is that the council would have to allow 2 stadiums as

if we got one the gas would want one to, that is why the severnside

plan was drawn up to kill 2 birds with one stone so to speak...

i can't see the council allowing 2 new stadiums to be built but

i guess we should just revamp the gate..

Guest two acres red

correct me if I'm wrong but i didnt think it went as far as the council giving us planning permission. I know there was talk of it but it just went pear shaped for some reason. And in regards to your other quote cider head can bristol rovers afford to build a new stadium ?

correct me if I'm wrong but i didnt think it went as far as the council giving us planning permission. I know there was talk of it but it just went pear shaped for some reason. And in regards to your other quote cider head can bristol rovers afford to build a new stadium ?
not sure i thought every time we went for a area we were turned down

like i'm sure we got turned down for hengrove (the old air port) before

the cinema and pub was built? as for the gas i'm not sure but them crafty

git would find a way , with the money they have made on selling players

over the years i bet they got a sneaky few quid hidden somewhere or

would pull off a sponsor deal :huh:

on the A38 between the airport and long ashton. south of the river of course.
the A38 between the airport and long ashton is a prime area but

it is green belt area and would be for sure turned down? i may be

wrong but i can't see us getting permission to build there :huh:

like i'm sure we got turned down for hengrove (the old air port) before

the cinema and pub was built?

Never actually got as far as a planning application at Hengrove, but the council did run a referendum asking thousands of people around Hengrove if they wanted a stadium there, and of course the answer was NO :Fume: So that was the end of that.

No such luck that the council would actually promote such an idea and work positively with the club to ensure it happens.

So what next?? Well at least we do have planning permission to redevelop AG :huh:

Archived