IGNORED

Auf Wiedersehn Bomber!

RedUn

Not the most avid TV viewer but always partial to a bit of Auf Wiedersehn Pet

Imagine my horror then to watch the viddy and see the West Country character "Bomber" (played by a Brummie) in this week's episode wearing a blue & white quartered footy shirt with CLOWNI across the chest ... you can go off people!

As I write Matthews has just set up Agadoodoo to miss a sitter.

No my mistake, just found his website and found the following on his biography:

Pat Roach was born and raised in Birmingham, England. He decided against professional advice, not to relocate to America.

His love for the UK, the people and its four seasons kept him in England. Pat says "I love my roots!"

His website - Just in case you're interested

Bomber was a City fan in the first series (or could have been the second). The Geordie lads were all talking about Newcastle United and asked Bomber who he supported, he said (in that amusing 3rd person way of his) the "Bomber's always supported Bristol City".

Continuity wallah's obviously asleep - or is it made by a different company now it's on BBC?

Bomber was a City fan in the first series (or could have been the second).  The Geordie lads were all talking about Newcastle United and asked Bomber who he supported, he said (in that amusing 3rd person way of his) the "Bomber's always supported Bristol City".

Continuity wallah's obviously asleep - or is it made by a different company now it's on BBC?

Very interesting sir, and I believe you are right - shall we make a fuss?

Guest TimmerD

What a relief, someone else spotted this. It is definitely a howler from the makers of the programme as in the first series Bomber was asked which Bristol team he supported and he relpied:

"City's my team - always has been" - seems as though he's now forgotten that.

I think we need to take this further!

I can't face watching any more episodes seeing him in a blue and white piece of ****

What a relief, someone else spotted this. It is definitely a howler from the makers of the programme as in the first series Bomber was asked which Bristol team he supported and he relpied:

"City's my team - always has been" - seems as though he's now forgotten that.

I think we need to take this further!

I can't face watching any more episodes seeing him in a blue and white piece of ****

First of all, very please to discover that contrary to the title of this thread Pat Roach is (as far as I know) still alive and well!

The character is definitely a City fan - the scene in one of the early episodes has Bomber taking the ###### out of North-East football, so Neville says something like "At least they're better than Bristol Rovers" to which the reply is "I couldn't agree more - Bristol City's my team, always has been". The implication being that to non-West Country people, Rovers tend to be the team you think of first with regard to Bristol and footy, simply because their "surname" is more unusual...

I haven't seen the second episode of the new series but if Bomber was wearing a Rovers shirt then that is very ironic as the producers obviously picked the first Bristol team that came into their heads - thus proving the gag from Series One to be correct.

If the BBC want to sort it out, might I suggest a future episode where Bomber makes reference to some sort of memory loss, possibly culminating in the line "... and I woke up thinking I was a complete ######, so obviously I must have been a Rovers fan"...

Way WAY too much time on my hands today. I'll get me coat...

Anyone remember the Cockney in the first series? I think he sadly parted our company due to his drug habit in the mid 80's, great shame.
Yes, very well. The actor, whose name escapes me at the moment, Gary something I think, died half way through filming series 2. The series was finished without him, but they used cardboard cut outs of him, for distance shots of the lads.

Guest two acres red

The role Gary played was Wayne he did die from a drugs overdose, and the wrestling was on world of sport allways on a saturday 4pm start.

First of all, very please to discover that contrary to the title of this thread Pat Roach is (as far as I know) still alive and well!

Unfortunately, I seem to remember that Pat Roach may be alive but only just as he is very seriously ill and may not see out the series - I hope I am wrong but no doubt someone will confirm or otherwise.

Archived