IGNORED

Sunderland Snub Cureton

Guest BridgyRed

Guest BridgyRed

BBc teletext reports that Sunderland will not be signing Jamie Cureton. Dont know if we can afford him (prob not) but would be qualty if we could!!!!

Guest CiderRedMatt

he would get the goals - it would be worth it, like if we got Robins last season we would be in Div 1 right now if we got him - its worth the money!

Guest Bow_Legged_Chicken

I would love to see him down here banging in the goals even if its just to get to annoy the rovers fans!!

However i heard from a very reliable source that its looking doubtfull as he is messing us about.

I would love to see him down here banging in the goals even if its just to get to annoy the rovers fans!!

However i heard from a very reliable source that its looking doubtfull as he is messing us about.

Where would this forum be without the weekly reliable source quote :P

I'm sure this reliable source that everyone seems to know, yet mysteriously can never be named and is about as reliable as politicians promise will one day get one story right, sorry but I hate reliable source postings as they are usually utter ######!

Guest Bow_Legged_Chicken

Actualy I'm not one for rumours in fact i hate them however this one came from the most reliable person that there is.

Saying that this person could just be saying this to us to make us think wrongly about the whole situation?

Yes but who, we never hear who this person is, I could tell you I have heard on good authority that Danny Wilson will be given 1 million to spend in the summer on new players if we get promoted, it's utter bol locks as i just made that up but you see my point surely, no name attached to the reliable source makes it unreliable in my book.

Guest Bow_Legged_Chicken

yes but maybe if you give the source out that source will stop giving info out to people and keep it all to himself.

Cureton has scored loads in the lower leagues but is still unproven at 1st division level.He didn't exactly set the world alight when at Reading and did in fact lose his starting place.He scored 50 goals in three seasons for them before he was let go.

Not a reference to be proud of and its no suprise that Mick McCarthy hasn't offered him a deal - he's not complete enough as a player to warrant a deal in a higher league.He's goalscorer but thats all and you need more to make it higher up the leagues.

Cureton would ideal for 6 month contract at City.Long enough to benefit from his goals which would hopefully take us up.Then get rid of him.

Sadly he wouldn't be interested in a deal of that length.

BBc teletext reports that Sunderland will not be signing Jamie Cureton. Dont know if we can afford him (prob not) but would be qualty if we could!!!!
well done. this was announced about 2 days ago.

Archived