IGNORED

Luton Player In Talks With City

Guest MK_Hatter

Guest MK_Hatter

Rumours are flying around Luton that one of our best players was pulled out of training to discuss terms with Bristol City and did not return. It sounds like it's a midfielder or forward. Anyone heard any rumours down your neck of the woods?

Havnt heard anything down here, and after the purchase of Goodfellow I would be supprised if we got anyone else in the next few days.

As for ex-luton player Tony Thorpe, I bet you(edit "r glad you") got rid of him, he wouldnt have been training, just sat around doing bugger all.

Guest MK_Hatter

My thoughts are if you need a pacey attacking midfielder then it's Adrian Forbes or centre forward then Steve Howard. The rumours all state it's not a defender and these are the only two players that I can see anyone paying for!

Guest MK_Hatter

We are up ###### street as in receivership and the takeover that was supposed to go through this week looks to have gone t1ts up! So it looks like we need to sell the crown jewels just to survive! Would be gutted if either of those players was sold after the way we lost Judas Thorpe to QPR (on sky one minute pledging his future then donig the off 48 hours later)!

Well the obvious shout is Steve Robinson who was on loan with us for the end of season before last.

29yr old whom Luton bought from Preston for £50000 after that loan spell. Midfielder who did command a £375000 fee earlier in his career. Been ever present this yr for Luton. Looked ok for us if unspectacular in the middle.

Guest DukeCoxer

Not sure we should be looking at other players should we?? were building such an enourmous squad at the mo, with so many very good players stuck in the oblivion of footbal which is our reserves!!

Not sure we should be looking at other players should we?? were building such an enourmous squad at the mo, with so many very good players stuck in the oblivion of footbal which is our reserves!!
True we'd need to get rid of a few players in this transfer window if we want to sign any more players i.e. Matthews and... there's no one else obvious (of 'sellable' age) who can't potentially play a part for us this year :huh:

I think if this transfer talk is clear we could see the non-renewal of players contracts at the end of the year and Wilson maybe having a clear out.

Not sure but i think the players whose contracts are up at the end of the season are:

Carey Release

Amankwaah Keep

Bell Release

Hill Keep

Clist Release

Tinnion Keep

Stowell Coach

Rumours are flying around Luton that one of our best players was pulled out of training to discuss terms with Bristol City and did not return. It sounds like it's a midfielder or forward. Anyone heard any rumours down your neck of the woods?

I wouldn't be at all surprised.

When the present round of transfer talk began in December, Danny was intimating from the start that it was players, plural, that we were looking for, be it loan or permanent.

A winger and midfielder were always on the cards. With Wilkshire away for several more games we need a midfielder now. If a bargain is available due to Luton's financial situation it would make sense to snap him up.

As for squad size as mentioned elsewhere in the thread, our "massive squad" is vastly exaggerrated.

When we were last relegated from the First we had 39 pros. on the books.

By my reckoning we are now down to mid-20's after 3 years of cut-backs and the majority of them are youngsters.

Hopefully it's the impressive, attacking midfielder Forbes that City are after.

Adrian forbes would be a good un for City scores goals, and might be a potential replacement for Tin-man once he decides to retire.

Luton, considering they are in receivership, and cant get new blood are doing brilliantly, potential play off place, and they have at times been above City, so to say their players wouldnt get into our team, I would suggest is a trifle dismissive. Contrast the pay and conditions at both clubs, and these guys must be motivated, so one of them who moves would shake most teams up, because they know the tought end, unlike most of our team.

gotta say though, I aint been asked by the half dozen or so Luton fans I work with about this so I cant see it, Forbes would be an asset though, albeit another raw one!!

Could this be Matthew Spring?

He always has a good game when I see him, a more reliable Doc type player maybe it was his excellent pass that put McSheffrey in for his goal against us. According to the transfer site there is some doubt about his contract. I don't know if it means they don't know or if he is on a monthly one, :Confused13: :Confused13: :Confused13: but it could mean we get him for a sign on fee and wages instead of a transfer fee.

Football transfers

I think if this transfer talk is clear we could see the non-renewal of players contracts at the end of the year and Wilson maybe having a clear out.

Not sure but i think the players whose contracts are up at the end of the season are:

Carey    Release

Amankwaah  Keep

Bell  Release

Hill  Keep

Clist  Release

Tinnion  Keep

Stowell  Coach

There's 16 out of contract including 4 Academy/Reserve Players, Ayinsah, Harley & Loxton are three and I posted the full list on here a week or so ago.

It also includes Peacock and the Brown brothers.

The Luton Player?

Mathew Spring.

Carey  Release

Amankwaah Keep

Bell  Release

Hill Keep

Clist Release

Tinnion  Keep

Stowell Coach

Welease woger!!

No but seriously CAREY!!!!, I wouldn't invite him home for tea, but he's a good defender and still quite young.

and are you one of the Bell haters? because despite his rotund appearance, he's a good passer of the ball and we need some experience in the side when all the rest are 19!

Wonder where you got that?
From your link old chap and very good it is too!

I'm not over keen on Steve Robinson who's OK but not any better than what we've got. Haven't heard much about Coyle

On the basis of a 4-4-2 formation, when LW's back-if Tinnion, Clist & TD/JB are all fit, we should be OK.

If we go up, then LW's the only one I'm cinfident about in a central midfield role in Div 1 and that's when it's handy to have players out of contract for a bit of a clearout.

I think we'd need 2-3 good players just to stay up and 4-7 if we want to compete.

Too quick to jump the gun and you've made yourself look an idiot Taz. I was telling Peanut Thorpe is with QPR because he stated he thought he was still with Luton. Some people will stop at nothing to have a pop, and STILL get it wrong. :huh:

Ok. Please show me in this quote where it says that Peanut thought that Thorpe was still with Luton:

Havnt heard anything down here, and after the purchase of Goodfellow I would be supprised if we got anyone else in the next few days.

As for ex-luton player Tony Thorpe, I bet you(edit "r glad you") got rid of him, he wouldnt have been training, just sat around doing bugger all.

Yes I admit that I can see that the original post has been edited, after not picking up on this last night (was late and had had a few). However as I'm sure you can see the above quote states ex-luton player Tony Thorpe.

Perhaps if Peanut had originally stated that he thought that Thorpe was still with Luton, however then edited the post as he was corrected, then wouldn't it have been an idea to also edit your post as well?

So then, am I still an idiot?

Who needs the comedy channel when you two and numerous others fly off the handle at each other!  :P
Yep, why pay all that cash for Sky when you have the forum :angry:

Am I correct though?

If I've completely lost the plot then I will apologise, however I fail to see how I am wrong.

:huh:

Archived