IGNORED

Getting To Ashton Gate

Guest New_Red

Guest New_Red

Hi all

I've just moved to Bristol and am looking to support City. I was hoping to make Chesterfield at the weekend my first game

I just wanted to know the best way to get to the ground. I'm not sure what parking is like in the streets so I wanted to avoid taking my car if at all possible. Are there buses that go from the centre that I can catch? I've tried looking but quite frankly I am useless at searching for information like this! Plus I find that experience is the best information in cases like this

Or if street parking is the easier, where is it best to park?

Thanks a lot all,

New Red

There is plenty of off street parking if you arrive early enough which you may want to do if you still need to get tickets, or even decide which part of the ground to sit in.

There are two entrances to the ground, Winterstoke Rd and Ashton Rd (opposite the park). If you have been reading this forum, you will know that Saturday is a little unusual as some of us will be moving to a different area of the ground for the day (too long and complicated to explain, just look for previous posts and threads about the "East End"), but the City "end" is normally the Atyeo stand by the Ashton Rd entrance.

Hope you have a great "baptism" and congratulations on choosing the right side of Bristol (the red side). :D;):D:D

Just being nosey...where are you from? What team do you usually follow, if any?

Welcome to the Red side of the City. Things are on the up for us at the moment. It may not always be good watching City but is it never dull! Enjoy the game!

Guest New_Red

I've just moved up from Cornwall. My Dad used to live in Bristol and followed City, so luckily it wasn't too hard a decision... and it saved following the 'other lot' :P

Welcome new red to the forum.... Yeh ive seen two people be knocked over by the mega bowl road leading upto the suspension bridge, namely when we played St Albums in the FA cup about 6 years ago when we won 9-2 or summat, A bloke got hit by a car doing at least 25mph, he did a few somersalts in the air and crashed to the ground.

His then Screaming girlfeind from the other side of the road made had to be restrained from running out into the busy road from helping him, amazingly as everyone was about to ask his bird where the funeral would be he managed to get up and somehow hobble over to the other side before the ambulence arrived, think he just busted his kneecap or summat.

Anyhow enjoy the game and the morale of the story is... Never park in megabowl.

Guest Mickey Bells left foot

my dad parks on the cumberland road just across the river and then we walk down the disused railway line and then across ashton park

Guest dez_gimred

or....even easier...

just park in the massive currys/pc world car park and tell the fool at the gate that you are planning 2 hours of stimulating pc shopping

':D'

If you don't want to drive so you can have drink and meet a feww fans in the pub.

Well if thats the case take the number 24 from the centre it takes you right to the ground.

After the game buses are laid on direct to the centre.

You also could take the 75,76,77 bus from the centre and get off and the bottom of west st, the ground is about 10 mins walk from there so it gives you a chance to have a bit of a pub crawl. The stop you want is opposite the 3 lions pub ask the driver to stop there for you.

The 3 lions is a good city pub then you could make your way to the Luckwell Pub or even The Robins all good city pubs.

A bit nearer the ground is North Street if you fancy something to eat and a bet also a few good pubs there.

If the weather nice the walk from the centre is not that long if you got the time.

Guest Red_Atyeo
Anyhow enjoy the game and the morale of the story is... Never park in megabowl.

Or maybe..... Do park in Super Bowl but use the under road tunnel to get to the park, and walk from there. :D

Archived